The Movies I Liked

Stolen has got very bad reviews in imdb. Now I'm gonna give it a try. Expendables 2 is suitable for non stop action movie lovers. There is not much in story but it is a passable movie.

Battleship [2012]

Battleship (2012) - IMDb

A good Sci-Fi/Action movie. Story is average, earth wants to invade an extrasolar planet and in response are attacked by aliens who cannot face sunlight. The movie features the pop singer Rihanna, nice performance. Cinematography and Sound mixing is really awesome in this movie. Good Visual effects also. A must watch movie for all Action lovers.

Cheers.

MV5BMjIyOTIwMTIzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE2ODg5Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

A seasoned assassin plays both sides in a Russian gang war and becomes the target of an unknown enemy.

One in the Chamber (2012) - IMDb

Defiance [2008]

Defiance (2008) - IMDb

A very good War/Drama movie. Story is about Jews hiding/escaping from the Nazi's with a little support from the Red Army soldiers. The movie has got some good emotional scenes, supported by some good background score. Good cinematography. Daniel Craig was ok in performance, not as good as 007, but Liev Schreiber's performance was very good.

Cheers.

Killer Joe [2011]

Killer Joe (2011) - IMDb

A very good Thriller/Drama movie. The story is good with some twisted humor coupled with some sexual perversion and gory violence . Nice performance by Matthew McConaughey as Killer Joe. A must watch for thriller fans.

Cheers.

Step Up Revolution [2012]

Step Up Revolution (2012) - IMDb

A good Dance/Drama movie. Unlike the previous Step Up movies which was purely street dance based, this is a bit different with no street dance, but Flash Mob. Story is also good compared to older versions . Good music and some nice dance moves.

Cheers.

A few movies I saw over the weekend...

Battleship (2012) - IMDb - Usual fare about aliens wanting to invade Earth and exterminate all humans. Nothing really good to write home about here... action was not impressive and neither was the cast nor their performances. Can definitely be given the miss.

Finding Neverland (2004) - IMDb - Based on a true story of author J. M. Barrie the creator of Peter Pan. Even otherwise the movie is great with an excellent performance by Johnny Depp and ably supported by Kate Winslet, Julie Christie, Dustin Hoffman and Freddie Highmore. Not the usual romance or action fare... its a story of how a grown man learns from his friendship with a young boy. Wonderful movie and highly recommended.

The Rocketeer (1991) - IMDb - A very nice romantic comedy featuring the beautiful Jennifer Connelly. A young pilot Billy Campbell chances upon a jetpack that lets him fly and everybody from the US Government & FBI to the Nazis want it for world domination. Timothy Dalton plays a Hollywood actor and Nazi spy who then kidnaps the heroine and its up to the hero to save the girl and the world. A nice enjoyable movie that definitely has repeat value especially if you like the pretty Jennifer Connelly.

Sin City (2005) - IMDb - The original theatrical release was great, but I recently got the Unrated Blu-ray version and this makes the movie even better. Its longer at nearly 2 & 1/2 hours but is split into smaller individual movies with more footage per movie. An excellent movie no matter which version you see, has some excellent performances and action. Story takes place in an imaginary city full of criminals with a few good guy and tells 3 individual stories, but all meshed together with some characters having a role in all 3 mini-movies.

I, Robot (2004) - IMDb - A movie I've seen multiple times and will continue to do so. Probably my favorite "robot" movie apart from the brilliant Westworld and the classic Forbidden Planet. I, Robot though is not so much genius as highly entertaining. Will Smith plays a cop in the future where robots are a part of daily life and help with all chores from driving to cooking and taking care of the kids. Will Smith has an inherent distrust of all robots and this hatred is vindicated when a robot kills the scientist James Cromwell responsible for giving mankind these robots. It is up to Will Smith and Bridget Moynahan to uncover this mystery and identify the real killer and yes save the world in the process.

Dark City (1998) - IMDb - Another Jennifer Connelly movie! Dark City is the story of a city that has no sun and its citizens have a new memory each day. The city is run by powerful aliens who have the power of telekinesis who use human beings as guinea pigs by implanting memories into them and then studying them. Its up to Rufus Sewell, William Hurt, Kiefer Sutherland and Jennifer Connelly to save the city and its inhabitants. A good movie from Alex Proyas who also made the previous I, Robot and the excellent Knowing & The Crow.

Looper [2012]

Looper (2012) - IMDb

A very good Sci-Fi/Action movie about time travel. The story is a bit complicated, but very imaginative. Bruce Wills performance is just okay, Pierce Gagnon was good. Worth a watch.

Cheers.

Not sure they come under movies...

51jPdM3vZ8L._AA1500_.jpg

DVD so had to upscale on the BDP, but the audio is excellent. Amazing music made even better on DTS 5.1.

51S3K50ZK5L._SL500_.jpg

HD DVD version, 30 songs, again in 5.1 surround and in high definition. One of my favorite bands ever... enough said.

6 Bullets [2012]

6 Bullets (2012) - IMDb

A full throttle Action/Thriller movie. Story is (something similar to Taken) good. The character development is the best thing I liked in this movie, supported by their respective good performance. The Action scenes are well done, and sound mixing is good to. A good movie overall.

Cheers.

MV5BMTg4ODYyMzkwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc2MzA1Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

John is taken on a murder-fueled ride by a mysterious stranger that transforms the weak-willed, disillusioned husband and father into a desperate hero willing to go to any length to protect his family.

Meeting Evil (2012) - IMDb

V.

Fire with Fire [2012]

Fire with Fire (Video 2012) - IMDb

A time pass Action/Drama movie. Story is fair enough, It's not fully recommendable movie, but if all you're looking for is a cheesy action film to while away a couple of hours in the evening, this could be your choice.

Maximum Conviction [2012]

Maximum Conviction (2012) - IMDb

Another pure enjoyment Action movie. Story is fine, some good action clips with some good martial arts from the 2 lead performers, and we have 2 Steve's here (Steven Seagal and Steve Austin) who were a good pair. A one time watchable.

Safety Not Guaranteed [2012]

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) - IMDb

A time travel Comedy/Romance movie. The movie starts off a bit boring and later on becomes interesting. The movie is nicely carried out by the actors. A good watch.

Cheers.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back