The Movies I Liked

Lockout on Blu-ray - Guy Pearce, Maggie Grace

A movie which has some very good sound effects as well as a great video transfer on Blu-ray.
A good contender with popcorn.

43026_large.jpg

Oscar nominated or not, I also didn't like the movie Salt.

Seriously... what's there to not like in the movie? Angelina Jolie even did most of the stunts herself and people still do not like it.

Perhaps the "outrageous" story is deemed impossible? But I've read enough thriller/spy novels which allude to the possibility of such sleeper agents who take on fake/real identities in the West and blend into society but are working as "secret agents".

12 Angry Men (1957) - IMDb

I recently ordered 12 Angry Men Criterion Collection from amazon.com. Got a chance to watch it yesterday, man what a movie. One of Sidney Lumet best movies.

This is classic example on how acting, direction and screenplay can elevate a movie. The whole movie happens in one room and never a second is boring. Amazing acting and gripping screen play. Touches too many subjects , I hear this movie is the inspiration for lot books , movie and tele serials based on american legal system.

If you haven't watched it, please do so...This one is a prized possession in my blu ray collection...

I recently ordered 12 Angry Men Criterion Collection from amazon.com. Got a chance to watch it yesterday, man what a movie. One of Sidney Lumet best movies.

This is classic example on how acting, direction and screenplay can elevate a movie. The whole movie happens in one room and never a second is boring. Amazing acting and gripping screen play. Touches too many subjects , I hear this movie is the inspiration for lot books , movie and tele serials based on american legal system.

If you haven't watched it, please do so...This one is a prized possession in my blu ray collection...

Undoubtedly a classic. Watched two times and every time it was an experience. Each character has played their role as it should be. I personally liked the roles of Henry Fonda and Lee J. Cobb, Juror No. 3. I liked his angry behavior, it much suited him.

I have been wanting this movie from a long time on Blu-ray, but never ordered from amazon.com. You would have paid a hefty shipping charge for it? or used SnS like services?

------------------------
Hi,

Similar movie in Hindi: Ek Ruka Hua Faisla:).

Seriously... what's there to not like in the movie? Angelina Jolie even did most of the stunts herself and people still do not like it.

Perhaps the "outrageous" story is deemed impossible? But I've read enough thriller/spy novels which allude to the possibility of such sleeper agents who take on fake/real identities in the West and blend into society but are working as "secret agents".
I am not saying that movie is rubbish but I can't put an exact pointed finger to what I did not like. But somehow it was not absorbing. Granted that action was good. Yet did not catch my pulse. Appeared to be a rehash of many films put together. In the end everything seemed so predictable.

I felt the same while watching The Marine (typical Arnie/Commando format) or Faster (yawn).

I order blu rays from Amazon.com which is not available in UK. Yeah it is expensive compared to uk...I ordered 12 Angry men with another classic "Vanishing Point (1971)" Great Car chase movie, love the white 1970 Dodge Challenger :-)

12 Angry Men (The Criterion Collection) : $24.38
Vanishing Point : $9.99

Shipping Speed:
AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping

Item(s) Subtotal: $34.37
Shipping & Handling: $12.97
Import Fees Deposit $12.41
Total for This Shipment: $59.75

I order blu rays from Amazon.com which is not available in UK. Yeah it is expensive compared to uk...I ordered 12 Angry men with another classic "Vanishing Point (1971)" Great Car chase movie, love the white 1970 Dodge Challenger :-)

12 Angry Men (The Criterion Collection) : $24.38
Vanishing Point : $9.99

Shipping Speed:
AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping

Item(s) Subtotal: $34.37
Shipping & Handling: $12.97
Import Fees Deposit $12.41
Total for This Shipment: $59.75

Thanks bro, for the information.

Assassin's Bullet aka Sofia [2012]

Assassin's Bullet (2012) - IMDb

A good Action/Drama movie involving a female assassin with multiple personality disorder, set in the capital city of Bulgaria, Sofia. The story is okay, shot in some good scenic locations of Sofia , has got some good Editing and good background score. Nice performance by Elika Portnoy. A B-grade movie, but definitely watchable.

Being Flynn [2012]

Being Flynn (2012) - IMDb

A total time pass Drama movie. Watch this if you are a Robert De Niro fan. His performance is good. The story is okay, not so interesting, De Niro tackles his character very well.

Cheers.

MV5BMTc2ODY0NTk3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDk3MjQ4Ng@@._V1._SY317_CR104,0,214,317_.jpg

Kate and Martin escape from personal tragedy to an Island Retreat. Cut off from the outside world, their attempts to recover are shattered when a Man is washed ashore, with news of airborne killer disease that is sweeping through Europe.

Retreat (2011) - IMDb

V.

Heat (1995) - IMDb - Story is about bank robbers and cops playing you guessed it cops and robbers but made brilliant by the performances of Al Pacino & Robert De Niro. Val Kilmer and Amy Brenneman are good along with Ashley Judd & Natalie Portman (before they became famous) plus regulars like Jon Voight & Tom Sizemore.

Not to be missed... one of the best movies with two of the best actors ever going at each other in a game of cat and mouse.

Winter's Bone (2010) - IMDb - A young 17-year-old girl has to go through the dangerous Ozark Mountain terrain in search of her absconding (from the law) father to save her home and family.

Jennifer Lawrence is brilliant as the 17-year-old protagonist and along with The Hunger Games has two commendable performances and is an actress to watch out for.

I watched A Single Man the other day. Such a beautifully shot film. It was made by Tom Ford so every single shot just oozed sexiness. Love it!

My latest favorite is 'Battleship' in which a fleet of ships is forced to do battle with an armada of unknown origins.

Safe (2012) - IMDb

Safe+(2012).jpg

Typical Jason Statham film. Mei is a chinese girl with extraordinary memory skills and she is the key to a secret safe.

Men in Black 3 (2012) - IMDb

men-in-black-3-poster.jpg

Boris 'The animal' escapes from the lunar security prison and time travels to 1969 to kill Agent K who imprisoned him. Agent J also must travel to 1969 to rescue his assistant from being assassinated.

Seven Pounds (2008) - IMDb

220px-Seven_Pounds_poster.jpg

Ben is an aerospace engineer with a fateful secret. He tries to change the life of seven strangers.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back