The Movies I Liked

Watched : Read My Lips

Read My Lips (2001) - IMDb

Young secretary Carla is a long-time employee of a property development company. Loyal and hardworking, first to arrive and last to leave, Carla is beginning to chafe at the limitations of her career and is looking to move up. But as a 35-five-year-old woman with a hearing deficiency, she is not sure how to climb out of her humdrum life, though she is confident in her own abilities. Into her life comes Paul Angeli, a new trainee she decides to hire. Paul is 25 years old and completely unskilled, but Carla covers for him when the need arises because of his other qualities - he's a thief, fresh out of jail and very good-looking. It's a case of good meeting bad

Jacques Audiard is a well respected French director and "Sur mes lvres" is one of his best known ones. Nice thriller movie.

173917.1020.A.jpg

About Time (2013) - IMDb

At the age of 21, Tim discovers that he can travel back in time and he uses this ability to find a girlfriend. This movie is different from other time travel movies. A good watch.

Primal Fear (1996) - IMDb

A priest is brutally murdered and the accused is a young alter boy. All evidences are against him, can his lawyer win this case? A good courtroom thriller. Excellent performance by Edward Norton as the accused altar boy.

Hitch (2005) - IMDb

Hitch is a love guru who helps his clients to get the girl of their dreams. What will happen when he falls in love?

I Am Sam (2001) - IMDb

A mentally retarded man fights for the custody of his 7 year old daughter.

Before Midnight (2013)

Didn't actually plan on watching this last night, just wanted to watch the first five minutes before sleeping. But I ended up watching the whole movie. 'Before' trilogy is one of those rare trilogies that do not succumb to 'sequel curse'. It helps that the movies are set apart by the same time period as actors too have naturally aged along with the audience.

It is slightly different from the other two, though it basically involves Jesse and Celine walking and talking most of the running time.There was lot of innocence in the first, maturity and hope in the second and lot of bitterness in the third. I liked 'Midnight' a little more than the other two on first viewing, not sure how I'll feel if I watched them all in a row. One day I will....

Before Midnight (2013)

Didn't actually plan on watching this last night, just wanted to watch the first five minutes before sleeping. But I ended up watching the whole movie. 'Before' trilogy is one of those rare trilogies that do not succumb to 'sequel curse'. It helps that the movies are set apart by the same time period as actors too have naturally aged along with the audience.

It is slightly different from the other two, though it basically involves Jesse and Celine walking and talking most of the running time.There was lot of innocence in the first, maturity and hope in the second and lot of bitterness in the third. I liked 'Midnight' a little more than the other two on first viewing, not sure how I'll feel if I watched them all in a row. One day I will....

Beautiful trilogy... I liked all 3 movies though for different reasons. I watched all 3 movies in 2 days... probably need to do a one day session again.

Ethan Hawke is a revelation... Julie Delpy is great/awesome and an accomplished actress, but Ethan's performance as a young man (1st movie), a father (2nd movie) and a family man (3rd movie) is remarkable for all the range of emotions he goes through and the finer nuances he displays. Seriously one Hollywood hero who did not get the recognition he deserves.

Empire State [2013]

Empire State (2013) - IMDb

A below average Crime/Drama movie. Based on true events, direction could have been better. Dwayne Johnson's character/performance was not enjoyable, and so was Michael Angarano. Liam Hemsworth was okay.

Man of Steel [2013]

Man of Steel (2013) - IMDb

Also an average Superhero Action/Drama movie. Story could have been better and shorter. Awful cinematography, but very good sound mixing/background score. Very high on Visual effects and nicely done. Superman fans can watch it once.

Line of Duty [2013]

Line of Duty (2013) - IMDb

A good Crime/Drama movie. Story was good. Good editing and cinematography. Nice performance by the lead roles.

Cheers.

About Time (2013)

Really a nice movie if you like Richard Curtis style :) Billy Nighy is still the stud and I still want to marry Rachel McAdams :)

Just finished watching Captain Phillips... I must urge everyone to watch this movie, its an amazing film based on a true story.

Lots of :clapping::clapping::clapping: to Tom Hanks, exceptional acting.
Barkhad Abdi, got an Oscar Nomination for his acting skills in this movie.

Captain_Phillips_Poster.jpg

Just finished watching Captain Phillips... I must urge everyone to watch this movie, its an amazing film based on a true story.

I got it and will see tomorrow.

I saw it yesterday, it's a very good movie. Tom Hanks is a good actor so nothing to say about him. The Somalians are simply awesome specially Muse and Bilal. Hats off !

Captain Phillips [2013]

Captain Phillips (2013) - IMDb

A very good Adventure/Thriller movie. Story is good and long, based on true events. Very good performance by Tom Hanks as The Captain, and an even better performance by Barkhad Abdi as "Muse". The chemistry between Hanks and Abdi is brought out very well. Very good cinematography. Worth a watch.

The Wolf of Wall Street [2013]

The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) - IMDb

Another very good Drama/Biography movie. Story is good and long, the humor keeps the viewers engaged. Fantastic performance by Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. Very good background score. Good watch.

Escape Plan [2013]

Escape Plan (2013) - IMDb

A good Action/Thriller movie. Story was not bad, second half was more interesting IMO. Stallone and Schwarzenegger were both good, and 50Cent as a good boy!! that was a little too much to digest for me. He's only good in negative roles IMO. Good watch for all Stallone/Arnold fans.

Cheers.

Love Movies on Sports ?? Here are some Must Watch :

Miracle (2004) - IMDb - Miracle tells the true story of Herb Brooks (Russell), the player-turned-coach who led the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team to victory over the seemingly invincible Russian squad.

Ali (2001) - IMDb - A biography of sports legend, Muhammad Ali, from his early days to his days in the ring.

Nadia (TV Movie 1984) - IMDb - Story about gymnast Nadia Comaneci from her childhood beginning as a gymnast and how she was discovered by Belya Karolyi. Nadia received 7 perfect 10's in the Montreal Olympics.

Peaceful Warrior (2006) - IMDb - A chance encounter with a stranger changes the life of a college gymnast.

Le Mans (1971) - IMDb - Almost in breadth and depth of a documentary, this movie depicts an auto race during the 70s on the world's hardest endurance course: Le Mans in France. The race goes over 24 hours on 14.5 kilometers of cordoned country road. Every few hours the two drivers per car alternate - but it's still a challenge for concentration and material. In the focus is the duel between the German Stahler in Ferrari 512LM and the American Delaney in Gulf Team Porsche 917. Delaney is under extraordinary pressure, because the year before he caused a severe accident, in which his friend Lisa's husband was killed.

United (2011) - IMDb - United is based on the true story of Manchester United's legendary "Busby Babes", the youngest side ever to win the Football League and the 1958 Munich Air Crash that claimed eight of the their number. The film draws on first-hand interviews with the survivors and their families to tell the inspirational story of a team and community overcoming terrible tragedy.

The Damned United (2009) - IMDb - A look at Brian Clough's 44-day reign as the coach of Leeds United.

Bodyline (TV Mini-Series 1984) - IMDb - Dramatization of the 1932/33 Test cricket series between England and Australia. Played in Australia, the series gained notoriety in Australian and worldwide cricketing history for the fact that the English team (headed by captain Douglas Jardine) applied a bowling technique called "leg theory", or more commonly, Bodyline. This technique involved bowlers bowling the ball directly at the batsman's body, and resulted in many of the Australian team receiving numerous bruises and injuries, with batsman Bert Oldfield sustaining a cracked skull. The series generated much anger and resentment towards the English team within Australia and seriously damaged Anglo-Australian cricketing relations at the time.

Without Limits (1998) - IMDb - The film follows the life of famous 1970s runner Steve Prefontaine from his youth days in Oregon to the University of Oregon where he worked with the legendary coach Bill Bowerman, later to Olympics in Munich and his early death at 24 in a car crash.

The Game of Their Lives (2005) - IMDb - Based on a true story, this film tells the tale of the 1950 US soccer team who, against all odds, beat England 1 - 0 in the city of Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Although no US team has ever won a World Cup title, this story is about the family traditions and passions which shaped the lives of the players who made up this team of underdogs.

A Shot at Glory (2000) - IMDb - Gordon McLeod is the manager of a second tier Scottish football team. Faced with pressure from his American owner, he is forced to bring on a marquee player to improve the fortunes of the team and prevents its being moved from the fiercely loyal town it's been for a century. Along the way, McLeod must battle his own demons, including long-standing tiffs with both his daughter and a former colleague who betrayed him.

Maurice Richard (2005) - IMDb - A story about Quebec's most famous hockey player, Maurice "The Rocket" Richard, focusing on the struggles of a French Canadian in the National Hockey League dominated by Anglophones.

Saint Ralph (2004) - IMDb - Saint Ralph is the unlikely story of Ralph Walker, a ninth grader who outran everyone's expectations except his own in his bold quest of trying to win the 1954 Boston Marathon

Swimming Upstream (2003) - IMDb - The inspirational life story of Australian swimmer Tony Fingleton.

Hoosiers (1986) - IMDb - A coach with a checkered past and a local drunk train a small town high school basketball team to become a top contender for the championship.

The Jericho Mile (TV Movie 1979) - IMDb - Rain Murphy is a man sentenced to life in prison, choosing to do his time in near-isolation, and engages in distance running when given the opportunity for free-time. While his form and speed capture the attention of prison officials who believe he could be competitive for the Olympics, Murphy expresses disinterest. But when the one man he has befriended is taken advantage of by political groups within the prison, Murphy decides to pursue the opportunity presented to him in his memory. This action not only has profound changes on him, but also on the atmosphere of the inmates in the prison and their outlook on the accomplishments he can make.

Tyson (TV Movie 1995) - IMDb - The story of Mike Tyson. From his early days as a 12 year old amateur with a powerful punch, to the undisputed title of "Heavyweight Champion of the World", and ultimately to his conviction for rape. The story of his turbulent life moves quickly, never focusing for long on anything in particular.

Rush (2013) - IMDb - The merciless 1970s rivalry between Formula One rivals James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

Grudge Match [2013]

Grudge Match (2013) - IMDb

A good Drama/Sport movie. Story is okay and could have been better, is about boxing, which happens only for a few minutes at the end of the story. Nice performance by Robert De Niro, Sylvester Stallone was also fine. The movie has got some witty dialogues which is worth a listen.

Cheers.

Another masterpiece from my all time favourite TOM HANKS. Watched this yesterday. WOW.

I must talk about another movie here as well.

Argo (2012) - IMDb

This is also based on a true story. :)

Argo (2012) - IMDb[/url]

This is also based on a true story. :)

There are some good Ben Affleck movies. I really liked what he did in good will hunting, pearl harbour, daredevil, smoking aces, the company men, paycheck etc. My friend wasn't willing to watch 'the town' as he wasn't sure about Ben's direction.

He didn't want to waste his time, but I assured him and he watched it. My friend liked it a lot. The ost of the town is good too. We also watched Argo and it was a cool movie.

watched The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) - IMDb

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire are probably the best blockbuster movies Ive seen in the last few years. Ill be honest, I dont think these movies are incredible or have any deep message, they are actually a bit predictable, but they provide ~2 hours of a truly enjoyable and thrilling experience.

thehungergams-catchingfire-ukposter.jpg

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back