The Movies I Liked

Ek Ruka Hua Faisla (1986)...

Happened to watch this movie today... I really enjoyed it, as was with 12 Angry Men. Basu Chatterjee, has done a wonderful work by portraying such great actors who have made this remake of 12 Angry Men by Sidney Lumet.
Each and everyone, in this film, have performed marvellously as compared to their counterparts in the original film.

A must see (in my opinion)...

6lbMOWMsFCcxMjzK3jLxdRg1Egq.jpg

+1 @ reignofchaos,

American Hustle [2013]

American Hustle (2013) - IMDb

A very good Crime/Drama. Story is nice, good job by David O. Russell. Very good performance by Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper, and so was Jennifer Lawrence's and her character. Some good dialogues and a good background score makes the movie thoroughly enjoyable. Worth a watch.

Cheers.

August: Osage County [2013]

August: Osage County (2013) - IMDb

A very good Melodrama movie. About a dysfunctional family, story is okay,long and a serious type. Awesome performance by Meryl Streep, supported by equally good Julia Roberts. Forget about the story and watch this movie only for their performance.

Cheers.

Her [2013]

Her (2013) - IMDb

A very good Romantic/Drama movie. Story is very odd, but Spike Jonze has done a good job in directing it, except one plot (I allow the viewers to judge on that). Wonderful performance by Joaquin Phoenix, and great voice work by Scarlett Johansson. Good cinematography and background score. Worth a watch.

Cheers.

There are some good Ben Affleck movies. I really liked what he did in good will hunting, pearl harbour, daredevil, smoking aces, the company men, paycheck etc. My friend wasn't willing to watch 'the town' as he wasn't sure about Ben's direction.

He didn't want to waste his time, but I assured him and he watched it. My friend liked it a lot. The ost of the town is good too. We also watched Argo and it was a cool movie.

Ben Affleck is one hell of a director, as against how bad an actor he has been termed to be. I have seen all his 3 directed movies, Argo, The Town and Gone baby Gone and Gone baby Gone being my fav.

The Broken Circle Breakdown

The Broken Circle Breakdown (2012) - IMDb

Elise and Didier fall in love at first sight, in spite of their differences. He talks, she listens. He's a romantic atheist, she's a religious realist. When their daughter becomes seriously ill, their love is put on trial.

broken-circle_moiveposter_1380135040.jpg

This Dutch movie is about a relationship between a fanatic country player guy and a tattoo maker girl. The initial fire attraction, the integration as a family when a baby arrives and the difficulties between them during cancer treatment with the baby. This is not a spoiler since from the beginning of the movie is showing us the treatment. The story of the movie that is sad, but it is very well softened with several flashbacks that take us from the beginning of the story to the end, and with great musical acts. The performances of Veerle Baetens and Johan Heldenbergh are excellent.

Last edited:
About Time [2013]

About Time (2013) - IMDb

A good Romantic/Comedy movie. Story is good, involves a lot of time traveling. Nice performance by Rachel McAdams and Domhnall Gleeson. Good direction . Worth a watch.

Rush [2013]

Rush (2013) - IMDb

A wonderful Sport Action/Drama movie. Story is good, about Formula 1 racing in the 1970s involving Niki Lauda and James Hunt. Very good performance by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Brhl as Hunt and Lauda respectively. Very good cinematography and good background score by Hans Zimmer . Some good dialogues in the movie. My fav one by Christian McKay(as Lord Hesketh) "Men love women, but even more than that, men love cars." Worth a watch for all F1 fans.

Cheers.

Bullet to the head ..... well first of all let me tell you, I am fan of these veteran actors like Sly and Arnie, and so their movies anyhow makes me nostalgic, as I have been seeing them from my childhood. Bullet to the head is another action packed sly venture, and even though it does not offer anything more other than pure old school action, it is good. The chemistry between sly and Sung Kang (Han from Fast n Furious) is nice, their conversation is actually fun to watch. Lastly our good old Sylvester Stallone, man his screen presence, ruthlessness, never just fades away. As I said I am a fan. Enjoyed the 90 minutes fun to watch...........6.8/10

Last edited:
Blue Jasmine [2013]

Blue Jasmine (2013) - IMDb

A very good Comedy/Drama movie. Good story by Woody Allen, fascinating performance by Cate Blanchett . Sally Hawkins and Bobby Cannavale were also good in supporting performance. Editing is okay, could be done better. Worth a watch for Cate Blanchett and Woody Alan fans.

Cheers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back