The Movies I Liked

Re: The Movie I Liked

Pawn-
A good one time watch. Story is simple of a diner robbery gone wrong.
Rating - 3/5

The Hunger Games: catching fire-
I was expecting more from this one. The pace is a bit slow and drama is more than action. Nonetheless was entertaining except for Z climax which was very abrupt.
Rating - 4/5

Watched A Hijacking

Kapringen (2012) - IMDb

The cargo ship MV Rozen is heading for harbor when it is hijacked by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean. Amongst the men on board are the ship's cook Mikkel and the engineer Jan, who along with the rest of the seamen are taken hostage in a cynical game of life and death. With the demand for a ransom of millions of dollars a psychological drama unfolds between the CEO of the shipping company and the Somali pirates.

3024358957_DJ3dOW4F_A.Hijacking.2012.LIMITED.720p.BluRay.X264-TRiPS.jpg

Last Love [2013]

Last Love (2013) - IMDb

A good Drama movie. Story is very very slow and okay, not that great, but some outstanding performance by Michael Caine and a supporting performance by Clmence Posy. Very good cinematography at some cool locations in Paris. Good watch.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty [2013]

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) - IMDb

A good Comedy/Drama movie. Story is okay, but Ben Stiller's performance and his characters sensibilities makes the movie very enjoyable. Good cinematography.

12 Years a Slave [2013]

12 Years a Slave (2013) - IMDb

A very good emotional Drama/History movie. Story is very good and based on true events. And the story is really emotional and touching. Fantastic performance by Chiwetel Ejiofor as the slave. Michael Fassbender was good in his supporting role. Guest appearance'ish performance by Paul Giamatti and Brad Pitt adds to the movie. Fantastic cinematography and some very good background score. Worth a watch for all.

Cheers.

GRAVITY ............. Visually Stunning, Breathtaking pace, great performances, super absorbing background score and you got yourself GRAVITY. What a movie. Plot was plain, straight and simple. An accident that triggers a chain reaction of catastrophic events that the astronauts have to fight to save them selves .....Again, technically I am not going to challenge this, as suspension of belief is always there, but SPACE.... man I have never seen a move that depicts that strange, monotonous, lonely, eerie feeling of space, backed up with some solid background score. 10 min in to the movie and, after that you will not let your clenching fists go ... its that gripping. The camera work is phenomenal in giving the 3D, feeling, of how it might appear to you when you are spinning in space. Seriously camera work was just something on a new level. Performances were not bad either. Over all great movie ......solid 7.5/10

Ben Affleck is one hell of a director, as against how bad an actor he has been termed to be. I have seen all his 3 directed movies, Argo, The Town and Gone baby Gone and Gone baby Gone being my fav.

Hello Sam, I just wanted to thank you recommending "Gone Baby Gone"... Just finished watching this movie few minutes back and I know what I saw... A Masterpiece...
I was alone, not able to catch sleep, not able to think about anything... and then started watching "Gone Baby Gone" and what a movie... I was really waiting for such movie which tests a man's emotion at its best without ridiculing his thoughts... And this movie is the one... which happens with me when I watch movies like Shawshank, Swades, Anand etc...

Gone Baby Gone is the movie, I'll remember and will be in my heart forever!! :)

Last edited:
Hello Sam, I just wanted to thank you recommending "Gone Baby Gone"... Just finished watching this movie few minutes back and I know what I saw... A Masterpiece...
I was alone, not able to catch sleep, not able to think about anything... and then started watching "Gone Baby Gone" and what a movie... I was really waiting for such movie which tests a man's emotion at its best without ridiculing his thoughts... And this movie is the one... which happens with me when I watch movies like Shawshank, Swades, Anand etc...

Gone Baby Gone is the movie, I'll remember and will be in my heart forever!! :)

Argo and The Town are excellent too... I really liked The Town.

The Book Thief [2013]

The Book Thief (2013) - IMDb

A very good Drama/War movie. Story is good, set during WWII. Very good performance by Sophie Nlisse and Geoffrey Rush. Good story narration by Roger Allam. Very nice cinematography and background score. Good watch.

Cheers.

$50K and a Call Girl: A Love Story [2014]

$50K and a Call Girl: A Love Story (2014) - IMDb

A good Comedy/Drama movie. Story is good, about relationship between 2 brothers which is shown very well in the movie. Nice cinematography.

Ambush at Dark Canyon [2012]

Ambush at Dark Canyon (2012) - IMDb

A good Cowboy style Crime/Drama movie. Story is fairly good, climax is the best part. Good background score.

Afternoon Delight [2013]

Afternoon Delight (2013) - IMDb

A fairly good Drama movie. Story is okay, but very good performance by Kathryn Hahn in the lead role. Juno Temple also good in the supporting role.

Thanks for Sharing [2012]

Thanks for Sharing (2012) - IMDb

A good Drama movie. Story is okay, leaves the viewers convinced and entertained to some extant. Good performance by Mark Ruffalo and Gwyneth Paltrow. Good music.

All is Lost [2013]

All Is Lost (2013) - IMDb

A fantastic Drama/Adventure movie. Story is very simple and very apt to it's title, a solo voyager gets stuck in the Indian Ocean. With hardly 2 sentence of dialogue in the entire movie, Robert Redford puts up an awesome performance. Good cinematography and background score. Worth a watch for all.

Cheers.

Watched

Lone Survivor (2013)

Awesome movie..based on true story

Plot:Marcus Luttrell and his team set out on a mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shah, in late June 2005. Marcus and his team are left to fight for their lives in one of the most valiant efforts of modern warfare.

Homefront [2013]

Homefront (2013) - IMDb

A good Action/Drama movie. Story is okay, Jason Statham was good. Screenplay by Sylvester Stallone was just okay, not so impressive. Nice performance by Izabela Vidovic. Good watch for all Statham fans.

Cheers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back