The Movies I Liked

I'll check out where he got this from.

Update:
OK just got it, it was a torrent download only. Image was obviously googled. Ranjith is right, he is still waiting with his pre-order for the disk. Dint bother to dig the details as it was a nice evening GT and we were all excited to watch the movie. I need to explore the downloading route myself. Looking at the quality, god knows how long one has to wait to get it downloaded! Cant do it at work and don't have the patience at home. Tough situation!

Last edited:
I'll check out where he got this from.

Update:
OK just got it, it was a torrent download only. Image was obviously googled. Ranjith is right, he is still waiting with his pre-order for the disk. Dint bother to dig the details as it was a nice evening GT and we were all excited to watch the movie. I need to explore the downloading route myself. Looking at the quality, god knows how long one has to wait to get it downloaded! Cant do it at work and don't have the patience at home. Tough situation!

The BLURAY release date is somewhere in October I suppose.....for HD movies you need to have good speed or else it will take ages (Atleast now I have some decent speed)

KNOWING---reg 1 dvd /scfi-thriller/SQ & PQ is fabulous-----this one is an awesome movie, with fantastic special effects , the movie is an absolute edge of the seat thriller and let me tell you the sound of this dvd is reference material /will knock you out , though the entire movie is very good some scenes to really watch out
The plane crash}
The Crash @the subway}
The car crashing on to a truck}
The appocalypse} -------------------------------- these scenes really shook my entire house
AND the background score is jst too good
i recommend everyone with a good HT set up to buy the original reg 1 dvd / blu ray of this movie as it can be used as reference material for both sound & picture

Last edited:
I saw two movies over the weekend.

41UzZq4xfnL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This is a often repeated theme - that of a father searching for his daughter. Kamala Hassan did a superb role in the 1993 movie Mahanadi. So did Denzel Washington as Creasy in the 2004 movie Man On Fire. I was particularly biased towards Man On Fire as the story was written by AJ Quinnel, one of my favourite novelist. Quinnel is a super writer and has written a series of books on Creasy.

In Mahanadi, Kamala Hassan acts as Krishna, a very ordinary man who searches desperately for his daughter in the dirty lanes of Kolkatta's Songachi. When he finds his daughter and tries to take her away, he is beaten by the pimps and Kamal superbly portrays a man who cannot fight back, but is desperate. The way he hugs his daughter and bears all the clubbing with tears in his eyers is something else to watch. A heart rending movie that will make you cry.

Man On Fire and Taken portray characters of a different type. Both Creasy in Man On fire and Bryan Mills in Taken (played by Liam Neeson) are trained, capable and, seasoned men who can search for the culprits and who can fight. Creasy is hired as a bodyguard and fails in his job. He goes after the kidnappers with controlled anger, vengeance and violence, saving the girl but losing himself in the end.

Bryan is an ex CIA man who knows the street of Paris very well as he has worked there for years. So when his daughter is being kidnapped, he tells the kidnapper to return his daughter or that he will trace him and kill him. With just 96 hours available before his daughter will disappear for ever, he uses all his skills to trace the kidnappers and bring his daughter back to safety.

Different roles played differently by three superb actors. All worth watching.

51kDnnIBW5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

What do I say about this movie? Complete trash compared to the first one. No story and no theme whatsoever. But what stumped me completely was the superb graphics in the movie. This is a movie that can be used to demonstrate a good DVD/AVR and TV combination.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have seen both Man On Fire (Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning) and Taken(Liam Neeson) and while the first one was more absorbing (emotional content and acting quotient was high) the latter one was more action oriented and both were a treat to watch.Denzel as an alcoholic veteran and Neeson as retired special forces man who tracks and kills the people who wronged them have played their roles perfectly

Two movies this weekend:
1. Wife wanted to see some horror kind of: So ordered "The Exorcist" and she was like "This is common in a lot of hindi films!!!".

2. Indiana Jones and the kingdom of crystal skull: Good movie with decent soundtrack especially towards the end you can experience very good surround.

Hi venkat,

Thanks for bringing Mahanadhi in to ur review.It was an awesome movie. I remember after the end of the movie,me and my friends shouting at the screen 'we are proud of you Kamal!' ..... couldnt sleep that night.

cheers,
sri

I saw two movies over the weekend.

41UzZq4xfnL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This is a often repeated theme - that of a father searching for his daughter. Kamala Hassan did a superb role in the 1993 movie Mahanadi. So did Denzel Washington as Creasy in the 2004 movie Man On Fire. I was particularly biased towards Man On Fire as the story was written by AJ Quinnel, one of my favourite novelist. Quinnel is a super writer and has written a series of books on Creasy.

In Mahanadi, Kamala Hassan acts as Krishna, a very ordinary man who searches desperately for his daughter in the dirty lanes of Kolkatta's Songachi. When he finds his daughter and tries to take her away, he is beaten by the pimps and Kamal superbly portrays a man who cannot fight back, but is desperate. The way he hugs his daughter and bears all the clubbing with tears in his eyers is something else to watch. A heart rending movie that will make you cry.

Man On Fire and Taken portray characters of a different type. Both Creasy in Man On fire and Bryan Mills in Taken (played by Liam Neeson) are trained, capable and, seasoned men who can search for the culprits and who can fight. Creasy is hired as a bodyguard and fails in his job. He goes after the kidnappers with controlled anger, vengeance and violence, saving the girl but losing himself in the end.

Bryan is an ex CIA man who knows the street of Paris very well as he has worked there for years. So when his daughter is being kidnapped, he tells the kidnapper to return his daughter or that he will trace him and kill him. With just 96 hours available before his daughter will disappear for ever, he uses all his skills to trace the kidnappers and bring his daughter back to safety.

Different roles played differently by three superb actors. All worth watching.

51kDnnIBW5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

What do I say about this movie? Complete trash compared to the first one. No story and no theme whatsoever. But what stumped me completely was the superb graphics in the movie. This is a movie that can be used to demonstrate a good DVD/AVR and TV combination.

Cheers

watched this one (night at the museum2 ) in theatre ,, definetly this one is totally rotten stuff ,, kindly avoid!!!

MUTANT CHRONICLES relies highly on graphics and action, it is the resident evil kind of movie ,but this one is far better with better graphics and better action too , recommended for lovers of this genre of movies--------the first 15 mins of war sequence may leave a crack in your walls, i thoroughly enjoyed the action and sfx/graphics of this movie

Last edited:
this one is for all the guys in hyderabad !!! cud anyone give me a feedback on the highly awaited MAGHADEERA, as i have enjoyed all previous rajmouli movies, was not able to get the tickets while i was in hyd last week,, finally have been able to book for friday

An Andhraite friend of mine urged me to watch Happy Days. Even though i couldn't completely follow the language, i did like the movie! Bought back memories of my good old engg. days.

this one is for all the guys in hyderabad !!! cud anyone give me a feedback on the highly awaited MAGHADEERA, as i have enjoyed all previous rajmouli movies, was not able to get the tickets while i was in hyd last week,, finally have been able to book for friday

All the reviews I read till now on net suggests that its a good entertainer like all the previous Rajamouli flicks....read even some personal opinions from some forum members and even they say its worth your money provided u cud watch it in a class theater with good acoustics.....

An Andhraite friend of mine urged me to watch Happy Days. Even though i couldn't completely follow the language, i did like the movie! Bought back memories of my good old engg. days.

Eventhough I am a mallu I watch all the new good telugu releases and shud say that they are giving youngsters their due.....many movies with youth oriented themes and youth stars have made it big in andhra like HAPPY DAYS,KOTHA BANGARU LOKAM,KONJAM ISHTAM KONCHAM KASHTAM etc....simple movies with good themes (mostly college frnd ships and love)....

Eventhough I am a mallu I watch all the new good telugu releases and shud say that they are giving youngsters their due.....many movies with youth oriented themes and youth stars have made it big in andhra like HAPPY DAYS,KOTHA BANGARU LOKAM,KONJAM ISHTAM KONCHAM KASHTAM etc....simple movies with good themes (mostly college frnd ships and love)....

I watched these 2 movies HAPPY DAYS and KOTHA BANGARU LOKAM.

Cinematography is very good and music is by the same person. excellent songs and Happy days is too good bringing back college memories.
Good thing is i got original dvd for 115 rs[ since i got it from distributor in SP road, got 10 rs discount ;) ].

i like van damme movies especially kickboxer

and then house of flying daggers,war of the worlds,cars,finding nemo

but i love transformer its superb

I watched these 2 movies HAPPY DAYS and KOTHA BANGARU LOKAM.

Cinematography is very good and music is by the same person. excellent songs and Happy days is too good bringing back college memories.
Good thing is i got original dvd for 115 rs[ since i got it from distributor in SP road, got 10 rs discount ;) ].

i too have the original dvds of these movies , i shud say for the price its great value!! i pickd up the original of billa too ,but the quality is really disappointing, do chk out the original of Pokiri, & vikramarkudu& chatrrapathi they are really good quality,,,,, any idea of the release of Arundhathi on DVD???? waiting to get this one and play it in my set up!!!

Well if you liked all previous Rajamouli movies then you will definitely like this one too. It's only bigger and better. The action is good. SFX of 1609 A.D. are great as well as the battle sequences, highlight of a song of a remixed Chiranjeevi song, music is okay and performances good all around. Definitely a fun time at the movies.

More details at Magadheera Movie Review! Tollywoods Most Expensive Movie Hits The Screens | Rajiv's Blog!.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back