The Movies I Liked

As I said earlier in my post if you are going with family then its a bad or nightmarish experience...all the more so when its a release movie...the crowd will test your patience...parking and travelling is another head ache...you have to take care of the safety of ur family (Antisocial elements will try to take advantage of the crowd) etc but when u are a bachelor and going out with friends then I think these things are timepass and enjoyable....

Read about your plans in your HT Room thread... Enjoy your bachelorhood while you can... :ohyeah:

Are you not married bro? No way will you be going alone or with friends on the first day of a show dude. Maybe once but no way will any wife let her husband out so frequently leaving her at home. By frequently I mean 1-2 times a week since I do watch at least 2-3 movies every week, but these days it's all at home because of the headaches involved.

Fortunately or unfortunately I am still a bachelor...planning to get wed early next year....the normal movies (ie Non-superstar) I watch in my home only and I watch almost a movie a day....last few days I saw the following movies in HD quality

1) The last house on the left - Which is a thriller/Violent movie based on a movie by Wes Craven (The STEPHEN KING of Celluloid!!) with the same title...the story is about a group of crazy manicas killing a gal and raping her friend and then accidently seeking refuge in the raped gal's house (They thought she was dead but she wasnt) and what happens after...it has some bloody scenes and nudity.....not a great movie but wasnt a bore either....

2) Vidocq - A french thriller with english subtitles starring Gerrard depardieu...its about a mysterious assasin called THE ALCHEMIST who attacks people in 17/18th century Paris....and a detective's efforts to bring him before the law....the picturisation was brilliant....it has got a dark look...like nightmarish....Movie is good altogether....

3) Dragonball Evolution - I havent seen any movies relating to Dragonballs before (I think its based on some japanese anime/Manga comics).....The movie is about an evil lord (piccolo!!)who was banished about 2000 years ago for trying to gain the control of the world thru evil means....today he is on the loose and he can regain his powers if he cud get the 7 dragon balls which are scattered over the country (Japan) before the imminent solar eclipse...now the hero is a teenager named Goku who was taught Martial arts and body and mind control techniques by his grand father...Piccolo kills Goku's grandfather and Goku wants to take revenge...before his death Grandpa told Goku about Piccolo and asked him to stop Piccolo with the help of another Grandmaster (Chowyun fat)....now its I like Chowyun fat but otherwise the movie isnt worth ur time.......

then many Tamil,telugu movies....Mithrudu,Vamanan,Koncham Kashtam Koncham Ishtam,Diary etc....

For me to have my own mini theatre is very advantageous in so many aspects compared to a cinema hall.

Thanks.

Vinay.

For me to have my own mini theatre is very advantageous in so many aspects compared to a cinema hall.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Its like having a pooja room in the home and going to temples...ordinary days you pray from your home but on special occassions or festivals you go to temple...watching cinema at your home and theater is just like that...

51BHMMY1RSL._SS500_.jpg

As I said earlier in my post if you are going with family then its a bad or nightmarish experience...all the more so when its a release movie...the crowd will test your patience...parking and travelling is another head ache...you have to take care of the safety of ur family (Antisocial elements will try to take advantage of the crowd) etc but when u are a bachelor and going out with friends then I think these things are timepass and enjoyable....

I am surprised by this and that such experiences still exists. In Chennai, we have the Sathyam and the Inox complexes. Both are very decent, have more than ample parking place, and absolutely no hassles. Yes, you have to plan for time to reach the theatre, but once you do that, it is like a 5 star operation inside. Sathyam has added the India's largest gaming place called Blur and this place is full of kids and fun to hang around and just watch the crowd. They have some serious computers there with 20 inch screens, 16GB RAM, and the fastest CPUs made by Intel or AMD. I recently saw Love Aaj Kal, and I was surrounded by people who were enjoying themselves.

Cheers

Hi unleash,

If people can give a brief synopsis about the movie instead of posting the mere cover i think it will be pretty useful for others.

my 2 cents.

cheers,
sri

Hi unleash,

If people can give a brief synopsis about the movie instead of posting the mere cover i think it will be pretty useful for others.

my 2 cents.

cheers,
sri

Sorry, cant afford to do that thanx to the lack of patience and time - if one is really interested, am sure there are ways to find more than just a synopsis. And yes, at more than one occasion, i have bought CD/DVDs just by its cover layout!

Equilibrium

In a futuristic world, a strict regime has eliminated war by suppressing emotions: books, art and music are strictly forbidden and feeling is a crime punishable by death. Cleric John Preston (Bale) is a top ranking government agent responsible for destroying those who resist the rules. Whe he misses a dose of Prozium, a mind-altering drug that hinders emotion, Preston, who has been trained to enforce the strict laws of the new regime, suddenly becomes the only person capable of overthrowing it

Equilibrium (2002)

Vinay.

How is the movie sirji?

The movie is different. Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone are young and very aggressive about what they are doing. They live in the US. They meet casually, start to like each other, and literally live together. They continue thinking that their relationship is only friendship. Deepika, one day, has to go off to India, and Saif hosts a 'Goodbye' Party. His friends are all confused. What do I give as present? Do I congratulate you, or cry on your shoulders.

When all this is going on, Rishi Kapoor tells Saif about what he did when he was young and how he dealt with his own romance. Saif does not believe in romance or love and keeps pooh poohing Rishi.

The movie takes a bold and new look at the relationship between a man and a woman. The movie seems to be doing well in the box office.

Cheers

I am surprised by this and that such experiences still exists. In Chennai, we have the Sathyam and the Inox complexes. Both are very decent, have more than ample parking place, and absolutely no hassles. Yes, you have to plan for time to reach the theatre, but once you do that, it is like a 5 star operation inside. Sathyam has added the India's largest gaming place called Blur and this place is full of kids and fun to hang around and just watch the crowd. They have some serious computers there with 20 inch screens, 16GB RAM, and the fastest CPUs made by Intel or AMD. I recently saw Love Aaj Kal, and I was surrounded by people who were enjoying themselves.

Cheers

SATHYAM is different from Devi or Abhirami theaters or any other theaters in the city for that matter...the security is vigilant and tight...U wont find many black ticket sales there...the only sale thats happening is people giving their tickets for the same price if some of their frnds or family dont turn up....the ticket prices are also high compared to other multiplexes but IMHO they are giving the money's worth....the crowd who goes to Sathyam are college going/software professional youths or upper middle class and thats the reason why we dont see much menace around this multiplex......

Hope you agree with me Venkat.....

Btw where is INOX ? Have not been to chennai for more than couple of years...have been there once last year but just for a day....

Last edited:

Hope you agree with me Venkat.....

Btw where is INOX ? Have not been to chennai for more than couple of years...have been there once last year but just for a day....

Well, I used to go to Ega complex which is also being renovated. Long time ago, I used to go to a cinema hall called Eros in Adyar. That has been shut down and replaced by a auto showroom. I also used to visit Woodlands near the Clock Tower. I have not faced issues in any of these theatres. I usually avoid the run down cinema halls. In Bangalore, when I used to travel, I used to frequent a hall at the end of Brigade Road. This was completely run down and used to show some shady movies. Of course, when I go to places like that I used to go alone or with male friends. Even in Trichy, I have seen night shows of Tamil movies near the bus stand with my wife and child. Again I have not faced any issues.

I Delhi, I have been to every cinema hall you can think of. Of course, those days I was young and part of the crowd that used to tease girls. Most of the time we used to go as a group and we were very protective about the girls who used to go with us. Seen many first day first show of movies such as Anand, Sholay, Jewel Thief, Aradhana, Kati Patang, Khartoum, Battle Of the Bulge. Our favourite halls were Chanakya, Golcha, and a hall in Kamla Nagar whose name I have forgotten.

Yes, Sathyam and Inox are expensive (about 120 a seat), but they are worth the price. I believe PVR in Hyd is some 400 or 500. Inox is in a shopping complex called City Centre on Dr. RadhaKrishnan Salai. I believe there are 2 or 3 more such cinema complexed coming up in Chennai. Visiting cinema hall for movies such as Star Trek, Harry Potter, in my opinion, is a must. I missed the new Terminator, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the original DVD.

Cheers

Last edited:
I believe PVR in Hyd is some 400 or 500.

No sir, only Rs. 100 per ticket. PVR or Inox in Bangalore is Rs. 500, but I did not have the time to check it out last time I was in Bangalore.

IMAX in Hyderabad is Rs. 300 or so per ticket and INOX in Banjara Hills too is good.

Well, I used to go to Ega complex which is also being renovated. Long time ago, I used to go to a cinema hall called Eros in Adyar. That has been shut down and replaced by a auto showroom. I also used to visit Woodlands near the Clock Tower. I have not faced issues in any of these theatres. I usually avoid the run down cinema halls. In Bangalore, when I used to travel, I used to frequent a hall at the end of Brigade Road. This was completely run down and used to show some shady movies. Of course, when I go to places like that I used to go alone or with male friends. Even in Trichy, I have seen night shows of Tamil movies near the bus stand with my wife and child. Again I have not faced any issues.

Yes, Sathyam and Inox are expensive (about 120 a seat), but they are worth the price. I believe PVR in Hyd is some 400 or 500. Inox is in a shopping complex called City Centre on Dr. RadhaKrishnan Salai. I believe there are 2 or 3 more such cinema complexed coming up in Chennai. Visiting cinema hall for movies such as Star Trek, Harry Potter, in my opinion, is a must. I missed the new Terminator, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the original DVD.

Cheers

I was mentioning about the theaters which attract local (Local in the sense...boistrous crowd) crowd like Abhirami complex,Rohini complex (Koyambedu),Udhayam complex etc.The issues happens only during fetive season or major releases when police cant control the crowd....I watched Padayappa on release day in Albert and believe me there was nothing police cud do to control the crowd...the atmosphere was electrifying (It was the first tym I realised what electrifying crowd means).Ega again caters to the North Indian crowd (isnt it ?) as mostly Hindi movies are played there...no idea about woodlands..have been there only once to watch a godforsaken movie (VAIRAVAN!!)...

I watched VOLCANO in Sathyam complex during my school days (studied in MCC-Chetpet)...the hall was shaking each tym an explosion happens....then I like to watch the trailers of english movies in Sathyam (I remeber watching the trailer of CONTACT and sound quality was too good) theater.

I watched DARK KNIGHT in IMAX (Ibn Battuta Mall - Dubai)...I didnt like the experience that much...I dunno the reason...may be becoz I didnt like the movie...for me the movie was too slow and dark/gloomy ...the PQ/Screen was awesome but the speakers wasnt upto the mark...may be its just my view...

Last edited:
The movie is different. Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone are young and very aggressive about what they are doing. They live in the US. They meet casually, start to like each other, and literally live together. They continue thinking that their relationship is only friendship. Deepika, one day, has to go off to India, and Saif hosts a 'Goodbye' Party. His friends are all confused. What do I give as present? Do I congratulate you, or cry on your shoulders.

When all this is going on, Rishi Kapoor tells Saif about what he did when he was young and how he dealt with his own romance. Saif does not believe in romance or love and keeps pooh poohing Rishi.

The movie takes a bold and new look at the relationship between a man and a woman. The movie seems to be doing well in the box office.

Cheers

I went to "Love Aaj Kal" with my wife during this weekend. All have performed well and I liked the story line. The movies seems to be doing well as I hear from my friends. I watched this at INOX Theatre in Bangalore to get some ideas for my Home Theatre Build (I hope my wife is not reading this..lol).

Thanks.

Vinay.

absolutely !!! theres nothing like watching a movie on your own set up,provided you have the very best and a dedicated room , i too dont enjoy going to the theatres for various reasons already mentioned , but then when some blockbusters release (am talking abt regional lang movies tamil/telugu) i wud like to watch them sooner,, as the original dvds of hit movies releases too late and also am not too sure about the quality ,i give top priority to the quality of the dvd ------ok now i await the release of KANDASWAMY !!! and wud like to catch it in theatres

absolutely !!! theres nothing like watching a movie on your own set up,provided you have the very best and a dedicated room , i too dont enjoy going to the theatres for various reasons already mentioned , but then when some blockbusters release (am talking abt regional lang movies tamil/telugu) i wud like to watch them sooner,, as the original dvds of hit movies releases too late and also am not too sure about the quality ,i give top priority to the quality of the dvd ------ok now i await the release of KANDASWAMY !!! and wud like to catch it in theatres

How long have we been waiting for Kandhasamy!!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back