The Movies I Liked

absolutely !!! theres nothing like watching a movie on your own set up,provided you have the very best and a dedicated room , i too dont enjoy going to the theatres for various reasons already mentioned , but then when some blockbusters release (am talking abt regional lang movies tamil/telugu) i wud like to watch them sooner,, as the original dvds of hit movies releases too late and also am not too sure about the quality ,i give top priority to the quality of the dvd ------ok now i await the release of KANDASWAMY !!! and wud like to catch it in theatres

Atleast for Tamil/Telugu or Hindi movies the dvd gets released max with in three months (1 mth in most cases) but for malayalam it takes 6 months to 1 year (was worse before when it took a minimum of 1 year)

Watched hangover @ sathyam with some pals and it was fun. waiting for Aayirathil oruvan any idea when its coming?

Well, I used to go to Ega complex which is also being renovated. Long time ago, I used to go to a cinema hall called Eros in Adyar. That has been shut down and replaced by a auto showroom. I also used to visit Woodlands near the Clock Tower. I have not faced issues in any of these theatres. I usually avoid the run down cinema halls. In Bangalore, when I used to travel, I used to frequent a hall at the end of Brigade Road. This was completely run down and used to show some shady movies. Of course, when I go to places like that I used to go alone or with male friends. Even in Trichy, I have seen night shows of Tamil movies near the bus stand with my wife and child. Again I have not faced any issues.

I Delhi, I have been to every cinema hall you can think of. Of course, those days I was young and part of the crowd that used to tease girls. Most of the time we used to go as a group and we were very protective about the girls who used to go with us. Seen many first day first show of movies such as Anand, Sholay, Jewel Thief, Aradhana, Kati Patang, Khartoum, Battle Of the Bulge. Our favourite halls were Chanakya, Golcha, and a hall in Kamla Nagar whose name I have forgotten.

Yes, Sathyam and Inox are expensive (about 120 a seat), but they are worth the price. I believe PVR in Hyd is some 400 or 500. Inox is in a shopping complex called City Centre on Dr. RadhaKrishnan Salai. I believe there are 2 or 3 more such cinema complexed coming up in Chennai. Visiting cinema hall for movies such as Star Trek, Harry Potter, in my opinion, is a must. I missed the new Terminator, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the original DVD.

Cheers

dont worry venkat the new terminator was crap, total waste of money as i saw it in theatres , its tough to do a terminator sequel without ARNOLD

this one is a wasted movie ,tries very hard to make u laugh but fails flat out

Last edited:
51hJnR1JqBL._SS400_.jpg

Last edited:
Taken

Seventeen year-old Kim is the pride and joy of her father Bryan Mills. Bryan is a retired agent who left the Secret Service to be near Kim in California. Kim lives with her mother Lenore and her wealthy stepfather Stuart. Kim manages to convince her reluctant father to allow her to travel to Paris with her friend Amanda. When the girls arrive in Paris they share a cab with a stranger named Peter, and Amanda lets it slip that they are alone in Paris. Using this information an Albanese gang of human traffickers kidnaps the girls. Kim barely has time to call her father and give him information. Her father gets to speak briefly to one of the kidnappers and he promises to kill the kidnappers if they do not let his daughter go free. The kidnapper wishes him "good luck," so Bryan Mills travels to Paris to search for his daughter and her friend.

Taken (2008/I)

Vinay.

Hi Guys,

This is a must watch. I should thank the forum for putting me on to the movie. Denzel proves apart from being a great actor he is a swell director too.
Our own Gandhi at the climax is a pleasant surprise. Watch out for the scene where Samantha rejoins the team.:)

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
MV5BMjA1NTQ2NDU5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI1MzI2MQ@@._V1._SX96_SY140_.jpg

Just finished seeing this 2007 movie. A really good movie that shows how one man could steal 2 tons of diamonds and get away with it. Both Demi Moore and Michael Caine have performed very well. In the first scene where a young female reporter meets an old woman, it is nearly impossible to recognise Demi Moore. The film displays the British aristocratic society for all it's shortcoming - arrogance, avarice, and unbridled greed.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

This is a must watch. I should thank the forum for putting me on to the movie. Denzel proves apart from being a great actor he is a swell director too.
Our own Gandhi at the climax is a pleasant surprise. Watch out for the scene where Samantha rejoins the team.:)

cheers,
sri

I saw this movie. Denzel is good as usual/expected :) Very inspirational.
Apart from that I found the movie lacking in depth. It has a very lazy storytelling and not very realistic. The movie uses the powerful personality of Denzel to carry it through.
Well intentioned but not a very convincing movie for me. Too artificial and patronizing.

10808.jpg

Saw a movie after quite some time that kept me gripped to my seat. 'Knowing' stars Nicholas Cage as John Koestler, a professor of Astrophysics at MIT. His son, Caleb, gets an envelope that was buried in a time capsule 50 years before by students of the same school where he is studying. The envelope has a sheet with a lot of numbers written on it. Slightly alcoholic, John sits one night and stares at the numbers. Something clicks and he realises that the numbers refer to a series of events that happened around the world, after the note was written. Each event leads to death and the number of people dead is specifically mentioned in the note against each date. Some numbers are confusing and John realises they coordinates where the events occur. John is actually a observer two such events where he watches helplessly as people die.

John's son, Caleb, start hearing whispers in his ears, as do a number of other people. What this leads to is to be enjoyed in the movie.

The movie has a number of extraordinary scenes. One I liked very much was the crash of a plane that they show in great detail.

You can hate or love this movie. But please don;t try to bring any religious sentiment to it. Just enjoy it as a SciFi movie it is.

6578.jpg

Get a good copy of the movie and enjoy it. I believe the movie has been in production for quite some time.

Cheers

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back