The Movies I Liked

i too have the original dvds of these movies , i shud say for the price its great value!! i pickd up the original of billa too ,but the quality is really disappointing, do chk out the original of Pokiri, & vikramarkudu& chatrrapathi they are really good quality,,,,, any idea of the release of Arundhathi on DVD???? waiting to get this one and play it in my set up!!!

Hi Subash,

I am still waiting fro arundhati dvd. The person updated that dvd will release typically after an year of film release.

Thanks,
Prakash.

MAGHDHEERA-----finally got to watch this one, what can i say about this movie ---its director RAJAMOULI all the way, it was worth all the struggle i took to get the tickets , this movie is worth all your money----in the departments of action , special effects, graphics , background score this movie takes you to a different level of movie making!!! and all the actors too have done a good job
the first 30mins of the movie is a little let down but once it gets going its a visual treat!! and theres no looking back , the flashback scenes are terrific too!!
though i thot the songs were not too good , and also the cameo by chiranjeevi was not needed------but on the whole barring the first 30 mins the movie is rocking!!!

Last edited:
Hi Subash,

I am still waiting fro arundhati dvd. The person updated that dvd will release typically after an year of film release.

Thanks,
Prakash.

I think the tamil dubbed version of Arundhati is released in DVD....anyway I watched a copy of that and the print was excellent...btw from where did u get that NOT-SO-GOOD copy of Billa ?? I have the copy and its awesome.....I have the bluray copy of tamil Billa btw...

Yeah the movie is good. Just wondering do you come down from Bangalore to just watch the movie? If so do you drive down or how do you travel and what about accommodation? Do you stay overnight or leave after the movie?

I always tell my wife let's fly down to Malaysia or Honk Kong for the latest Hollywood blockbuster that's released there but not in India but we've not done it yet. Hopefully soon!!!

MAGHDHEERA-----finally got to watch this one, what can i say about this movie ---its director RAJAMOULI all the way, it was worth all the struggle i took to get the tickets , this movie is worth all your money----in the departments of action , special effects, graphics , background score this movie takes you to a different level of movie making!!! and all the actors too have done a good job
the first 30mins of the movie is a little let down but once it gets going its a visual treat!! and theres no looking back , the flashback scenes are terrific too!!
though i thot the songs were not too good , and also the cameo by chiranjeevi was not needed------but on the whole barring the first 30 mins the movie is rocking!!!

Just wondering do you come down from Bangalore to just watch the movie? If so do you drive down or how do you travel and what about accommodation? Do you stay overnight or leave after the movie?

Moser, I think Subhash watches it in Blre, we still have non-kannada movies being released in Blre :lol:

Moser, I think Subhash watches it in Blre, we still have non-kannada movies being released in Blre :lol:

this one is for all the guys in hyderabad !!! cud anyone give me a feedback on the highly awaited MAGHADEERA, as i have enjoyed all previous rajmouli movies, was not able to get the tickets while i was in hyd last week,, finally have been able to book for friday

Well this is what he posted previously hence I thought/assumed it was in Hyderabad.

Anyways I've spent many, many years in Bangalore myself, in fact grew up there.

Yeah the movie is good. Just wondering do you come down from Bangalore to just watch the movie? If so do you drive down or how do you travel and what about accommodation? Do you stay overnight or leave after the movie?

I always tell my wife let's fly down to Malaysia or Honk Kong for the latest Hollywood blockbuster that's released there but not in India but we've not done it yet. Hopefully soon!!!

hi, moser thats a great thot of comoing all the way to hyd for watching a movie !!! but i wudnt mind doing it to watch some blockbuster @ imax!!! as blr still doesnt have one ,,not really i am @ hyd every month for abt a week on work , i take the simple railways

I think the tamil dubbed version of Arundhati is released in DVD....anyway I watched a copy of that and the print was excellent...btw from where did u get that NOT-SO-GOOD copy of Billa ?? I have the copy and its awesome.....I have the bluray copy of tamil Billa btw...

i got the original billa dvd (shalimar video) its really bad, and am talking about the telugu billa with prabhas and not the tamil

51briNu2RkL._SS500_.jpg

i got the original billa dvd (shalimar video) its really bad, and am talking about the telugu billa with prabhas and not the tamil

Hmm..I got it from net so the person wudve done some touchings to improve the quality...I am also talking abt the Prabhas-Anushka starrer....I love Mahesh Babu and Prabhas!!

Rajiv, what are you writing?

The passion to such a extent, to fly overseas to just see movies, i have two pockets in my trouser, you have a dozen? A real rich man. I am speechless.

In view to your passion why do you not make your own private theatre at home?

Thanks.

Vinay.

The passion to such a extent, to fly overseas to just see movies, i have two pockets in my trouser, you have a dozen? A real rich man. I am speechless.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Vinay here I want to disagree with you....for people like me its not just about watching a movie but watching it on the first day or better first show....You can never experience that FEELING in a home theater....I watched the last 4 Rajni Kanth movies first day itself (Shivaji I watched the day it released in Muscat which was few weeks after India release) and the celebration and atmosphere in the theatre was something u can never forget....Money cant buy that feeling....The shoutings,the dance,the palabhishekams,the claps the whistles...ohhh man its absolute entertainment.....I am a BIG superstar FAN........

Vinay here I want to disagree with you....for people like me its not just about watching a movie but watching it on the first day or better first show....You can never experience that FEELING in a home theater....I watched the last 4 Rajni Kanth movies first day itself (Shivaji I watched the day it released in Muscat which was few weeks after India release) and the celebration and atmosphere in the theatre was something u can never forget....Money cant buy that feeling....The shoutings,the dance,the palabhishekams,the claps the whistles...ohhh man its absolute entertainment.....I am a BIG superstar FAN........

I agree with you, but it's a different experience altogether in India... the struggle to get tickets, the driving and/or parking nightmares etc. makes one forget the experience as soon as u r out of the theatre...Also, it's rare that one would be able to watch a movie with family in the first week after release... Once the new aura is over, I really don't care whether I watch it after 1 week or 12 weeks...

I used to go to the movies every week while I was in UK/USA earlier, but now it is only once in a while when there is a movie worth watching together with my kid and nieces... The rest, I watch them at home after the DVDs are released...

watched this movie "Memento." Directed by christopher Nolan. amazing movie but very very confusing. One has to be really alert to find out what is going on. It is believed that Ghajani is inspired from this movie. Haven't watched it yet still waitng for the DVD to hit below Rs 150 level.

Your wife still thinks u are sane ??? Lucky Guy....

She still thinks I'm sane.

hi, moser thats a great thot of comoing all the way to hyd for watching a movie !!! but i wudnt mind doing it to watch some blockbuster @ imax!!! as blr still doesnt have one ,,not really i am @ hyd every month for abt a week on work , i take the simple railways

Subhash - Why don't you let me know in advance when you are coming to Hyderabad and if I'm here then let's catch up on a movie at IMAX. We will get to meet too this way.

Thanks.

Vinay.

I've always been crazy about them especially English movies. As a child I would rent 10 VHS tapes for 7 days and watch all the 10 movies during the week and then return and exchange for another 7 days. The rental guys too would charge me only one day's rent even though I kept the movies for like 7 days only because I would take 10 movies at a time and was a regular customer.

Coming to the home theater room at home I've already mailed you before itself about it. Will look to you to come down and guide me in the making of such a room.

@renjithvakkayil - Going to the theater is more or less an obstacle course these days. The only thing guaranteed is the tickets since I do online booking, otherwise with the traffic chaos, having to eat out, driving all the way etc. it's a nightmarish experience at times. Unfortunately for Telugu and Hindi movies there is no option but to visit the theater with my wife and mom.

I agree with you, but it's a different experience altogether in India... the struggle to get tickets, the driving and/or parking nightmares etc. makes one forget the experience as soon as u r out of the theatre...Also, it's rare that one would be able to watch a movie with family in the first week after release... Once the new aura is over, I really don't care whether I watch it after 1 week or 12 weeks...

Yup with family its a bit difficult but with friends its a different ball game...the bargaining for getting a ticket in black or standing in the tail end of a long queue for hours and when ur turn comes the counter will be closed saying HOUSE FULL...but for watching a Rajni movie on the first day (or even first week) in Chennai I wud take all that risks.........

watched this movie "Memento." Directed by christopher Nolan. amazing movie but very very confusing. One has to be really alert to find out what is going on. It is believed that Ghajani is inspired from this movie. Haven't watched it yet still waitng for the DVD to hit below Rs 150 level.

Oh yes, Ghajini is a rip off of Memento.

@renjithvakkayil - Going to the theater is more or less an obstacle course these days. The only thing guaranteed is the tickets since I do online booking, otherwise with the traffic chaos, having to eat out, driving all the way etc. it's a nightmarish experience at times. Unfortunately for Telugu and Hindi movies there is no option but to visit the theater with my wife and mom.

As I said earlier in my post if you are going with family then its a bad or nightmarish experience...all the more so when its a release movie...the crowd will test your patience...parking and travelling is another head ache...you have to take care of the safety of ur family (Antisocial elements will try to take advantage of the crowd) etc but when u are a bachelor and going out with friends then I think these things are timepass and enjoyable....

As I said earlier in my post if you are going with family then its a bad or nightmarish experience...all the more so when its a release movie...the crowd will test your patience...parking and travelling is another head ache...you have to take care of the safety of ur family (Antisocial elements will try to take advantage of the crowd) etc but when u are a bachelor and going out with friends then I think these things are timepass and enjoyable....

Are you not married bro? No way will you be going alone or with friends on the first day of a show dude. Maybe once but no way will any wife let her husband out so frequently leaving her at home. By frequently I mean 1-2 times a week since I do watch at least 2-3 movies every week, but these days it's all at home because of the headaches involved.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back