The Movies I Liked

Aneelr Man,you seem to have every blu ray in town since you got your BD player.Do you buy it or rent them?

:DAll these are from my 1080p rips collection. But since I've got my player recently, will start buying the originals. As of now I've only 6 original BD's. Plan to replace all my rips with originals and put an end to my downloading:indifferent14:. That's my task for next year.:ohyeah:

cheers.

Felon

The family man Wade Porter is living the American Dream with his girlfriend Laura and their son Michael: they have a nice house, he has just raised a loan to make his company grow and they are going to get married. However their dream becomes a nightmare when Wade unintentionally kills a burglar that had broken into their house in the middle of the night on his lawn. He is sent to trial and accepts a deal proposed by the prosecutor, being sentenced to three years in prison. During the transportation, there is an incident in the bus and Wade is framed and sent to the maximum security wing under the command of the corrupt Lieutenant Jackson. His cell-mate John Smith that was sentenced to life revenging the death of his family befriends Wade and gives helpful advices and hope to Wade to return to his family.

Felon (2008)

51F03BDH9PL._SS500_.jpg

Not exactly a horror movie per se. But all in all a very well made movie and controlled direction by Bill Paxton.

Last edited:
Seven Pounds

Hi Guys,

Its an unusual movie to some extent. If you don't like sentimental dramas stay away from this movie.But if you are not averse to having a drop or two in your eyes when the movie ends watch this.I have always liked will smith.I love the way he emotes.Like our Kamal he is a star and an actor rolled into one.After Pacino he is my favourite:)

cheers,
sri

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 61
Seven Pounds

Hi Guys,

Its an unusual movie to some extent. If you don't like sentimental dramas stay away from this movie.But if you are not averse to having a drop or two in your eyes when the movie ends watch this.I have always liked will smith.I love the way he emotes.Like our Kamal he is a star and an actor rolled into one.After Pacino he is my favourite:)

cheers,
sri

+2 for your comments on his acting! I loved his performance in "Persuit of Happyness"

To Aneelr, Subash and others. When you list a movie here, a bit of explanation about the movies, the story, the actors, directors, PQ, SQ, etc., would help. Most important, we would like to know what you liked about the movie. Otherwise this becomes just a listing of movies. Though we can get a lot of information from IMDB, what we like is to hear it from members here who we believe in more. For example, let me give you the following example.

Over the last two odd weeks, I saw two versions of the same movie. In Hindi, the movie was 'A Wednesday' starring Nasurudeen Shah and Anupem Kher, and in Tamil it was 'Unnai Pol Oruvan'. Both the movies are about how a very common man who is harassed by his wife, takes on terrorism single handedly. Using extraordinary smartness, the man forces the police to release four dreaded terrorists and then tackles them without moving an inch. He also uses the greediness of the media to get to know what the police are doing.

The movie is a war of nerves between the man, the police chief, and the political system. It shows how the political leaders are reluctant to take decisions, and how they start looking for a scapegoat even before the drama unfolds. Nasurudeen Shah is brilliant in Hindi, while Anupem Kher is passable. Shah brings out the anger of the common man and answers the questions of the police chief with aplomb. Anupem is supposed to play the role of a disgruntled police chief who is on his last leg and who knows he is being set up by the political system. In Tamil, Mohan Lal, playing the same role, is a little better in showing his anger and disenchantment with the system. In Hindi, Chetan Pandit, as the Chief Minister, shows a little more responsibility in coming personally to the control room from where the police is monitoring the action. In Tamil, Laxmi, as Chief Secretary, comes across as a weakling who is only interested in saving the CM and does not hesitate to keep reminding the police chief that he will be lynched if things go wrong. She comes across as a typical Indian bureaucrat who will do nothing by herself, but who will question every move taken by someone else.

In Tamil, both Kamal Haasan and Mohan Lal fall short of the role. Kamal is nowhere near Shah, while Mohan Lal, though a little better than Kher, comes across more as an actor, than as a police chief.

A Wednesday is an extraordinary movie and seems to have done all right in the box office. It takes guts for a writer to pen such a story as much as it takes people to take such a movie. Worth watching.

Cheers

Me, Myself & Irene [2000][Bluray]

Me, Myself & Irene (2000)

A good timepass Comedy movie.

cheers.

Hi,

Sorry for the interruption in this wonderful thread.

Aneel, you seem to be one of the major contributors of this thread! May I call you "blu-ray moviepedia" of our hifivision.:clapping::clapping: I could imagine the collection you have with you. How about opening a separate thread to showcase your movie collection!:D I wish I could come to your place and copy a few of them.

Keep it going!

Cheers!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back