The Movies I Liked

District 9 (2009) dvd /reg1

SQ/PQ -very good

About the movie--An alien ship is grounded in Johansberg , the aliens are forced to live in a slum/refugee camp named district 9 and the humans (MNU) want to move them to a far of locality so they are away from the human race ,so during the evacuation time one of the guy(wikus) comes in contact with a fluid which has been collected by the aliens in thier 20 yr research to restart thier mother ship and fly away

once the guy (wikus) comes in contact with this fluid ,he starts to slowly tranform into an alien (there has been some kind of DNA mix up) and is in big trouble as he is taken for various tests he does escape from the MNU ,and goes to live in district 9 and has 2 new Alien friends and they end up helping each other , wikus helps the aliens in starting up the mother ship and its get away, and the aliens promise to transform wikus back to human

This is a great entertainer , in the begining i thot i was watching some documentry kind of movie (as the whole movie is shot in a hand held camera ,giving u the feeling like shot with a handycam) but once it kicks of its a fabulous movie , and the action too is very good

In fact this is one of the best alien movie i have seen ,with a great sense of humor, definetly recommended for all , dont miss this one.
definetly going into my Blu ray collection

Pi [1998][Bluray]

Pi (1998)

A very interesting Drama movie. It's about the Greek Alphabet/Mathematical Symbol PI and it's ability to generate numeric pattern.

cheers.

Hi,

August Rush 2007

august_rush04.jpg

Tells the story of a charismatic young Irish guitarist (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a sheltered young cellist (Keri Russell) who have a chance encounter one magical night above New Yorks Washington Square, but are soon torn apart, leaving in their wake an infant, August Rush, orphaned by circumstance. Now performing on the streets of New York and cared for by a mysterious stranger (Robin Williams), August (Freddie Highmore) uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth.

The scenes where the boy plays the guitar, especially the finger tapping style, along with Jonathan Meyers and in the climax when the boy had a chance to perform in a concert in Washington Square, which actually brings his parents to him (more like a tamil movie).

Cheers!

Yes, I saw this movie and it is in my collection of DVD.. Good one if we involve and watch.. Otherwise:indifferent14:

There is something about Mary...

Blu-ray Review: There's Something About Mary (1998)

One of best comedy in 90's.. still love that movie and never get bored of watching repeatedly.. Love ben stiller & ofcourse handsome and sexy cameron diaz....

Waited anxiously for this movie to be released in BD and it is an complete let down and better to stick on to DVD version...

Scene below.... laughed..like anything..

14124f.jpg

Hi Aneelr,

How are you able to get the Bluray version?! I think the movie is just released a couple of weeks ago!!

Regards
Churfsan

Hi,

Your right, this is a new movie, the bluray of the same is also yet to release. But the story of how I was able to get the movie............I cannot explain it here due to HiFiVision FORUM RULES.:)

cheers.

Julia (2008)

what strats of as a Drama ends up as an edge of the seat thriller with brilliant performance by Tilda swinton ( she is the Witch from Chronicles of Narnia)

Julia is a drunk ,sleeping around with all the men in town , one day she decides to kindnap the grandson of a rich bussinessman for a huge ransom and goes ahead with the plan , but after the child is kidnaped there is a strong bond btw the two of them --the story is how julia is able to get the ransom money and she wud go to any extent to save the child

This one is excellent stuff in all departments and Tilda swinton as julia is brilliant

This weekend, I watched two movies at the theaters - Avatar and 3 idiots and thoroughly enjoyed both the movies.

Avatar: Excellent special effects and fantastic sound effects in Urvashi theater in Bangalore. James Cameron has done a great job, 3D effect was good but not as great as 3D on a Imax screen. I followed Subhash's advice and chose Row 'J' and was able to enjoy the 5.1 sweetspot well. Subhash and I also had the same views that the center channel was either missing or not set well.

3 Idiots: Fantastic movie and storyline. Keeps you interested throughout the movie. Got me really nostalgic about my college days. Must watch, I would like to watch it again.

Loaded [2007][Bluray]

Loaded (2007/I)

A good Crime/Thriller movie. Though the critic sites like IMDB/rottentomatoes have not rated this a good movie...... it can be watched once. Some good Characterization.

cheers.

PAA (dvd- big home video)

sorry cant write the story outline as theres nothing in it ,no father-son/ son father story as claimed

-Pure trash

-silly one liners , the mother of all --> by lending your sperm u dont become a father :):)

-all characters seem to be lost/lifeless

-makeup by whoever, looks like pure mockery

-the nasal tone of the main character (Auro) sucks

SAVING GRACE--1-couple of catchy tunes from ilaaiya raja
2- very good video transfer

Last edited:
Raising Arizona
Raising%20Arizona.jpg

Funny movie with Nicolas cage as small-time crook and police officer ..

A devil man on a cruiser ,plot loops around stealing a baby in the last part....

Valkyrie

In Nazi Germany during World War II, as the tide turned in favor of The Allies, a cadre of senior German officers and politicians desperately plot to topple the Nazi regime before the nation is crushed in a near-inevitable defeat. To this end, Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, an Army officer convinced he must save Germany from Hitler, is recruited to mastermind a real plan. To do so, he arranges for the internal emergency measure, Operation: Valkyrie, to be changed to enable his fellows to seize control of Berlin after the assassination of the Fuhrer. However, even as the plan is put into action, a combination of bad luck and human failings conspire on their own to create a tragedy that would prolong the greater one gripping Europe.

Valkyrie (2008)

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back