The Movies I Liked

fantastic_voyage.jpg

A group of people and a submarine are shrunk to microscopic size and injected into a human body to remove a clot inside the patient's brain. The challenges they encounter in dealing with the body's natural defences and anatomical processes is shown in a rather believable way.

A Science fiction movie made in 1966 definitely deserves some praise. One can imagine the difficulties the filmmakers must have faced creating those special effects in that era.

But the most fascinating thing is that the procedure shown in the movie may actually be possible now with the advances in medicine technology, not with people, but definitely with miniaturised vehicles.

Crossing Over

Crossing Over is a multi-character canvas about immigrants of different nationalities struggling to achieve legal status in Los Angeles. The film deals with the border, document fraud, the asylum and green card process, work-site enforcement, naturalization, the office of counter terrorism and the clash of cultures.

Crossing Over (2009)

MOVIE:
S_25421.jpg

Dylan Walsh, as villain, makes it memorable one. Its a remake of STEPFATHER,1987. It's a creepy/horror movie & very entertaining.
A must watch.

Last edited:
The Insider *Al Pacino Russell Crowe etc
A research chemist comes under personal and professional attack when he decides to appear in a "60 Minutes" expose on Big Tobacco.
wonderful movie a must watch:clapping:

The Informant

Hilarious movie with amazing twists and turns. Watching a rolly polly Matt Damon is very interesting. Although it says its based on a true story some parts are too difficult to imagine that it could have happened in real life.

The Informant! (2009)

Another demo I liked at Jamo shop which is a fighting scene between two ladies... one english girl with sward & another chinese with chain & ball.
I liked the sound effects but forgot to ask the movie name ???

cheers

Another demo I liked at Jamo shop which is a fighting scene between two ladies... one english girl with sward & another chinese with chain & ball.
I liked the sound effects but forgot to ask the movie name ???

cheers

It's Kill Bill.

cheers.

Last edited:
Kuruvi [2008][Bluray]

Kuruvi (2008)

A good Comedy/Drama movie. Story is fine, not so bad not so good, lot of plots taken from english movies. But has got some hilarious comedy by Vivek. A good timepass movie. SQ of the bluray is good.

cheers.

Antichrist

A couple lose their young son when he falls out the window while they have sex in the other room. The mother's grief consigns her to hospital, but her therapist husband brings her home intent on treating her depression himself. To confront her fears they go to stay at their remote cabin in the woods, "Eden", where something untold happened the previous summer. Told in four chapters with a prologue and epilogue, the film details acts of lustful cruelty as the man and woman unfold the darker side of nature outside and within.

Antichrist (2009)

The Boat That Rocked a.k.a Pirate Radio

boat-that-rocked-poster-1.jpg

A rollicking comedy about how a pirate radio station rocked a nation and saved rock 'n roll during the 60's. It is loosely based on a real pirate radio ship, 'Radio Caroline' and is a tribute to all the pirate stations of the era. A good movie on all counts...

Last edited:
Movie:-30 Days of Night (2007)

511KbazW9bL._SS500_.jpg

Without doubt the best vampire movie ever made

Josh Harnett stars in this bone-chilling horro movie. In a small Alaskan town, thirty days of night is a natural phenomenon. Very few outsiders visit, until a band of bloodthirsty, deathly pale vampires mark their arrival by savagely attacking sled dogs. But soon they find there are much more satisfying thirst-quenchers about: human beings. One by one, the townspeople succumb to a living nightmare, but a small group survives - at least for now. The vampires use the dark to their advantage, and surviving this cold hell is a game of cat and mouse - and screams.

A
Must
Watch

mskvfvvfv.jpg

I actually picked up V For Vendatta, as they showed it on one of the movies channels a few days ago, and the little I saw that day aroused my curiosity.

V for Vendatta is a comic book character who lives in Greta Britain in the future. The country is ruled by half mad despot. V fights for justice and to awaken the people against the government.

There are two things I liked about the movie. Though you never see his face, Hugo Weaving's (Hugo Weaving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) performance is spectacular. Wearing a mask all the time, Hugo acts as V, a highly erudite person with extraordinary control over the English language and superb diction. By gently moving his head when delivering dialogues, Hugh makes you believe the mask has an expression. You can literally imagine the mask expressing happiness, pain, sadness, and even tears. No mean feat, by any standards.

The second thing I liked about the movie is Hugo's excellent dialogue delivery and the writer's use of words in a literally poetic way. For example, when he saves a damsel in distress (Evey Hammond), V introduces himself as follows:

Evey Hammond: Who--who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

V: Voil! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

If you like English and the play of words, this is a movie worth watching. I am going to see it again a few times to enjoy Hugo playing with words.

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back