The Movies I Liked

MOVIE: P2 (2007)
poster_p2.jpg

MY BRIEF REVIEW:

This film is written and produced by Alexander Aja , the same guy who directed Hills Have Eyes (2006). The film is entertaining to watch, but still you will have a feeling that you are very familiar with the plot and watching the same stuff again. The film has has a good performance from rachael Nichols, as Angela a young business woman who becomes the victim of an mentally ill security guard who commits murders in her name. Its an intense thriller with lot of tension and blood all over.

Last edited:
MOVIE: ORPHAN (2009)

orphan_movie_poster.jpg

MY BRIEF REVIEW:-

The Orphan have similarities with other movies such as The Good Son & The Omen but somehow there is something fresh out of an old tale.

There are plenty of shocks and the twist or secret is very original.

Orphan is not as good as the old ones above, but still much better than like Joshua.This is definitely one of the better horror films to come along these days.

Last edited:
MOVIE: ORPHAN (2009)

MV5BMTU0NjQzNjg2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc3NzA0Mg@@._V1._SX94_SY140_.jpg

MY BRIEF REVIEW:-

The Orphan have similarities with other movies such as The Good Son & The Omen but somehow there is something fresh out of an old tale.

There are plenty of shocks and the twist or secret is very original.

Orphan is not as good as the old ones above, but still much better than like Joshua.This is definitely one of the better horror films to come along these days.

I happened to watch this movie with my brother yesterday. It definitely is one of the finest horror tales in years and keeps you really glued. The twist was amazing . I also thought the seduction scene towards the end was really scary and well portrayed
I am not sure why but i din quite like Joshua

Nefes: Vatan sagolsun [2009][Bluray]

Nefes: Vatan sagolsun (2009)

A very good War/Drama movie. The meaning of the title is Breath: Long live the Homeland. Never knew about the Turkey-PKK conflict until I saw this movie. PQ is really good, some nice scenery of the turkish mountain ranges. Good cinematography.

cheers.

Plot Summary for

The Visitor

In Connecticut, the widower and lonely Professor Walter Vale has a boring life. He teaches only one class at the local college and is trying to learn how to play the piano, despite not having the necessary musical talent. Walter is assigned to attend a conference about Global Policy and Development at the New York University, where he is to give a lecture about a paper that he is coauthor on. When he arrives at his apartment in New York, he finds Tarek Khalil, a syrian musician, and Zainab, a Senegalese street vendor living there. He sympathizes with the situation of the illegal immigrants and invites the couple to stay with him. Tarek invites him to go to his gig in the Jules Live Jazz and Walter is fascinated with his African drum. Tarek offers to teach Walter to play the drum. However, after an incident in the subway, Tarek is arrested by the police and sent to a detention center of immigrants. Walter hires a lawyer to defend Tarek and out of the blue, Tarek's mother Mouna appears at Walter's apartment from Michigan. He invites her to stay in Tarek's room and while trying to release Tarek, Walter and Mouna get close to each other and he finds a reason to live an exciting life again

The Visitor (2007/I)

Visitor was a slow but nice movie. I actually got the movie thinking that it will be focused around the djembe and its music (guess Drummer was apt in that count) but the movie had a certain shade of frustration and desperation across all the characters - the Prof. or the Syrian player, his African wife and even his mom. The short lived romance of the Prof. was nicely portrayed as well.

Recount [2008][Bluray]

Recount (2008) (TV)

A very good Drama/History movie. About the 2000 United States Presidential Election Bush v. Gore case between Governor of Texas George W. Bush and Vice President Al Gore. A very good insight into what happened during the recount which was later stopped by the court.

cheers.

Michael Clayton [2007][Bluray]

Michael Clayton (2007)

A good Crime/Drama movie. Nice performance by Clooney. Saw this movie 2 times, at first I somehow felt boring, but second time the story was more clear and understandable.

cheers.

Surveillance

Grisly murders occur in a small town. Two FBI agents arrive, set up their cameras in three interview rooms, and set up interviews of three survivors: a girl of about nine, a foul-mouthed cop with a bandaged hand, and a young woman of about 20 who uses drugs. Each tells their story as the male FBI agent listens and watches from a separate room: the girl draws for and talks to the female agent, the local chief interviews the injured cop, and two officers interview the young woman. As they tell their stories, some of which are inaccurate and self-serving, we see what actually happened the day before.

Surveillance (2008)

Hi,

Yesterday night I watched the movie, Black, starring Big B and Rani.

What a brilliant movie, Rani and Big B and all actors in that movie did an excellent job. The background scoring and the way movie has been shot everything is excellent.

All the actors had done an extensive homework as to sigh language, etc.

IMHO, it has got all the potential for an oscar.

Cheers!

Vortex's convincing review prompted me to watch this move. Very impressive effort for an Indian movie to go to such length.

Quick doubts:
1. How did Reema Sen manage to get that Tiger tattoo flashing on her back if she is not the real messenger?
2. Where did the bullet vanish that hits Karthi's chest when Reema Sen shoots him during their weirdo moments?

Just saw , the movie:ZOMBIELAND (2009).horror/comedy
1207888aa.jpg

My brief review:-
This really isn't a comedy, it's kind of funny horror film.It never lends itself to being a true comedy because it is filled with a lot of scares. A really solid acting, script and nice underlying story really helps make this so much more than just a bunch of awesome zombie kills. This is a zombie-funny horror film that deserves to take it's place amongst the best of the genre, 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Army of Darkness'.

My Marks:9/10 and
A
must
watch:)

Last edited:
The Hurt Locker (2008)

War is a Drug. this is the story of sergeant JAMES , head of a special squad of soldiers tasked to disarm bombs in the heat of combat in Baghdad. To do this nerve shattering job not only u need to be the best u also have to thrive in a zone where the margin of error is absolutely ZERO, think as a bomb maker,and somehow survive with your body and soul intact

Very realistically shot. Action packed. absolutely intense thriller, with some hilarious dialogues (especially in the scene where all the 3 guys are drunk and having a good time)

SQ /PQ of the reg1 dvd is awesome

PS --Do not miss this one its an absolute cracker of a movie, wud rate it 9/10

Just saw this movie, (Bluray rip). Really well directed by Kathryn Bigelow.Nice inbetween gags. Her ideas are really good(like the motive of each character and their role) which she explains in the EXTRA's section. And SQ is also good. I guess this is a must have on BD collection.

cheers.

Just saw , the movie:ZOMBIELAND (2009).horror/comedy
MV5BMTU5MDg0NTQ1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA4Mjg3Mg@@._V1._SX100_SY139_.jpg

My brief review:-
This really isn't a comedy, it's kind of funny horror film.It never lends itself to being a true comedy because it is filled with a lot of scares. A really solid acting, script and nice underlying story really helps make this so much more than just a bunch of awesome zombie kills. This is a zombie-funny horror film that deserves to take it's place amongst the best of the genre, 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Army of Darkness'.

My Marks:9/10 and
A
must
watch:)

So this is the 2nd time we've watched the same movie on the same day. Watched this movie with my brother.
Zombieland is really a smart outta the way zombie movie with laughs ,scares and amazing story telling....Bill Murray, Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg all at their comic best.
It is another great one from 2009 which I personally believe has been a landmark year for testing new waters in movie making history. Hence , not to be missed

Zombieland (2009)
Zombieland Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

Last edited:
http://www.imbd.com/title/tt1183251/

Beyond a reasonable Doubt (dvd)

To expose a corrupt DA who is all set to become the state governor, a crime journalist is all set to expose the lawyer by getting himself intentionally convicted for a murder he dint commit ,but the high profile lawyer is too damn clever to fall into the trap and destroys all evidence for the journalist to prove himself innocent and sends him to prison / death by lethal injection , but the journalist still has some hope as he is romatically involved with the DA's secretary/associate ,and the rest of the story is how she tries to get her guy/journalist out ,risking her own life

This one is an excellent thriller, wanting to know what happens nxt, the climax is something not expected, definetly recomended for people who like old fashioned thrillers , i enjoyed this movie very much

read this is a remake of an old movie by the same name

Watched it this weekend. One of the better movies I have seen in recent times; Michael Douglas gives a real solid performance, other actors are also very balanced, and the climax is totally unexpected...

Misery

Best-selling novelist Paul Sheldon is on his way home from his Colorado hideaway after completing his latest book, when he crashes his car in a freak blizzard. Paul is critically injured, but is rescued by former nurse Annie Wilkes, Paul's "number one fan", who takes Paul back to her remote house in the mountains (without bothering to tell anybody). Unfortunately for Paul, Annie is also a headcase. When she discovers that Paul has killed off the heroine in her favorite novels, her reaction leaves Paul shattered (literally)...

Misery (1990)

harishchandrachi_factory_20091105a.jpg

India's official entry to this year's Academy Awards; it depicts in a fun way how Dadasaheb Phalke overcame innumerable odds to create the first Indian Motion Picture "Raja Harishchandra". He has to sell everything he has in order to realize his dream, including mortgaging his wife's jewellery, but he refuses to give up and finally succeeds in creating a masterpiece which is appreciated by the audience not just in India, but even in the UK.

Even though the dialogues are in Marathi, this is a must watch for anyone who appreciates simple but sensible cinema. The background music is very mesmerizing and compliments the pre-independence era very well.

We all probably know that "Raja Harishchandra" by Dadasaheb Phalke was the first ever Indian motion picture, but this movie provides an insight into the life of the "Father of Indian Cinema" as he was called, and his vision and passion for creating moving pictures..

Last edited:
Recently watched the movie:

Movie:
7822377.jpg

Its based on a novel, this thriller is set in a future where people buy robots that look like themand can live their lives for them. The movie has some good parts. Bruce willis looks too old.Should have been made with some large budget and better supporting cast.

My rating:6/10

A
one time
Watch

Recently watched:THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE
1187891aa.jpg

Brief review: Its Based on a book about a love story tested with theory of relativity.Its a very good love story and doesn't have or little special effects to support.The movie is a bit confusing at times as it becomes difficult to follow the plot.

rating:8/10

A
MUST
WATCH

yesterday watched the movie:-FUNNY PEOPLE

1205730.jpg

My Brief review:- A mediocre - fun- little movie, with some vulgar funny jokes, that are hard to laugh about.Found it difficult to sit through the whole movie.Our own mediocre comedy hindi movies are much more fun though as a whole.

Rating:-4.5/10

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back