The Movies I Liked

To Aneelr, Subash and others. When you list a movie here, a bit of explanation about the movies, the story, the actors, directors, PQ, SQ, etc., would help. Most important, we would like to know what you liked about the movie. Otherwise this becomes just a listing of movies. Though we can get a lot of information from IMDB, what we like is to hear it from members here who we believe in more. For example, let me give you the following example.

U r right:clapping:

:):):):):):):) How you have concluded harassed by wife,,,,,,:):):):):):):)

Well, she is constantly calling him and asking him if he has bought potatoes and onions, and when he is coming home. I don't remember the exact dialogues, but Shah does answer the phone a couple of times and says, 'haan zhi miane pyaz karidh li hai.... maine dopahar ka khana kaa liya......my ghar jaldi aa javoonga... maine tamatar le li hai..... " and so on.

Cheers

Thanks... I just made fun of it... So all our guys( married- Here lot of members are bachelors) are getting harassed:) .. It is common or anybody is enjoying it????

Sorry to just skip from the thread... We need chutney for the idli.. so break from discussion.. Nothin ... we will continue the discussion as earlier..:lol:

@venkatcr, Hi, your suggestion is welcomed, but I guess going too personal about the movies is going to end up like the AVATAR movies thread, because of vast range in difference of opinion. I personally feel a short gist of the movie will do, to keep you eager the see the movie.. if I have the entire details before watching the movie, the charm of the movie is lost. And again this is my personal opinion, not sure about others. And as far as what ONE liked in the movie, may be we can have a separate thread, where we discuss the same after watching the movie. But basic and short ideas like Cinematography/Direction/Characters/Story....... would help.

Anyways, will try to post more details in my upcoming posts.

cheers.

@venkatcr, Hi, your suggestion is welcomed, but I guess going too personal about the movies is going to end up like the AVATAR movies thread, because of vast range in difference of opinion. I personally feel a short gist of the movie will do, to keep you eager the see the movie.. if I have the entire details before watching the movie, the charm of the movie is lost. And again this is my personal opinion, not sure about others. And as far as what ONE liked in the movie, may be we can have a separate thread, where we discuss the same after watching the movie. But basic and short ideas like Cinematography/Direction/Characters/Story....... would help.

Anyways, will try to post more details in my upcoming posts.

cheers.

Hi Aneel,

Creating another thread especialy for the said discussion will make this thread to be taken over by that...

Clearly the title is THE MOVIE I LIKED... So it is indivudual taste and u r the reviewer on your point of view.

Please continue to post all the details here itself... Most of the movies mentioned here were not watched by lot of members and this could be a good information to continue with all details including your comments including SQ/PQ and performance, if possible with pics..

Regards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chaser_(film)

its a korean movie and the story basically revolves round a ripper who is being chased by an ex cop turned pimp

1)the movie has a fresh presentation, atleast from the perceptive of someone who havent watched too many asian movies.....

2) does a neat job of showing how the police force becomes inefficient due to their need to answer politicians and higher ups...that too without making it dramatic..seems the rest of the world is just like us :lol:

3) the chase sequences are more real than normal hollywood movies...

its highly recommended thriller for everyone except the faint hearted....its not as bad as the gore movies like texas chainsaw etc. but has got a lot of blood flowing

Jennifer's Body (2009)

jennifers body (dvd)
watch only if u like Megan fox , other wise the movie is dull and boring

venkat ,srini to explain the story of this movie it wud drive me nuts, anyway will try

thinking jennifer is a virgin , a rock group ,to please satan have to sacrifice a girl so they pick on jennifer and sacrifice her but it turns out that jennifer was not a virgin so things go terribly wrong and jennifer comes back as a demon and starts eating up all the good looking guys in town, as when jennifer feels hungry she becomes weak and ends up looking sick ,so she got to keep eating!!! to keep her beauty in tact, and its up to her best childhood friend to stop jennifer from eating up her boyfriend------so goes the story :yahoo: well that was short,

NOTE-- Watch only if you want to watch Megan FOX , theres nothing much other than megan fox ,in this booring and dull movie

venkat ,srini to explain the story of this movie it wud drive me nuts, anyway will try

thinking jennifer is a virgin , a rock group ,to please satan have to sacrifice a girl so they pick on jennifer and sacrifice her but it turns out that jennifer was not a virgin so things go terribly wrong and jennifer comes back as a demon and starts eating up all the good looking guys in town, as when jennifer feels hungry she becomes weak and ends up looking sick ,so she got to keep eating!!! to keep her beauty in tact, and its up to her best childhood friend to stop jennifer from eating up her boyfriend------so goes the story :yahoo: well that was short,

NOTE-- Watch only if you want to watch Megan FOX , theres nothing much other than megan fox ,in this booring and dull movie

Good storytelling :clapping::clapping:

Guys, the idea is not to explain the story line unless you felt strongly about it. Since the title of the thread is 'Movies I Liked', what we want to understand is what YOU liked about the movie. And this could be anything - story, characterisation, cinematography, acting, music, sound.....

In some movies, the story line and direction may be mediocre, but one actor may have put his heart into the role.. Similarly, a movie may have great direction, editing, or story line. So in essence, whatever made you sit on the edge of your seat, skip your dinner, ignored your wife and watched the movie - that is what we want to know.

Cheers

Guys, the idea is not to explain the story line unless you felt strongly about it. Since the title of the thread is 'Movies I Liked', what we want to understand is what YOU liked about the movie. And this could be anything - story, characterisation, cinematography, acting, music, sound.....

In some movies, the story line and direction may be mediocre, but one actor may have put his heart into the role.. Similarly, a movie may have great direction, editing, or story line. So in essence, whatever made you sit on the edge of your seat, skip your dinner, ignored your wife and watched the movie - that is what we want to know.

Cheers

In jennifers body ---------its Megan fox , megan fox and more megan fox :licklips: the rest as u say was totally forgotten:lol:

Last edited:
Ratatouille [2007][Bluray]

Ratatouille (2007)

A very good Comedy/Animation movie.

One of the best from Pixar, from the director of The Incredibles. This film has taken Visual Effects in 3d animation one step ahead. The title refers to a French Dish.
A challenge for the filmmakers was creating computer-generated food animations that would appear delicious. Gourmet chefs in both the U.S. and France were consulted and animators attended cooking classes at San Francisco-area culinary schools to understand the workings of a commercial French kitchen. Very good attention to details.

cheers.

The Departed
In South Boston, the state police force is waging war on Irish-American organized crime. Young undercover cop Billy Costigan is assigned to infiltrate the mob syndicate run by gangland chief Frank Costello. While Billy quickly gains Costello's confidence, Colin Sullivan, a hardened young criminal who has infiltrated the state police as an informer for the syndicate, is rising to a position of power in the Special Investigation Unit. Each man becomes deeply consumed by his double life, gathering information about the plans and counter-plans of the operations he has penetrated. But when it becomes clear to both the mob and the police that there's a mole in their midst, Billy and Colin are suddenly in danger of being caught and exposed to the enemy-and each must race to uncover the identity of the other man in time to save himself. But is either willing to turn on the friends and comrades they've made during their long stints undercover

The Departed (2006)

For me it is just not viable to do the spoon feeding in length, who has the time, etc, the best i can do is that list the movies i have liked
with the link for story line. There are other reasons also for not spoon feeding, the reasons which some members mentioned.

V.

To Aneelr, Subash and others. When you list a movie here, a bit of explanation about the movies, the story, the actors, directors, PQ, SQ, etc., would help. Most important, we would like to know what you liked about the movie. Otherwise this becomes just a listing of movies. Though we can get a lot of information from IMDB, what we like is to hear it from members here who we believe in more. For example, let me give you the following example.

Over the last two odd weeks, I saw two versions of the same movie. In Hindi, the movie was 'A Wednesday' starring Nasurudeen Shah and Anupem Kher, and in Tamil it was 'Unnai Pol Oruvan'. Both the movies are about how a very common man who is harassed by his wife, takes on terrorism single handedly. Using extraordinary smartness, the man forces the police to release four dreaded terrorists and then tackles them without moving an inch. He also uses the greediness of the media to get to know what the police are doing.

The movie is a war of nerves between the man, the police chief, and the political system. It shows how the political leaders are reluctant to take decisions, and how they start looking for a scapegoat even before the drama unfolds. Nasurudeen Shah is brilliant in Hindi, while Anupem Kher is passable. Shah brings out the anger of the common man and answers the questions of the police chief with aplomb. Anupem is supposed to play the role of a disgruntled police chief who is on his last leg and who knows he is being set up by the political system. In Tamil, Mohan Lal, playing the same role, is a little better in showing his anger and disenchantment with the system. In Hindi, Chetan Pandit, as the Chief Minister, shows a little more responsibility in coming personally to the control room from where the police is monitoring the action. In Tamil, Laxmi, as Chief Secretary, comes across as a weakling who is only interested in saving the CM and does not hesitate to keep reminding the police chief that he will be lynched if things go wrong. She comes across as a typical Indian bureaucrat who will do nothing by herself, but who will question every move taken by someone else.

In Tamil, both Kamal Haasan and Mohan Lal fall short of the role. Kamal is nowhere near Shah, while Mohan Lal, though a little better than Kher, comes across more as an actor, than as a police chief.

A Wednesday is an extraordinary movie and seems to have done all right in the box office. It takes guts for a writer to pen such a story as much as it takes people to take such a movie. Worth watching.

Cheers

http://www.imbd.com/title/tt1183251/

Beyond a reasonable Doubt (dvd)

To expose a corrupt DA who is all set to become the state governor, a crime journalist is all set to expose the lawyer by getting himself intentionally convicted for a murder he dint commit ,but the high profile lawyer is too damn clever to fall into the trap and destroys all evidence for the journalist to prove himself innocent and sends him to prison / death by lethal injection , but the journalist still has some hope as he is romatically involved with the DA's secretary/associate ,and the rest of the story is how she tries to get her guy/journalist out ,risking her own life

This one is an excellent thriller, wanting to know what happens nxt, the climax is something not expected, definetly recomended for people who like old fashioned thrillers , i enjoyed this movie very much

read this is a remake of an old movie by the same name

Last edited:
Well, she is constantly calling him and asking him if he has bought potatoes and onions, and when he is coming home. I don't remember the exact dialogues, but Shah does answer the phone a couple of times and says, 'haan zhi miane pyaz karidh li hai.... maine dopahar ka khana kaa liya......my ghar jaldi aa javoonga... maine tamatar le li hai..... " and so on.

Cheers
He he Venkat sir, that was funny. But I guess in the movie they wanted to protray Naseeruddin Shah's caring character for his wife to show that he is just another common man who thinks and worries about the small things in life. But anyway, Wednesday is an amazing movie and I can barely remember any other recent hindi movie that touched me like this movie did.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back