The Movies I Liked

Re: ~~~ Sam's Movie Share ~~~

FROZEN, when I first read about the plot of this movie about 3 teens stuck on a roopway at a ski resort, I was like, must be another cheezy thriller.......... well i was wrong for most of the part, though the movie does take the liberty of few forced glitches to get the story going, (like the resort getting closed for a week just after this trip) but once its on, you are not bored. What saves this movie from just another teen thriller is the pure believable performances and the cinematography that very nicely captures the cold, deadly, chilling, below freezing atmosphere of the night, which really gives you creeps. How ever the plot is still flawed at many places, but you usually keep giving the benifit of the doubt just for the performances....... once worth a watch ......

frozenmovies20101d.jpg

SAM's Rating : 6.2/10
Genre : Thriller
Movie : FROZEN

Last edited by a moderator:

From paris with love ........ Now this is what I call a complete Hollywood entertainer, without the need to simulate any of your brain cells, the story is flawed to the limit and way too many liberties taken, but its a total non stop action with Travolta being the bad sucker wooping some serious ass right from the word go ...... and you do enjoy it. The movie is fulltoo action and Travolta is a serious funny bad ass. As I said nothing exceptional but it will hold your interest right till the end ....... there is a decent twist as well in the end .....

frompariswithlovever4.jpg

SAM's Rating : 6.2/10
Genre : Action
Movie : From paris with love

- What is the story behind rating movies 6.2, 6.8 etc? That means you have 100 points of ratings for movies? Sorry but I get nauseous seeing 3-4 movies get rated a '6.2' one after the other. I know you have every right to rate movies as you feel and I didn't really want to point this out but I couldn't help myself. I saw this a few days back and thought I will keep silent but I can't. If you feel uncomfortable rating a particular movie a 6 or a 6.5, the result you get is a 6.25 at the most surely? Even if you are that specific and rate a movie a 6.2, I see the probability of 4 movies in a row at 6.2 highly improbable. Sorry to be so critical about this.

- The link of the forum doesn't work as you need to register to read the thread.

- I love the reviews. Keep them coming dude. :)

see the point scale is just max 10 and when you have gazillions of movies that needs to be rated on a scale of 10, there would be multiple of movie with the same rating still having different priority liking among each other (you getting me)for example .... I like an X movie and rate it 6.5, then there is another movie Y, I feel is not worth more than 6.5, so I rate it 6.5. Now its obvious and natural that I would be having a different liking level if I compare X and Y among themselves, and I can say I liked X more then Y, but then you can argue how is that possible, you rated both 6.5....

This means that though movies with similar rating can have a different liking/priority level among themselves, but on a much, much larger scale where there are loads and loads of shades of movies available, movies with similar rating gives the user an Idea as to which segment of quality this movie can belong to, rest after reading my description can decide

Yes To counter this I can have 2/3 decimal point rating, but that can become complicated, I like to keep is simple for a neutral, but sensible movie watching audience, who need to know in general how the movie is .....

Hope this made some sense for you ......

About the link yes, its a forum just like this so you need to register to view the thread ....... :)

More reviews coming, I would like movie buff like to keep contributing ......

Cheers
Sammy

Hi Sam,
I agree with "Frozen", that is indeed a must watch atleast once..
I would recommend another movie.. which I saw late night and had quite an impact..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splice_(film)
Tell us your views on the same..

I am gonna give SPLICE a try, just because of its director "Vincenzo Natali" has given CUBE and CYPHER,..... both movies pretty amazing, with twists and turns .....

Why on earth my thread was merged, I would not continue here posting my Movies...... Every day zillions of unnecessary threads are opened are they all closed, merged ...... this is seriously unethical .....

People here for the first time, the last 10 entries from me here were from my own thread that was merged, without my consent. If people want to continue sharing movies and indulge in some quality discussion, they are welcome to do so in my other similar thread in the below forum. Ofcourse you have to register to view it .....

VIDEOPHILE :: Hollywood Movie Reviews

Hi Sam,

Do you want any cult followers for your reviews???:) So you want to keep your own thread about your reviews... I like your review and do all who love movies,,, but making a fuss about others makes uncomfortable.

Please press the brake and keep writing your review..:)

Last edited:
^^ Sri seriously not making any fuss, its that I just want my exclusive reviews to be shared, (just like my BluRay reviews) and a discussion page for the same, simply because of my passion for movies ............ Am I asking too much ....you tell ...

Sam,
Please accept mod decision politely whether it is right or wrong.."Boss is always right".. "Life is too wonderful to be spent worrying"..

Point of No Return

hardened criminal Maggie Hayward's consistence violence, even in police custody, ends in the execution chamber. However, top-secret US government agency official 'Bob' arranges a staged death, so she can be elaborately trained as phantom killer and subdued into obedience. As a cover, she gets a new identity as saleswoman Claudia Anne Doran

Point of No Return (1993) - IMDb

V.

Get Him to the Greek [2010][Bluray]

Get Him to the Greek (2010) - IMDb

A timepass Comedy movie.The story provides a nice blend of laughs and unexpected moments of real warmth. Good performance by Jonah Hill and Russell Brand. The chemistry between characters played by Jonah and Russell is done really well.

cheers.

I watched yesterday -

"Wait Until Dark", A good drama and thriller movie from the director Terence Young featuring Audrey Hepburn.

Plot (from Amazon) - A photographer's blind wife, trapped in her New York apartment by an evil trio who are ready to murder to retrieve a heroin-filled doll hidden in her apartment, cleverly outwits them. Music by Henry Mancini. Based on the long running Broadway play by Frederick Knott.

51CJZF9M3PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A must watch for any movie lover...

YIP MAN-PART 1 & PART 2 -Bluray

These are Cantonese language movies with English sub titles. The movies are about the life and times of Yip Man. He was a master in 'Wing Chun' a form of chinese kung fu.Wiki says the films take lots of liberties with Yip Man's life for dramatic efforts.In the film he refuses to subjugate to the Japanese army which invaded China.The movies are interesting to watch and the fights are nicely choreographed.

PS: Bruce Lee was onE of the disciples of Yip Man.-Watch out for the very young and brash Bruce asking Yip Man arrogantly how much he has to pay for learning kung fu.[not the real Lee of course)

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
YIP MAN-PART 1 & PART 2 -Bluray

These are Cantonese language movies with English sub titles. The movies are about the life and times of Yip Man. He was a master in 'Wing Chun' a form of chinese kung fu.Wiki says the films take lots of liberties with Yip Man's life for dramatic efforts.In the film he refuses to subjugate to the Japanese army which invaded China.The movies are interesting to watch and the fights are nicely choreographed.

PS: Bruce Lee was onE of the disciples of Yip Man.-Watch out for the very young and brash Bruce asking Yip Man arrogantly how much he has to pay for learning kung fu.[not the real Lee of course)

cheers,
sri

Hey Eastwood,
When Bruce asked Yip Man the price for learning kung-fu did Yip reply that Bruce would have to teach him to cha-cha??

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back