The Movies I Liked

King Of The Evening(2010) - Nice period film with good performances

You will meet a Tall Dark Stranger(2010) - Somewhat disappointing end but quite watchable on the whole

Saw a Tamil movie that I liked quite a lot. Called 'KutraPirivu', the movie is about the often repeated police story. But what I liked was the realism that they showed, where the hero is shunted off, loses his girl friend to bullets, and does not go after the killers. Instead, he focuses on the task allocated to him of finding a bad element inside the police force. Throughout the movie, the hero is very human.

Very good acting by Srikant and PrithiviRaj.

Many people will not like this movie, but in my mind, it is worth seeing.

Cheers

Aadukalam-Tamil

Saw this movie recently.It was like reading a serious tamil novel.The director and the hero should be praised for their guts really.Though the core of the movie is the usual betrayal,love and human emotions its really some thing the way the director goes about his story telling.All the actors have done a really good job.Dhanush gives his best performance to date.Writer Jayabalan for a reluctant first time actor has done a great job.Though G V Prakash's 'aathe aathe' is more popular, i love the 'Otha sollale' song and the spontaneous dance the hero breaks in when the girl tells she loves him. Director Vetrimaran should be encouraged to give more meaningful movies like this.Its heartening to note that a movie like this is a biggest hit among the pongal releases.

cheers,
sri

Attachments

• 447px-Aadukalam.jpg
    447px-Aadukalam.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 98
Children of Heaven (1997) - IMDb

Its amazing how a movie can be made so beautifully with such a simple plot revolving around a pair of sneakers and its importance to the two poor sibling kids.

The movie goes from joy to despair to hope keeping the viewers engaged fully through the process.

A must watch (would rate it 9/10).

Oldboy (2003) - IMDb

A gut wrenching movie which is definitely not for the weak hearted. The movie will leave you gutted at the end with not just the gore but the underlying themes of cruelty and shock.

A truly amazing movie however some of the scenes may be vomit inducing.

Would rate it 7.5/10

Sud, agree with you. Children of Heaven is a such a simple movie that makes it a treat to watch.

I saw Tron. Looked and sounded fantastic on BR. The rest of the is mumbo-jumbo with no screenplay clarity - dreaming of better future, et al. My friend jokes that most disasters will start with the US - now that they are so convincing in their movies.

Hereafter (2010) - IMDb

from director clint eastwood and co producer spielberg

a drama about exploring life after death

good performances

little slow paced but still manages to hold your interest till the end

source: 720P rip/download with DD audio (was kind of amazed @ the quality of the download ) PQ very good @720P and flawless 5.1 DD Audio

A few movies that comes to my mind:
1. Forrest gump - a nice movie
2. Shawshank Redumption - a must watch
3. The Road - journey of a father and son in a post apocalyptic world
4. Children of heaven - A simple, beautiful Iranian film. (I think director Priyadarshan did a remake of the film in hindi but i haven't seen it.)
5. The song of sparrows - Another must see Iranian film
6. The color of paradise - Yet another Iranian
7. No man's land - Croatian, check film
8. Bandit queen -About Phoolan Devi
9. Benhur - Greatest story ever told about Jesus Christ. A must watch
10. Godfather 1 and 2

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back