The Movies I Liked

Excellent

I have seen Knock Out twice, it was excellent.

I am sure Sanjay, will like this movie much more.

V.

The other was Knock Out. Though lifted directly from The Phone Booth, the Director has not only Indianised the plot well, he has also ended up making a hero of the guy caught in the phone booth. Good acting by Irrfan and Sanjay Dutt.

Made In Dagenham (2010) Good Watch :)

Made_in_Dagenham_movie_poster_1.jpg

Little Fockers (2010) Sequels getting to be a drag now....:o

MPW-54578

Saw a Tamil movie today. All I can say is that the Director had a lot of guts to take this movie.

Titled Yudhham Sei, the movie is taken by a director called Mysskin. The title means 'make war'.

The movie revolves round the life of a spent policeman J. Krishnan or JK, as he is called in the movie. JK has lost his sister 3 months ago, and in spite of his best efforts, he is not able to trace her. The Police close the case, but JK is intent or finding out what happened to his sister.

Suddenly the police starts finding human body parts being left in cardboard cartons in strategic places across the city. JK, now part of CB-CID is forced to take up the case. As he starts investigating, he realises that this case is linked to his sister's disappearance.

Though halfway through the movie I could guess what was happening, that did not diminish the intensity of the movie or your agreeing with the steps taken by some of the protagonists.

A must see for those who understand Tamil. At the same time, let me warn you - this movie is not for the faint hearted. It dwells deep into the terrible depths to which a human being can sink into - for money on the one side, and for a loved one on the other.

I was really shocked by the role played by YG Mahendran. A semi-politician and a comedian, he has chosen to play a very dark role in this movie. But, he has played the role well.

A good week with three interesting movies. Let me see if I am this lucky over the next few days.

Cheers

Last edited:
guys...there s one movie that really touches chord anyone who appreciates passion for one s beliefs. You just have to watch 'The worlds fastest Indian'. No no..sad part is..its nothing about us Indians..its about an iconic marque of motorcycles older than Harleys..actually a competitor brand for Harley Davidson motorcycles. But its more about a man s spirit than about motorcycles...its an absolute must watch. Trust me, you must watch this today!!

Yes- this movie is really great. Sir Anthony Hopkins did amazing acting!

I felt that sound editing is great

Must watch - inspiring movie

watched these on sunday

1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010):- Must see for die-hard potter fans.

2) I Saw the Devil (2010) :- Korean movie, about a psycho manic serial killer and an interesting way of taking revenge by one of victims fiance. A must watch.

thanks for pointing out I SAW THE DEVIL have read very good reviews for this
was there subtitles and how is the audio DD/DTS???

also do chk out SHAOLIN (new) supposed to be good havent seen it as yet
Shaolin (2011) - IMDb

note --no subs for shaolin you need to fix subs seperately but works fine audio is xellent:)

This movie is very Violent and brutal...SAW series will look like kid stuff comparing to this. I watched DTS version with subtitles its excellent. It do reminds us SE7VEN at parts but stands on its own.

also do chk out SHAOLIN (new) supposed to be good havent seen it as yet
Shaolin (2011) - IMDb

note --no subs for shaolin you need to fix subs seperately but works fine audio is xellent:)

hello subash,

subtitles are there, but not sure about the audio 2.0 or 5.1, i often use "7 channel enhancer in reciever for 2.0", but the picture quality is very good

do not know if this is the right thread to post this
but still asking this doubt as most of movie folks are here,what does AAC audio stand for????
i understand its something of an advanced audio codec,but does it output 5.1 audio as good as DD/DTS??

AAc when played thro xtreamer / assus mini outputs only 2 channel or in prologic mode by default, which isnt good

am i missing anything here

do not know if this is the right thread to post this
but still asking this doubt as most of movie folks are here,what does AAC audio stand for????
i understand its something of an advanced audio codec,but does it output 5.1 audio as good as DD/DTS??

AAc when played thro xtreamer / assus mini outputs only 2 channel or in prologic mode by default, which isnt good

am i missing anything here

Have same problem with my WDTV Live.The solution to this could be (check the thread) http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/15385-playing-aac-audio-onkyo-3300-wdtv-live.html

The Tourist

The Tourist

Storyline

Elise (Angelina Jolie) sits next to an American tourist, Frank (Johnny Depp), on a train going to Venice. She has chosen him as a decoy, making believe that he is her lover who is wanted by police. Not only will they need to evade the police, but also the mobster whose money her lover stole.

The Tourist (2010) - IMDb

V.

Re: The Tourist

The Tourist

Storyline

Elise (Angelina Jolie) sits next to an American tourist, Frank (Johnny Depp), on a train going to Venice. She has chosen him as a decoy, making believe that he is her lover who is wanted by police. Not only will they need to evade the police, but also the mobster whose money her lover stole.

V.

i liked this movie kept me guessing till the very end

Re: The Tourist

The Tourist

Storyline

V.

The movie is not bad. But the moment we get to know that Angelina is an agent, the film loses its charm and suspense. If she is with the agency then why she burnt the letter rather than leaving it to the agency?. Beware even if you burn your secret papers, the police always have hi-tech forensic science handy.:rolleyes:

Watched Blackswan:

A ballet dancer wins the lead in "Swan Lake" and is perfect for the role of the delicate White Swan - Princess Odette - but slowly loses her mind as she becomes more and more like Odile, the Black Swan.

Black Swan (2010) - IMDb

A very good movie (Not for children).:clapping:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back