Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news. While the pricing is not reduced for the TV, now we are getting great freebies at slightly higher prices as below:

51D550 with 2x 3050 BT 3D Glasses for 66.5k
51D550 with 2x 3050 BT 3D Glasses and D5100 3D BR Player for 71k

which 3d glasses r those?...never heard of them or r they yet to be introduced New Models?...any added advantages of these new ones?

In my case there was nothing charged from custom's, Shop n Ship marked my package as "sunglasses".

Hey Awesome.:) Its gonna be a gr8 festive season :)

But one question, D5100 BR Player is only for 2D Blurays according to Samsung India site and doesn't support 3D blurays.
Make your TV Smarter - BD-D5100 - Blu-ray Player - Blu-ray | SAMSUNG

Hehe thanks a ton dude, I asked this specific question to the Samsung guy and he suggested that it is of course a 3D BR Player "as it is clubbed with 3D TV only". So as suspected, it seems to be a 2D BR Player without support for Wifi Dongle and DTS MA. Will edit my earlier post to make it as a 2D player unless we get some other conflicting info or if it can somehow play 3D BR through some firmware upgrade/tweaks.

which 3d glasses r those?...never heard of them or r they yet to be introduced New Models?...any added advantages of these new ones?
As indicated, yes. Trying to get more info on them. Model number suggests it may be inferior to 3100.

true if u go by that logic of model.no..& morever 3100gb is a proven value model with A1 excellent grade 3d rendition effect! Anyway, any further plans of starting the gb for 3100gb from the korean seller directly imported by u ?...perhaps u r in a dichotomy ,which is only but natural as like everybody else,just that expectation from u is lot more of executing a good deal! Whatever Thanks 2 u for executing the great d550 deal!

true if u go by that logic of model.no..& morever 3100gb is a proven value model with A1 excellent grade 3d rendition effect! Anyway, any further plans of starting the gb for 3100gb from the korean seller directly imported by u ?...perhaps u r in a dichotomy ,which is only but natural as like everybody else,just that expectation from u is lot more of executing a good deal! Whatever Thanks 2 u for executing the great d550 deal!
Yeah now that the glasses are being given at such low cost, I am bit skeptical if we would be able to meet a target of 50 glasses. But nevertheless I will start the thread and contact the seller accordingly.

Hmmmm. Better to confirm which BR Player, glasses they are giving. If its only 2D BR player then its better to stick to 66.5k offer for 2 glasses.

FYI letsbuy.com is giving 2 ssg-3100 glasses free for 68.5k inclusive of shipping all over india.

Hmmmm. Better to confirm which BR Player, glasses they are giving. If its only 2D BR player then its better to stick to 66.5k offer for 2 glasses.

FYI letsbuy.com is giving 2 ssg-3100 glasses free for 68.5k inclusive of shipping all over india.

Letsbuy.com Discount Code

Use the code < RCOMLB1 >, can be used with a minimum purchase of Rs 2000.It is subject to a maximum of Rs. 1,000. Not applicable on COD. Valid till 30 September 2011.

I don't trust Letsbuy.com as I am struggling to get proper support for the phone brought through them. First they denied giving freebies and later when I finally got a replacement after 2 months, they seems to have sent a refurbished phone for which they have NEVER responded after complained about the same!

The promised freebies they mention on the site may never get delivered as observed by me and some of my friends! If Samsung is giving 3100GB than we will also get it for 66.5k else even Letsbuy.com will give the same if we are lucky enough :)

Going by the experience of Manits case , I don't think so that Samsung guys were better of in any level of professionalism or customer service ,customer retention.
Wonder why some guys hv unnecessary inclination for Samsung on a forum website.
Also one should not pass judgement on lets buy.com on a Single isolated incident

Spoke to Samsung yesterday for the 3d glasses for d550 & they asked me to get SSG3300GR model. Will all the models work cos he specifically said only these.

I bought my plasma a week ago. There is a slight problem i m facing. Whenever there is a dark scene in the movie i see some bright flashes irrespective of the source whether its sattelite or flash drive. Is it normal in plasma. Is anyone else facing the same problem with der PS51D550. Pls help.

I bought my plasma a week ago. There is a slight problem i m facing. Whenever there is a dark scene in the movie i see some bright flashes irrespective of the source whether its sattelite or flash drive. Is it normal in plasma. Is anyone else facing the same problem with der PS51D550. Pls help.

Best would be that you call for the service engineer from Samsung

But i have read in the cnet asia user review tht the brght flashes in ps51d550 is a common problem in all the models. The bright flashes are very mild of very low intensity n visible only in dark scenes. The current owners of PS51D550 can u all pls check if u notice any such problem.

hey i have screen burn on my new samsung 51d550..though u need to take a spy eye to catch the burn in but still can any one help me .

^^ R u sure that there is Screen burin & Not Image Retention on ur tv?
Image Retention is "Temporary" which can be done away with various inbuilt Antiburn Screen Burn Protectiontools in the tv,..while Screen Burn in is "Permanent" & is a serious problem which might night be possible to ward off altogether...

However to reduce the possibility of screen burn, the d550 is equipped with various Screen Burn Protection Methods . For start, there is Pixel Shift screen burn prevention technology. Pixel Shift moves the picture slightly on the screen.The Time function setting allows you to program the time between movement of the picture in minutes.
Your TV also has the following additional screen burn protection functions:
?? Pixel Shift
?? Auto Protection Time
?? Scrolling
?? Side Gray

If u r unsure whether ur tv has IR or SB, try the above scrolling tool for 1-2 hours w/o break & then try to find the errors again which u earlier found.if u find the errors i.e sb again,repeat the above scroll tool but for much longer duration..& then chk agin..if u stil find something...its probably Screen Burn in!.However,if its Not so distinguishable, then dont panic & try 2 use r tv as normal with moderated pic settings.. last heard..many tough SB also gets resolved in time!

I agree. I have had good experience with Letsbuy.com
Check the thread on Letsbuy.com here, you would know that they are bad when there are issues. And I am aware of atleast 2 issues with my friends where they put freebies on the site and don't provide when you buy the product. Issues pending since past several months and they still don't know how to resolve! Fortunately my friends took screen shots of the listing page.

We atleast got Manit's issue resolved in 20 days with additional compensation for shipping cost. I can't expect Letsbuy.com to come even closer to that as they took almost 1 month to pick my defective phone (they asked for a DOA certificate after 15 days which is available through Samsung service centars only within 4 days of purchase. After multiple escalations and repeated followups on their twitter page, they finally agreed to replace without DOA certificate after more than 20 days), 11 days to send a replacement (again they sent to a wrong address despite confirming several times they sent to the right address!) and now struggling since past 17 days to resolve issues on the replacement.

Spoke to Samsung yesterday for the 3d glasses for d550 & they asked me to get SSG3300GR model. Will all the models work cos he specifically said only these.
Any 2011 BT 3D glasses will work with the TV. All are compatible.

Known issue as discussed on AVSforum.

^^ R u sure that there is Screen burin & Not Image Retention on ur tv?
Image Retention is "Temporary" which can be done away with various inbuilt Antiburn Screen Burn Protectiontools in the tv,..while Screen Burn in is "Permanent" & is a serious problem which might night be possible to ward off altogether...

However to reduce the possibility of screen burn, the d550 is equipped with various Screen Burn Protection Methods . For start, there is Pixel Shift screen burn prevention technology. Pixel Shift moves the picture slightly on the screen.The Time function setting allows you to program the time between movement of the picture in minutes.
Your TV also has the following additional screen burn protection functions:
?? Pixel Shift
?? Auto Protection Time
?? Scrolling
?? Side Gray

If u r unsure whether ur tv has IR or SB, try the above scrolling tool for 1-2 hours w/o break & then try to find the errors again which u earlier found.if u find the errors i.e sb again,repeat the above scroll tool but for much longer duration..& then chk agin..if u stil find something...its probably Screen Burn in!.However,if its Not so distinguishable, then dont panic & try 2 use r tv as normal with moderated pic settings.. last heard..many tough SB also gets resolved in time!

i donot understand 2011 tv with so much protection how did it happen even though i have completed my 100 hrs burn in period .it was reliance lobo of big tv.Should i call Service center guys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back