Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Prankey - I am also interested in the groupbuy. Please let me know the procedure for the same. Apologies if this is a redundant question as I am new to the forum.

Hey guys, any idea for what price i might get the Samsung 55D6600 3D LED if i wait till Dec or Jan. Can i get it less than 1.2L.

I am totally stunned by 2D PQ of D6600 which is incredible and also heard that 3D isn't as bad as other LEDs and pretty good.

I am still undecided about 51D550 plasma or 46D6600 or the more expensive 55D6600. Has anyone tested 3D on D6600 model? Is it bad compared to D550 plasma? Please help me on this regard.

Been offered the D550 for 62k. Just confused whether this is a better option or should i go for the U30d as i aint sure how much 3d will ever be used. Also will have to shell out 18k more for 4 pc 3d glasses.

^^^ congrats & kindly put a review on the glare/reflections in regards to your particular room conditions for day and evening viewing.

Hi Prankey and others.. as the other thread is almost inactive ,am posting it here.. One doubt about plasmas (and in particular this). Say, I want to see the SD channels from DTH in their native 4:3 format(to avoid stretching of picture
).So, I chose the same in TV.Now, it's obvious that there will be 2 vertical bars on either side.My, doubt is - will these bars cause the burnout of screen? (Used to do the same in LCD ,but in Plasma, will it be permanently burned out?)

@Prankey Any idea on the new prices for the month of September? I heard Sony has reduced their prices. What about Samsung and especially of 51D550 ?
I have worked out the best price for now at 64.5k
@Prankey - I am also interested in the groupbuy. Please let me know the procedure for the same. Apologies if this is a redundant question as I am new to the forum.
Best price revised to 64.5k. PM me if you are interested. TV is available for immediate delivery at Bangalore.

Hey guys, any idea for what price i might get the Samsung 55D6600 3D LED if i wait till Dec or Jan. Can i get it less than 1.2L.

I am totally stunned by 2D PQ of D6600 which is incredible and also heard that 3D isn't as bad as other LEDs and pretty good.

I am still undecided about 51D550 plasma or 46D6600 or the more expensive 55D6600. Has anyone tested 3D on D6600 model? Is it bad compared to D550 plasma? Please help me on this regard.
46D6600 is available for 1.09L and 55D6600 at 1.6L

I still feel 51D550 is a much better buy than D6600 especially if you also get a BR Player which will give you those missing features. LCD screens give more saturated colors and hence an immediate impression is very good, but it quickly fall once you notice those over saturating pictures which look unnatural and usually lack dynamic range and motion resolution offered by Plasmas.

Hi Prankey and others.. as the other thread is almost inactive ,am posting it here.. One doubt about plasmas (and in particular this). Say, I want to see the SD channels from DTH in their native 4:3 format(to avoid stretching of picture
).So, I chose the same in TV.Now, it's obvious that there will be 2 vertical bars on either side.My, doubt is - will these bars cause the burnout of screen? (Used to do the same in LCD ,but in Plasma, will it be permanently burned out?)

Should not do it during burn in period of 100 hours of so. You could monitor for any temporary burn ins after that. I believe modern plasmas from Samsung and Panasonic are not affected by burn ins especially permanent ones. Please discuss more on 51D550 discussion thread.

Hi all,
Just completed installation of my new 51d550 (Wall mount).Yet to fiddle with the menu settings.Will try to do that tommorrow. Purchase price 66k

Hi all,
Just completed installation of my new 51d550 (Wall mount).Yet to fiddle with the menu settings.Will try to do that tommorrow. Purchase price 66k

Hi,
Congratulating you on your new TV,looking forward to pics , views and settings,cheers

Got my PS51D550 3 days ago i m really happy with the tv. Great clarity. But the best part is the 3d awesome. I watched legend of flights, under the sea and rio n i was blown away. everything is popping out of the screen. Nearly 30 of my neighbours came to visit my place just to look at my new plasma n were blown away by the 3d.

Got my PS51D550 3 days ago i m really happy with the tv. Great clarity. But the best part is the 3d awesome. I watched legend of flights, under the sea and rio n i was blown away. everything is popping out of the screen. Nearly 30 of my neighbours came to visit my place just to look at my new plasma n were blown away by the 3d.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Got my PS51D550 3 days ago i m really happy with the tv. Great clarity. But the best part is the 3d awesome. I watched legend of flights, under the sea and rio n i was blown away. everything is popping out of the screen. Nearly 30 of my neighbours came to visit my place just to look at my new plasma n were blown away by the 3d.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congratulations on your purchase. Glas to hear good things abt the 3d as i had not even checked that before i bought it. Would be installing mine in a week.
How much did u get the glasses for? Cheapest i have been offered is 3.5k.

After a lot of confusion i have finally decided on 51D550. But will probably wait till October to get better offer.

Congratulations on your purchase. Glas to hear good things abt the 3d as i had not even checked that before i bought it. Would be installing mine in a week.

Yeah, infact Samsung is still unwilling to come down on glass price and still getting the best price of 4k right now.

We could probably look to source the glasses from outside India. I am sure if someone is traveling, we could arrange a group buy for glasses for him to get in bulk if logistics are permissible.

well my dealer gave me 1 glass free and a tata sky hd coneection with tv for 75000.
In market the price is 3.5k. Will be waiting for some light glasses in future as these glasses r still a little heavy.

Last edited:
@ kevin : well i got one 3d glass n a tata sky hd connection with my tv for 75k.
The market price 4 glasses is 3.5k here.
Will b waiting for some lighter glasses to buy n future coz these r still a little heavy for regular use. cant wear them for more than 30 mins.
Hope samsung comes up with lighter glasses at cheap price.

Yeah, infact Samsung is still unwilling to come down on glass price and still getting the best price of 4k right now.

We could probably look to source the glasses from outside India. I am sure if someone is traveling, we could arrange a group buy for glasses for him to get in bulk if logistics are permissible.

2 samsung ssg-3100 3d glasses available for 6.5k including customs and shipping on ebay global easy buy. seems cheapest available right now. 2 - Samsung Battery charged 3D TV Glasses SSG-3100GB (Rs. 6512)

@ kevin : well i got one 3d glass n a tata sky hd connection with my tv for 75k.
The market price 4 glasses is 3.5k here.
Will b waiting for some lighter glasses to buy n future coz these r still a little heavy for regular use. cant wear them for more than 30 mins.
Hope samsung comes up with lighter glasses at cheap price.

Price 4(four) Glasses for 3.5K:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back