Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an vendor in Ebay- Korea shipping the 3D glasses worldwide( free shipping) , all owners who are in need of glasses can negotiate for an better rate for huge quantity( if possible group buy :D)

Already I find his rate is reasonable. Link to the vendor shop : rarekorea ltd | eBay

Samsung SSG-3100GB 3D TV Active Glasses for 2011-4Pairs | eBay

Samsung SSG-3100GB 3D TV Active Glasses for 2011-2Pairs | eBay

WOW, this is excellent. We could certainly use this offer as its good enough even if we don't go for a group buy as the items are also insured and should come to us intact.

Indigo - you should check it out dude, seems to be an excellent offer especially for 4 pairs. I will try to check with the supplier for a group buy or source it through them to be sold locally in INR.

There is an vendor in Ebay- Korea shipping the 3D glasses worldwide( free shipping) , all owners who are in need of glasses can negotiate for an better rate for huge quantity( if possible group buy :D)

Already I find his rate is reasonable. Link to the vendor shop : rarekorea ltd | eBay

Samsung SSG-3100GB 3D TV Active Glasses for 2011-4Pairs | eBay

Samsung SSG-3100GB 3D TV Active Glasses for 2011-2Pairs | eBay

How much duty do we have to pay for these? Also there might be a problem of them getting stuck in customs office.

How much duty do we have to pay for these? Also there might be a problem of them getting stuck in customs office.

Further inputs will be given by Prankey who is OS of this thread... Just landed inbetween to help you guys... :)

Dont think this would be charged duty. The offer for 4 pairs sounds gr8. I am getting the price for these checked in thailand also.

If we buy only 2 pairs in one package and ask them to mark it as a gift then no duties i guess as value is less.

prankey,the prices for the glasses r best & fantastik for sure(just kind of what i was hoping for),...but two thing:
1) i dont need 4 pairs,rather interested in two pairs!
2) More over i wouldn't like to b stuck in customs as like majority of guys here by buying directly from international/korea ebay

So pal request to you,...in continuance of the best buy deal for the d550,...pls start a best buy deal or GB for BT 3d glasses & i am more than sure u would be getting much orders for the same(SSG-3100GB) soon,me included!

I really hope u contact this seller soon, & make the deal for affordable new samsung 3d glasses possible & worthwhile for purchase!

That would be real great from u! :)

prankey,the prices for the glasses r best & fantastik for sure(just kind of what i was hoping for),...but two thing:
1) i dont need 4 pairs,rather interested in two pairs!
2) More over i wouldn't like to b stuck in customs as like majority of guys here by buying directly from international/korea ebay

So pal request to you,...in continuance of the best buy deal for the d550,...pls start a best buy deal or GB for BT 3d glasses & i am more than sure u would be getting much orders for the same(SSG-3100GB) soon,me included!

I really hope u contact this seller soon, & make the deal for affordable new samsung 3d glasses possible & worthwhile for purchase!

That would be real great from u! :)
I did try buddy. I got another great deal for 43D450 for only 32.9k! But for glasses, could not get better than 4k deal. If we could buy about 50 through a group buy, may get reduced to 3.5k (though Samsung guy was not budging beyond 3.8k or so for such huge buy as well!).

I have bought items internationally through ebay US and except for once, didn't have customs issues. However, will continue trying to get the glasses legitimately for less in India only.

ok, change the seller, ...instead of ur Bangalore contact, try out the aforesaid Korea dealer & make for GB from that....yeah,the item may loose warranty(Not sure) but atleast we all would b getting the 3d glasses cheap. Morever i dont have a paypal a/c now nor willing to make a cc transaction for these!......

So best, if u can personally arrange for GB @ HFV by importing those glasses directly from the b4 mentioned source at the cheap rates & offer the same with some margin,...but all this only if u r interested to partake the ordeal.Do a IQ check for possible order potential if u feel unsure for a Go. To my presumption,(ppl/those still w/o the 3d glases) would be happily placing orders if they can get the same for dirt cheap prices offered by a responsible & trustable HFV member !

I did try buddy. I got another great deal for 43D450 for only 32.9k! But for glasses, could not get better than 4k deal. If we could buy about 50 through a group buy, may get reduced to 3.5k (though Samsung guy was not budging beyond 3.8k or so for such huge buy as well!).

I have bought items internationally through ebay US and except for once, didn't have customs issues. However, will continue trying to get the glasses legitimately for less in India only.

Hey when say customs issues once, what exactly? Did u get the item after paying duties or not get it at all? Paying 15-20$ as duties is not a problem for a 100$ purchase but i should get the item without hassles.

Hi Guys,

Buying from those Korean sellers through Ebay US is really a great deal. I had bought 2 pairs of Samsung SGS3500 for $109 using Aramex's Shop n Ship facility. Here is the breakup :
2 Pairs of Glasses: $ 109 = Rs 5079 (approx)
Shop n Ship charges = Rs 493
Octroi (in pune) = Rs 143
Total = Rs 5715

Although the Glass had to travel half way around the globe from Seoul Korea to New York to Dubai to Mumbai to Pune, by i received them within 12 days of my buying on Ebay.

Note: Skip the SGS3700 model, as the only difference between the 3700 and the 3500 model is that 3700 is wirelessly chargeable (but you will need to purchase charging station separately). In all other aspects 3500 is same as 3700. Its super light and can be worn over spects.

Been offered the D550 for 62k. Just confused whether this is a better option or should i go for the U30d as i aint sure how much 3d will ever be used. Also will have to shell out 18k more for 4 pc 3d glasses.

Hey...where in Mumbai were you offered 62K?

ok, change the seller, ...instead of ur Bangalore contact, try out the aforesaid Korea dealer & make for GB from that....yeah,the item may loose warranty(Not sure) but atleast we all would b getting the 3d glasses cheap. Morever i dont have a paypal a/c now nor willing to make a cc transaction for these!......

So best, if u can personally arrange for GB @ HFV by importing those glasses directly from the b4 mentioned source at the cheap rates & offer the same with some margin,...but all this only if u r interested to partake the ordeal.Do a IQ check for possible order potential if u feel unsure for a Go. To my presumption,(ppl/those still w/o the 3d glases) would be happily placing orders if they can get the same for dirt cheap prices offered by a responsible & trustable HFV member !
I believe we can get a group buy for about 50+ glasses from HFV. And I think through this Korean seller, we could look to buy the 3500 rechargeable glasses as I find them to be more durable, practical and stylish at slightly higher price.

I am looking to add about Rs.500 for courier within India and few hundred as my administrative fees for arranging the same ;)

Will shortly contact the seller to get the best pricing.

Hey when say customs issues once, what exactly? Did u get the item after paying duties or not get it at all? Paying 15-20$ as duties is not a problem for a 100$ purchase but i should get the item without hassles.
I was asked to pay Rs.1000 for a legitimately bought Laptop Battery from Ebay US after showing invoice copy of about 3.5k for the product (plus shipping). I incidently had only a Rs.500 note in my pocket and was not at all expecting the elderly customs official to ask for customs or BRIBE from me as he seemed to be a fatherly figure to me and was most helpful when I went to him.

I gave him that Rs.500 as was feeling most uncomfortable negotiating terms with such otherwise decent individual and honestly was shocked when he asked for the amount as it was a complete shocker for a small value personal transaction. He later promised not to hold my further purchase when they come from oustation and after that I have bought some similar value items which did get delayed by customs but were later released without charging any duties.

Honestly talking of this item (3D glasses), if we buy individually from the international seller we might have better experience with customs than taking a bulk shipment which will easily get highlighted by customs officials as it would be a commercial shipment if we follow that route.

Samsung announces Diwali Offers valid from Sep 15th.
Samsung Diwali gift Samsung Dussehra Gifts Dussehra and Diwali Gifts for Samsung Users

@Prankey I think after Sep 15th you can re-negotiate with your contact and get us a much better festival offer for 51D550 hopefully with 3d goodies. :)

Thanks for sharing the GOOD news. I will work with them to get the latest offer they can make.

in ebay Global easybuy,someone was selling the SSG-3100GB (2 pairs for Rs. 6305,one costing Rs 3152.5) link > 2 - Samsung Battery charged 3D TV Glasses SSG-3100GB (Rs. 6305) . But to note these r in open package "This is an open package item in like New condition" & the international seller has only 99.4% +rating. I think these r currently the lowest price i found for 2 units of these 3d glasses which 1 may purchase w/o taxing themselves of much trouble & have it the easy way!....NOt much sure myself, what do u guys say about this & such offers?

Again ,if i have to purchase the 3d glasses this way,i think x-mas would bring in better offer for this.

Also,there is a comparison of the 3d glasses > Samsung SSG-3700 vs. SSG-3100 review | AVForums.com - UK Online .Honestly cant guess which would be better for us budget conscious ppls!

Last edited:
Great news. While the pricing is not reduced for the TV, now we are getting great freebies at slightly higher prices as below:

51D550 with 2x 3050 BT 3D Glasses for 66.5k
51D550 with 2x 3050 BT 3D Glasses and D5100 BR Player for 71k

We are also getting 4 to 5 3D BRs with the TV and other regular benefits as per the documented offer for 45 days. And we have 0% finance offer.

Also, I would appreciate if someone could identify cost starting tomorrow (start of offer period) and see if we could get even better pricing than this.

We also get 3D sound bar extra with D6600 and above 3D LED TVs and also 64D8000 PDP.

These 3D glasses and BR player will be stocked shortly which are brand new models I am trying to find more info.

Last edited:
Great news. While the pricing is not reduced for the TV, now we are getting great freebies at slightly higher prices as below:

51D550 with 2x 3050 BT 3D Glasses for 66.5k
51D550 with 2x 3050 BT 3D Glasses and D5100 3D BR Player for 71k

We are also getting 4 to 5 3D BRs with the TV and other regular benefits as per the documented offer for 45 days. And we have 0% finance offer.

Also, I would appreciate if someone could identify cost starting tomorrow (start of offer period) and see if we could get even better pricing than this.

We also get 3D sound bar extra with D6600 and above 3D LED TVs and also 64D8000 PDP.

These 3D glasses and BR player will be stocked shortly which are brand new models I am trying to find more info. So essentially we are getting practically similar offer as the Rs. 20k 3D Starter kit for Rs. 6.5k only!!!

Hey Awesome.:) Its gonna be a gr8 festive season :)

But one question, D5100 BR Player is only for 2D Blurays according to Samsung India site and doesn't support 3D blurays.
Make your TV Smarter - BD-D5100 - Blu-ray Player - Blu-ray | SAMSUNG

Last edited:
in ebay Global easybuy,someone was selling the SSG-3100GB (2 pairs for Rs. 6305,one costing Rs 3152.5) link > 2 - Samsung Battery charged 3D TV Glasses SSG-3100GB (Rs. 6305) . But to note these r in open package "This is an open package item in like New condition" & the international seller has only 99.4% +rating. I think these r currently the lowest price i found for 2 units of these 3d glasses which 1 may purchase w/o taxing themselves of much trouble & have it the easy way!....NOt much sure myself, what do u guys say about this & such offers?

Again ,if i have to purchase the 3d glasses this way,i think x-mas would bring in better offer for this.

Also,there is a comparison of the 3d glasses > Samsung SSG-3700 vs. SSG-3100 review | AVForums.com - UK Online .Honestly cant guess which would be better for us budget conscious ppls!

I think if you are getting the price of 3.5k than that is a much better option with warranty which may cover for any accidental damage as I saw was the condition for last year's glasses (can someone confirm this by going through the warranty details)?

Hi Guys,

Buying from those Korean sellers through Ebay US is really a great deal. I had bought 2 pairs of Samsung SGS3500 for $109 using Aramex's Shop n Ship facility. Here is the breakup :
2 Pairs of Glasses: $ 109 = Rs 5079 (approx)
Shop n Ship charges = Rs 493
Octroi (in pune) = Rs 143
Total = Rs 5715

Although the Glass had to travel half way around the globe from Seoul Korea to New York to Dubai to Mumbai to Pune, by i received them within 12 days of my buying on Ebay.

Note: Skip the SGS3700 model, as the only difference between the 3700 and the 3500 model is that 3700 is wirelessly chargeable (but you will need to purchase charging station separately). In all other aspects 3500 is same as 3700. Its super light and can be worn over spects.

Customs didn't charge anything for the glasses?? Are 3d glasses duty-free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back