Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
i donot understand 2011 tv with so much protection how did it happen even though i have completed my 100 hrs burn in period .it was reliance lobo of big tv.Should i call Service center guys ?

Try following steps as suggested by Indiglo. If after doing that, you could not get the logo off, call the service center folks. While burn-in is not covered in warranty, you could make a fuss to get them replace the panel if it really is a burn in. Try keeping the pixel shift activated if you use the TV if you see static images like the Reliance logo for more than 2 hours continuously. That can also prevent temporary image retention. Discuss more on respective thread here.

u can only see logo only when it white screen and logo is in grey ghost image type .very faint.i just upgraded it to d2h so i never want 2 see reliance logo again.

it is Not that if u finish 100 hrs burin period, u r ready to go Scott free & configure all ur tv settings to the max....screen burnin period is Not water tight at 100 hours,ur tv may require 200 or even 500 hours for those hot new phosphoros to get settle down when they r mature enough not to cause such problems any more.However such issues r inherent in all plasma tv(&Not only d550) & they have a tendency to cause such issues if plasmatv r not viewed with certain precautions in few hundred hours preliminary hours.
btw, have u tried the built in scrollbars to get rid of ur tv Sb?...it would be best as the final step to leave the scrollbars running overnight for 10-12 hrs to make sure that ir or sb as u say them r clearedup!

i also do get some IR from time to time,but not something that doesnot go away!

I again don't think that the service guy could be of much help here,as for them such issues doesn't exists nowdays & more than helping you,the problem itself would be much of a surprising revelation to them which they might have never seen b4!

So,take everything all these co says with a pinch of salt & look proactively after ur tv as to save ur own good investment!

==========================
* 1 thing i often ask fellow Hfv members here is to post problems & other issues at the appropriate thread here > http://www.hifivision.com/television/17478-2011-samsung-plasma-3d-ps51d550-54.html .It still is the single largest depository of discussions & replies regarding the d550 at hfv,...but alas,my pleas falls upon deaf ears.This thread would have been best if it was cleared of all other issues,expect getting the Best Price for the 51D550 or its accessories!....i fail also to comprehend the inertia of mods here who might have understood what i 'm speaking of! .I honestly feel this thread needs some work!
===========================

Last edited:
dose image retention normal in Plasama tv ?and it goes with time ???
what may be cause can some one help me with energy saving settings in 51d550

dose image retention normal in Plasama tv ?and it goes with time ???
what may be cause can some one help me with energy saving settings in 51d550

As indicated by me and Indiglo, please discuss on the respective thread dude. Lets keep this one for best price discussion.

Me too, but I live in Hyderabad.

EDIT: Actually I just bought one from Reliance Digital on Road 12, Banjara Hills. After minimal bargaining, I got it for Rs 67,670 along with 2 free 3D glasses and an interest-free EMI plan. Can't wait to have it delivered & installed!

Last edited:
FYI everyone, most of you probably know already but the price of the Samsung BD-D5500 3D Blu-ray Disc Player has dropped to Rs 12,790 at Reliance Digital.

Last edited:
FYI everyone, most of you probably know already but the price of the Samsung BD-D5500 3D Blu-ray Disc Player has dropped to Rs 12,790 at Reliance Digital.

I believe it was always the same. Infact we might be able to get it at a lesser cost. Its just a basic 3D BR player which can not even decode DTS MA.

Prankey...I am in bargain hunt for 51D550...please count me in...for purchase at any moment from now..

count me in as well. me from delhi. is it possible to get the delivery from a delhi dealer???
and what is the latest offering in terms of price and bundled kit of 3d glasses and bd player??
thanks

I believe it was always the same. Infact we might be able to get it at a lesser cost. Its just a basic 3D BR player which can not even decode DTS MA.

The best 3D bluray player is getting a bluray drive on a pc and using a good software for playing bluray . With a good graphics card the performance pretty much beats all high end 3D bluray players. All nvidia graphics cards support hdmi 1.4a after firmware 265 onwards. Even older ones ones that only have a dvi port can use a dvi to hdmi cable and play 3d blurays with it :)

The best 3D bluray player is getting a bluray drive on a pc and using a good software for playing bluray . With a good graphics card the performance pretty much beats all high end 3D bluray players. All nvidia graphics cards support hdmi 1.4a after firmware 265 onwards. Even older ones ones that only have a dvi port can use a dvi to hdmi cable and play 3d blurays with it :)
I have a similar setup but the fan noise and power consumption do bother me at times. So my older 8800GTS will support HDMI 1.4a on the recent forceware release? I thought I needed a HDMI capable card.

Anyway, lets not divert from the topic on this thread.

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your reply. I want to play games at 1080P resolution PS51D550 model, and it will convert 2d to 3d. If he converts the stream of television, it turns out that he can give a picture of 1920x1080 at 60 fps the eye (1920x1080x120HZ) in the mode of conversion instead of the usual 24 frames, which transmitted directly via hdmi in 3D mode, right?

Hi Prankey,
Now,as Samsung themselves are giving 2 3D glasses free with this plasma as Diwali'11 offer , ur offer includes this also? And the price remains at 63K or has it got better? :)

I have a similar setup but the fan noise and power consumption do bother me at times. So my older 8800GTS will support HDMI 1.4a on the recent forceware release? I thought I needed a HDMI capable card.

Anyway, lets not divert from the topic on this thread.

Even with 8800GT you should use a DVI to HDMI cable and the new firmware will allow you to connect it with a hdmi1.4a tv, they are emulating hdmi1.4a protocols with the new firmware and the dvi port of nvidia is dual-link dvi and that supports bandwidth even more than hdmi1.4 cable does !! To play 3D Blurays you need to use a 3rd party software like PowerDVD11 or Arcsoft Total Media Theatre. Even audio is transmitted if you are using PCI Express slot through the dvi port to the hdmi input of the tv or home theater (But this audio transmission through dvi does not work in all cases though, you need to try out on your pc)

To play games you need to buy the nvidia 3dtv play software with it and though 3d gaming is possible on an 8800GTS you would be better off getting a 400 or 500 series card as even most powerful gpu's cringe with 3d gaming.

HDMI 1.4a supports Frame Sequenced 3D in 720p60hz and 1080p24hz. So games need to be played in 720p and movies 1080p. This is true even for PS3 and Xbox360 and all 3d capable devices.

I heard in Bangalore SP Road one can get a bluray drive for pc at 4k or even less. So i feel it would be the most vfm 3d bluray setup. :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your reply. I want to play games at 1080P resolution PS51D550 model, and it will convert 2d to 3d. If he converts the stream of television, it turns out that he can give a picture of 1920x1080 at 60 fps the eye (1920x1080x120HZ) in the mode of conversion instead of the usual 24 frames, which transmitted directly via hdmi in 3D mode, right?
Yes, for side by side 3D, etc or Frame Sequential 720p 3D. For Full HD, Frame sequential is currently restricted to 24Hz only.

Hi Prankey,
Now,as Samsung themselves are giving 2 3D glasses free with this plasma as Diwali'11 offer , ur offer includes this also? And the price remains at 63K or has it got better? :)
Its increased to 66.5k now. However Samsung lucky draw coupons and 10% DP and rest 10 EMI offer is available for 0% finance.

On Letsbuy.com price is now 65.1K with 2 3D glasses free with 5% coupon code ILUVLETSBUYHM
Thats a great offer after applying the coupon. Thanks for sharing. However there is still a catch that I have got a phone from them which was defective, they took 30 days to replace (15 days for to fro transit) and I have fresh set of issues on the replacement for which they only promised on Twitter to resolve quickly, but its almost another 30 days now and no update whatsoever! So Support can be a huge challenge with them if you don't get the right freebies or if there is any damage and defect and if you have to claim their 45 days guarantee.

Transit damage could be a big issue as we observed on this thread. When the TV will be shipped from Bangalore to Delhi or visa versa, if it gets damaged, you need to ship it back to source to get a replacement and hope to get a proper replacement next time. Particularly for Plasma its a big risk as I have realized and have stopped outside Bangalore members to order TV from Bangalore!

Its confirmed today that we will be getting 2x 3100GB glasses with the TV (unfortunately no free BRs as they are available only with 3D LEDs and 64D8000 PDP).

Also, negotiated a price of Rs.9.5k only for the D5500 3D BR Player!

Last edited:
Flipkart has this TV nw for 64.5K with 2 free glasses. 3 months and the price goes down drastically. Only consolation is that at least we saw this TV for 3 months !!

Go for it guys. Good TV.

what is the difference between the 3050 and 3100 glasses ? and which is better ?

I don't think anyone of us has an idea. I tried searching, but dint get any info. As of now 3100GB is given with the TV and as per the model number, most probably 3050 should be an inferior glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back