Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought D550. delivered yesterday. Waiting for the Service person for installation.

Price: Festival deal in Kerala - Rs. 61500/- (got quotes from 61K to 65K).

Dealer didn't have the 3D bundle. He will get it against orders it seems.

Folks outside Kerala, the price may come to other states for Diwali sales :-)

Wow that is an awesome price, pkr! I was wondering whether to wait for Diwali deals.

same happen with me in last diwali i was wating and new new offer keep on coming and end with nothing so decide this year and brought 51d550

Congrats dude, however you could have got it thru this group buy. There is no waiting period right now as they had about 16 when I checked about 5 days back. They delivered the TV to Manoj Apte within 2 days from our forum through this group buy who was very keen to get one.

And you don't need an electrician to CHANGE THE POWER CORD to ANY SPARE PC POWER CORD! That would give you a regular 5/6 Amps plug instead of the default which comes with the TV :)

You paid 3k more than you could have got thru us.

The TV requires a 16 AMP power cord because of the load. You will void your warranty if you replace the cable.

I do not think you will void the warranty because of the load. The rated power of this TV will be around 350 watts which translates into 1.5 amps which will be handled by the 5 amp plug point with ease. Well what I have considered is the peak power consumption when the screen is full white otherwise the average power/current requirement will be much lower. As an IEC socket is built on the TV I do not think there will be any problem in changing the cable.

The TV requires a 16 AMP power cord because of the load. You will void your warranty if you replace the cable.

Hehe, you are just not acknowledged the fact that a 16 amp cord is NOT REQUIRED. Its JUST A REPLACEABLE CORD, there is NO WAY YOU COULD VOID WARRANTY if you replace with a smaller plug cord as comes standard with any PC. You can use an adapter to connect it to a 5 AMP cord or change the cable. The TV won't go bust if you connect these ways, its JUST A POWER CONNECTION and the average power consumption of the TV is just about 200Watts just like any other PC!

I am using a very cheap power cord to connect with my 4+ years old TV and never had an issue. The original power cord which came with the TV was bigger and thicker which is obviously better than the one I use, however as long as my current one serves the purpose, I don't NEED the arguably better cable! I used the same cable to the 46C750 I bought last year, and except for a loose connection on the TV, I never had an issue when it was working.

Last edited:
bad ..we r moving to functional issues here...transfer them to the proper thread here >http://www.hifivision.com/television/17478-2011-samsung-plasma-3d-ps51d550-54.html . This is a Best price thread,request members to please stick to topic !!!

Bought D550. delivered yesterday. Waiting for the Service person for installation.

Wow....that's the sweetest deal i have seen/found anywhere...CONGRATS! :clapping:

Hehe, you are just not acknowledged the fact that a 16 amp cord is NOT REQUIRED. Its JUST A REPLACEABLE CORD, there is NO WAY YOU COULD VOID WARRANTY if you replace with a smaller plug cord as comes standard with any PC. You can use an adapter to connect it to a 5 AMP cord or change the cable. The TV won't go bust if you connect these ways, its JUST A POWER CONNECTION and the average power consumption of the TV is just about 200Watts just like any other PC!

I am using a very cheap power cord to connect with my 4+ years old TV and never had an issue. The original power cord which came with the TV was bigger and thicker which is obviously better than the one I use, however as long as my current one serves the purpose, I don't NEED the arguably better cable! I used the same cable to the 46C750 I bought last year, and except for a loose connection on the TV, I never had an issue when it was working.
You guys are probably right but I am not willing to risk a 65K investment just to save 300 Rs. Plus I am sure its there for a reason. My friend has a 46 inch Samsung LCD which came with the standard 5 amp plug so its not a Samsung standard practice to include 16 amp plugs for all their TV.

Moreover, the last time I tried this stunt (I plugged in a 16 amp plug into an adaptor to convert it into 5 amp plug for my blender). It worked alright but when I checked the adaptor after a week its innards were all melted out because of the load.

So, yeah, may be I am being paranoid but hey.. better safe than sorry.:D

How do u find the glare on the screen

How do u find the glare on the screen

The screen is really reflective. This is inspite of the fact that the only windows in the room are heavily curtained and all light in my living room is diffused and hidden from direct view.

You can really see yourself when the TV is displaying dark images. If you room has lights shining opposite the TV/ uncovered windows then this can be a deal breaker for you.

I have got an offer for the same at 62K plus they give a vacuum cleaner worth 5k with it.

This is a steal! Try to convince the dealer to give you a pair of 3d glasses instead of the vc.
On a related note, I believe the lower price has probably something to do with sales tax difference between states.

Dont know why its costly in Delhi....my friend wants to buy one and he visited Reliance electronics, The Electronics store, Croma and many brand stores.....they are still selling @ 72k - 75k

Even the seller who is ready to give it in 65k doesn't have any finance scheme he said if you want to avail that scheme which published in TOI you have to pay DOP price i.e. 75k and my friend wants to buy it in 0% finance.

Last edited:
Bought one last week in 72000 Rs from Jamshedpur Samsung dealer. It was available in ready stock. Here are Pictures taken in light and dark room.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrutkarsh/6099656118/in/photostream/
photostream

Last edited:
^ that's what i always said...& u guys never believe!...yes,it may appear reflective at those extra bright showrooms,...but not in the confines of ur home under normal lighting conditions..reflections if u find will b quite moderate & if u can even more adjust the room lightings..u may find those "purist" reflections all gone or blissfully unaware off ! :)

btw, i'm sad,..this thread has turned into "All-in-One" thread for the Samsungd550,when it's basically a Best price thread for the same & there is clearly a well defined thread for discussing "All" about the sammy 51d550 here >> http://www.hifivision.com/television/17478-2011-samsung-plasma-3d-ps51d550-54.html ,with Lot of user inputs & useful resources/links! Try that out,should b beneficial for those at crossroads of purchase!

@Prankey Any idea on the new prices for the month of September? I heard Sony has reduced their prices. What about Samsung and especially of 51D550 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back