Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping price aside,hows the feedback from plasma owners,is there the option for added warranty on the panel,tv,i dont mind getting a plasma ,but like everyone i want piece of mind

After lots of phone calls and arguments, dealer agreed to give me a new sealed packed TV he told me that he will open it in my presence only. BUT I'll have to pay remaining amount to get it as I have only paid 50k.

I have to wait to get my money refunded from Devi......Prankey told me that I need to coordinate Devi on my own......Not sure whether they will listen to me or not if they are not listening to Prankey.:sad:

I'll try my best to coordinate with Devi......lets see what happens......
Dude, I requested for your PARTICIPATION when I was fighting a lonely battle like it was my money they had :) I never expected you to do on your own. I spent 1 hour on Sunday and almost 2 1/2 hours today to get most of the amount. They have also agreed to pay for the to and fro transport (to give a total of 64k + 1k I refunded earlier). Now the question to get another 1k for the miscellaneous expense for which also they agreed to get the TV delivered at the last minute while you had already hired a vehicle. As we don't have record of the local transport, I believe we could accept this amount to close the issue. They are also taking a hit on this deal as they are loosing 2k additional amount anyway than what they had got from us.

The Samsung showroom in Bannerghatta road (opposite IIM) and the UNILET outlet in BTM near Udupi garden.

This is the best offer I could find in Bangalore. If someone knows of a better offer (in Bangalore) please post it here.
Lets resume our group buy for Bangalore as the rest 3 purchase through 0% finance went rather smoothly through Devi. There are about 16 quantity available there and they are willing to offer the same cost of 63k without 3D glasses till the end of August . As indicated, cost has NOT come down for this model, however we can get it around 64 to 65k after heavy negotiation from elsewhere. So I believe it would be wiser to wait for correction or go with the price of 63k if we could not wait longer.

I am expecting the price to drop by the end of September and better offers peeping from October.

u can also buy from same dealer near u r house
We don't have Vijay Sales dealership at Bangalore.

I have been scouting Bangalore for the best price for this TV for the last one week. The best I could find was 67000. Without the glasses of course. IMO, the few thousand extra is well worth the peace of mind.
I am waiting for a couple of stores to call me back. If anyone quotes lower I will update the same here.

Unilet has dropped the price to 66K. Seems to be the best he can do from his end.

All samsung offers at present(i.e giving soundbar free, glasses etc for led) all end on august 31st. Hopefully in September they will reduce the price or atleast give 3d pack free with every 3dtv(led n plasma). Lots of festivals are also coming up so i guess after september pricing is confirmed maybe Prankey can again negotiate a better deal for the group buy.

All samsung offers at present(i.e giving soundbar free, glasses etc for led) all end on august 31st. Hopefully in September they will reduce the price or atleast give 3d pack free with every 3dtv(led n plasma). Lots of festivals are also coming up so i guess after september pricing is confirmed maybe Prankey can again negotiate a better deal for the group buy.

Yes, that is what I had suggested. As of now the offer of 63k is valid till August 31st. They may increase the cost to around 64k temporarily from 1st September till about last week of September.

So if someone wants to buy it urgently, they can do it now or wait for a correction or better offer which should come by the last week or September or during festive season.

Dude, I requested for your PARTICIPATION when I was fighting a lonely battle like it was my money they had :) I never expected you to do on your own. I spent 1 hour on Sunday and almost 2 1/2 hours today to get most of the amount. They have also agreed to pay for the to and fro transport (to give a total of 64k + 1k I refunded earlier). Now the question to get another 1k for the miscellaneous expense for which also they agreed to get the TV delivered at the last minute while you had already hired a vehicle. As we don't have record of the local transport, I believe we could accept this amount to close the issue. They are also taking a hit on this deal as they are loosing 2k additional amount anyway than what they had got from us.

I never expected Devi to refund local transport expenses I just need the TV cost which is 63k + 2k shipping charges which they promised and asked me to send the TV back.

If they think that I would accept any amount according to their calculation then Its not possible.

They have agreed to pay that amount only then I sent the TV and refund was suppose to happen same day.....now its been 20 days still nothing happened. And after all this how can they deny to refund exact amount they promised......??

I never expected Devi to refund local transport expenses I just need the TV cost which is 63k + 2k shipping charges which they promised and asked me to send the TV back.

If they think that I would accept any amount according to their calculation then Its not possible.

They have agreed to pay that amount only then I sent the TV and refund was suppose to happen same day.....now its been 20 days still nothing happened. And after all this how can they deny to refund exact amount they promised......??
Wait for another one or 2 days. I will get a total of 64k from them. 1k I had already credited so it will close the issue entirely as you expect. You were asking for 3k extra for which I had an argument with them yesterday for more than 2 hours. Last night they have agreed to pay a total of 65k which include the 1k you have already got (and I had deducted when I gave them the payment). That is what I told you that I am trying to get around Rs.2k in addition to 61.8k they have already refunded. Only thing which is the confusion is for Rs.200 which they had returned less than what I had given them. I will most probably take from them while collecting the rest of the payment.

They have NO EXCUSE for delaying the matter. Yesterday when I asked again and told that it can not work that way, they suggested that the accountant had some audits and court cases pending because of which it got delayed. I wont buy such argument and hence not agreeing for outstation deliveries till they improve their reputation of resolving disputes on time.

Wait for another one or 2 days. I will get a total of 64k from them. 1k I had already credited so it will close the issue entirely as you expect. You were asking for 3k extra for which I had an argument with them yesterday for more than 2 hours. Last night they have agreed to pay a total of 65k which include the 1k you have already got (and I had deducted when I gave them the payment). That is what I told you that I am trying to get around Rs.2k in addition to 61.8k they have already refunded. Only thing which is the confusion is for Rs.200 which they had returned less than what I had given them. I will most probably take from them while collecting the rest of the payment.

They have NO EXCUSE for delaying the matter. Yesterday when I asked again and told that it can not work that way, they suggested that the accountant had some audits and court cases pending because of which it got delayed. I wont buy such argument and hence not agreeing for outstation deliveries till they improve their reputation of resolving disputes on time.

I have never asked for 3k more!!!!

Initially I transferred 64k(63k for TV + 1k for shipping) then Devi shipped the TV without paying the shipping charges so I had to pay it while receiving the TV. then when I shipped it back I paid shipping again.

Therefore I total spent 64 +2k(both side shipping) = 66k from which you refunded 1k means 65k is the amount and that is what I am asking for....I never ever included any local expenses....however they promised to ship it @ home......but all was lie......they never said any thing truth....whatever they said so far all was lie..

Samsung dealer called me today and asked that when am I going to get the TV delivered as they have arranged a new TV and if I wont take it they might sale it someone else and not sure when it will be available again

So I had to borrow money from my friend and got the deliveryI paid total 68k for thisIts sealed packed and brand new. Tomorrow morning it will be installed by Samsung engineer..

Samsung dealer called me today and asked that when am I going to get the TV delivered as they have arranged a new TV and if I wont take it they might sale it someone else and not sure when it will be available again

So I had to borrow money from my friend and got the deliveryI paid total 68k for thisIts sealed packed and brand new. Tomorrow morning it will be installed by Samsung engineer..

Congrats. You finally got the TV. Enjoy.:) And dont forget to post some pics n reviews.:clapping:

I have never asked for 3k more!!!!

Initially I transferred 64k(63k for TV + 1k for shipping) then Devi shipped the TV without paying the shipping charges so I had to pay it while receiving the TV. then when I shipped it back I paid shipping again.

Therefore I total spent 64 +2k(both side shipping) = 66k from which you refunded 1k means 65k is the amount and that is what I am asking for....I never ever included any local expenses....however they promised to ship it @ home......but all was lie......they never said any thing truth....whatever they said so far all was lie..
Manit - check your past post here, you had mentioned 3k as the transport expense. Also, they did try to get the TV delivered to your place if you remember. As I understood, it was a courier goof-up at Delhi probably as the cost they agreed from Bangalore was very less. But later they agreed to delivered, however as you confirmed, you had hired a vehicle by then.

I am not trying to defend the dealer as honestly, I don't wish to deal with them anymore after all the mayhem they created by delaying the payment without any reason after they learned of change of policy by Samsung to cover for transit damage (yesterday they indicated that the policy may change again). But lets be fair in criticizing the dealer as they are paying 2k additional to what they took for the sale (hopefully Samsung will cover this cost for them). If you are okay, I can transfer 61.8k which I got from them yesterday to your account. I will chase them for the balance amount to be given today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
I was not part of this deal, but was watching it closely...And the Manit's case today coming to an end today firmly reiterates Prankey's commendable efforts and dependability.
Really appreciate the way he handled it.(It's real hard to deal with dealers..if u have an experience). Well, with the major amount coming back, the issue had an happy ending :)
May prankey give such wonderful deals for us atleast in Bangalore :)

PS:Prankey did u ask about extended warranty for this plasma?

Dude,

Atlast you got your TV and payment is also ready to Xfer though a little amount is pending.
Good to see you got your TV. Congrats!!
Forget the pain. Bring some cool movies and enjoy the time. I have been watching your painful story right from begining and today it has an end almost.

Cheers
Siva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back