Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get 3d starter kit and 51D550 combined for 70k then it would sell like hot cakes.
HOLD IT DUDE! We need to sort issues with Manit before talking any thing else with the Samsung Rep. I need to hold them responsible for creating such UNEXPLAINABLE MESS!

Hi Prankey,

Today I again followed up with Devi......as u told me I called sales head again today....he said "As I told you earlier I have no info. regarding your TV so contact the person who purchased it and do not call me regarding this as I can't help."

I sent you an e-mail regarding this on Sunday as well not sure you got that or not.

Please suggest!

Just saw the email. You should have called me immediately if he said so. Nevertheless, lets not smell any fraud here as they are just being ABSOLUTELY UNPROFESSIONAL in resolving matters as Samsung rep promises.

EVERY DAY I AM FOLLOWING UP WITH SAMSUNG and till yesterday they were claiming that if the transfer do not happen till yesterday, they will deliver cash to my place to pass to you, however now they took my account details AGAIN yesterday which CONFIRMS they didn't do ANYTHING before while the Samsung rep kept claiming they have already initiated the transfer.

And I don't understand this RUBBISH of Devi not honoring your calls. No ONE purchased for you. It was a transaction between you and Devi and I just passed the amount to them once the TV was delivered to you.

This is the reason folks, I am suggesting not to RUSH on purchasing through them till they are sensitized of the GROSS IRREGULARITIES they are doing by promising something and NOT delivering on the same despite all sort of assurance and fake updates!

Last edited:
I didn't want to disturb you that's why I don't call you for these things. You already spent lots of time n efforts in this transaction. I really feel embarrassed bothering you again and again. :sad:

I m sorry because of me and my wrong decision you have to go through all this and have to waste your time and energy.:sad:

But I don't have any other option besides bothering you :sad:

I didn't want to disturb you that's why I don't call you for these things. You already spent lots of time n efforts in this transaction. I really feel embarrassed bothering you again and again. :sad:

I m sorry because of me and my wrong decision you have to go through all this and have to waste your time and energy.:sad:

But I don't have any other option besides bothering you :sad:

Don't worry I am chasing them every day and treating this just like any transaction I would have done myself. Most probably they should give the refund within 2 days now. Once this is done, I will do a 360 degree with them to understand if its really worth dealing with them especially for outstation transactions. Best can be to go for 0% finance option and take local Bangalore delivery.

hey praney had u face such situation before is it a con of group buy?
This is the way they function! Strange but a fact. Not a con of group buy, they are extremely bad in keeping commitments and do not value their own words.

Today i went to 2 different Samsung stores and i was offered Rs. 75000.

guys what the best in store walk in price of the 51D550 ?

Today i went to 2 different Samsung stores and i was offered Rs. 75000.

guys what the best in store walk in price of the 51D550 ?

By default you wont get a better price than the "Minimum Operating Price" or "Dealer's Price" of 75k. We need to bargain hard for a better price. Most of the stores talk of their policy of not going below MOP as it is illegal as per Samsung terms and conditions especially for a store. So we need to resort to such group buy or online sale.

sure i understand that. i would have loved a group buy if i was in bangalore. i was trying to figure out what is the least anyone has paid after negotiating/bargaining in a store/walk in purchase...

In compare india the price is shown as around 65k in the ncr area one shop in gurgaon and another in sarojini nagar

sure i understand that. i would have loved a group buy if i was in bangalore. i was trying to figure out what is the least anyone has paid after negotiating/bargaining in a store/walk in purchase...

I understand that. I am doing my best to work with a RELIABLE Samsung contact to directly source the products locally across India.

Manit's update - I talked with senior manager at Devi and he has assured to transfer funds by tomorrow. Not sure if it will actually happen, but will keep following up as much as possible.

if you could source a "RELIABLE Samsung contact to directly source the products locally across India", then i would be keen on a group buy.

Do update us if you are able to do something on this. :)

Hmmm. I am gonna be away from Bangalore for few weeks for work purpose. But sometime in September i am surely buying PS51D550 so count me in for a group buy :-)

Also in amazon the tv is available for around 900$ and 3d bluray player for 118$ and each 3d glass for as less as 37$ !! I am sure if we all join and bargain hard we can get TV+3d pack for 70k or less in bangalore.

Even on ebay global easy buy 3d bluray player bd-d5500 is available for 8k inclusive of customs n shipping and 2 ssg-3100 glasses for 6.5k !!

Last edited:
In compare india the price is shown as around 65k in the ncr area one shop in gurgaon and another in sarojini nagar

i was offered ps51d550 at 65k at Jumbo electronics at ambience mall vasant kunj.... instant delivery.....and 20k for bdp + 2 pair of glasses
cheers

@manit Dude is your issue settled? And in all that mess did you find time to test your tv? after all issues are resolved please post some pics and videos( very hard to find of this model elsewhere). thanx. have fun bro :-)

Hi Madhav,
I can post few pics of PS51D550 and video taken thru my Nikon DSLR,but considering the resolution of most of our PC's, the conclusion on PQ should not be based on pics and video .
However if you want certain pics under a specific parameters,do mention and I will try my level best to help you.
However I will go ahead and post pics taken few days back in next 24 hours.
Cheers

I m still waiting for refund..I was delaying delivery of the TV I purchased, I paid 50k in advanceyesterday seller called me and I said that within two days Ill take delivery.he said if money is the issue then you can take delivery and give remaining amount later.

I took delivery yesterdayand again Samsung engineer came and table mounted itbut it wasnt looking like a brand new TV.had plastic foil removed from frame, lots of dust and wear sings and when I switched it on.it was running in store demo mode means dealer has sent TV which was on demo for more then a month in his store. When I visited his storeit was not there obliviously on that he said he didnt sent that to me and it was sold to someone else who took the same TV from display. And he said that they just opened it to check and it came yesterday only as it is from Samsung so he cant help in this case and I need to contact Samsung. I was very annoyed and took the TV back to dealer but again he denied giving replacement as he said that all details has been sent to Samsung and only Samsung would now be responsible. :sad:

Again I got stuck in new issue when I contacted Samsung they said contact Dealer. :sad:

Last edited:
Hi manit,
Sad that such a thing has happened. Try to make the best out of the situation and work out some solution by taking prankey's help.TC
Hi Umesh,
Thanks. Try to get pics under under normal ambient lighting condition. Try adding a few with SD input. Also i would appreciate videos as they did not have a demo piece in any of the stores in went to and i want to see a video. Thanks.

if you could source a "RELIABLE Samsung contact to directly source the products locally across India", then i would be keen on a group buy.

Do update us if you are able to do something on this. :)
Will certainly do once Manit's issue is resolved.

Hmmm. I am gonna be away from Bangalore for few weeks for work purpose. But sometime in September i am surely buying PS51D550 so count me in for a group buy :-)

Also in amazon the tv is available for around 900$ and 3d bluray player for 118$ and each 3d glass for as less as 37$ !! I am sure if we all join and bargain hard we can get TV+3d pack for 70k or less in bangalore.

Even on ebay global easy buy 3d bluray player bd-d5500 is available for 8k inclusive of customs n shipping and 2 ssg-3100 glasses for 6.5k !!
Glasses can come less than that if I could first get Manit's issue resolved before that.

I am positive we can get the TV + 3D pack at 70k during the 4th quarter (especially around Diwali).

@manit Dude is your issue settled? And in all that mess did you find time to test your tv? after all issues are resolved please post some pics and videos( very hard to find of this model elsewhere). thanx. have fun bro :-)
Not yet. I was promised yesterday night that the amount will get credited today, but no update till now. They didn't receive my calls when I called, so its still the same.

Hi Madhav,
I can post few pics of PS51D550 and video taken thru my Nikon DSLR,but considering the resolution of most of our PC's, the conclusion on PQ should not be based on pics and video .
However if you want certain pics under a specific parameters,do mention and I will try my level best to help you.
However I will go ahead and post pics taken few days back in next 24 hours.
Cheers
Thanks dude. Please post on the discussion thread.

I m still waiting for refund..I was delaying delivery of the TV I purchased, I paid 50k in advanceyesterday seller called me and I said that within two days Ill take delivery.he said if money is the issue then you can take delivery and give remaining amount later.

I took delivery yesterdayand again Samsung engineer came and table mounted itbut it wasnt looking like a brand new TV.had plastic foil removed from frame, lots of dust and wear sings and when I switched it on.it was running in store demo mode means dealer has sent TV which was on demo for more then a month in his store. When I visited his storeit was not there obliviously on that he said he didnt sent that to me and it was sold to someone else who took the same TV from display. And he said that they just opened it to check and it came yesterday only as it is from Samsung so he cant help in this case and I need to contact Samsung. I was very annoyed and took the TV back to dealer but again he denied giving replacement as he said that all details has been sent to Samsung and only Samsung would now be responsible. :sad:

Again I got stuck in new issue when I contacted Samsung they said contact Dealer. :sad:

That is what I have been thinking. Based on the experience I have been through ALMOST ALL THE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS dealers and sales people are BAD with keeping commitment and we have to chase them for mundane issues. Now, best you could do is to hold the rest of the payment and push the dealer and Samsung to replace with a Brand New TV. You could get it certified by Samsung Engineer that the TV was indeed a Demo piece and they can go to the Service Mode to let you know the hours it has run.

Take a snapshot of service mode where it tells how much the TV has run and ask the Dealer how would a brand new TV have such run time.

I am still chasing these folks. Yesterday Devi Sales executive had called to confirm that the amount will get transferred to my account in the morning, however as usual, NOTHING HAPPENED and they didn't pick my phone.

I have returned the TV back to seller so I cant check how long it ran.....I have paid 50k already.....and had huge argument with dealer.as I was already frustrated by last TV issue..He clearly said that either take the same TV back or do whatever you want to.I cant believe how can they people be so rude after selling the product:sad::sad:

I think this T.V is not in my destiny :sad::sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back