Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prankey,

Please update with current status.

Thanks!
Its finally billed to the dealer (I have gone off it billing it to myself due to stock issues and deferred commitments, will pitch in once we have ample stock and Samsung can honor its commitment better) and they are trying to delivery to the courier folks for tonight. Max by tomorrow it should leave from Bangalore.

I will let you know the courier details once I have it.

Hi prankey, can you give me update on the progress.
I am trying to arrange another quantity for you. However as Manit was waiting for long, I had to prioritize his shipment. Once your TV is arranged, I will immediately deliver to your Friend's address to avoid shipping and Octroi charges.

Thanks!

Have you included 3D Glasses? I m sorry but I did not get that it billed to yourself.....the bill would be on my name right?

Please provide me courier details!

Again thanks so much for helping me!

Thanks!

Have you included 3D Glasses? I m sorry but I did not get that it billed to yourself.....the bill would be on my name right?

Please provide me courier details!

Again thanks so much for helping me!
Yes its billed to you from the Dealer (I was trying to avoid the Dealer as he was cribbing for reduced margin and did not wish to ship outside Bangalore). Still trying to contact the Samsung contact to get shipping details. I had told them to include the glasses so we do not have to ship it separately. Will update once I have an update.

Hi Prankey,

Any update regarding shipping details.....

Hi,
Hoping you get yr tv by this weekend , so that you can really enjoy this model of Samsung plasma.
I had the Samsung service team to do a complete demo at my home and ,looks like I hv the whole night awake session tonight.
cheers

Hi Prankey,

Any update regarding shipping details.....

Samsung contact was not receiving my calls so I contacted the Dealer contact to update on the shipment and if 3D glass was dispatched. He said that there was an "Audit" going on the shop so could not send to the courier company! He has promised to send the TV to the courier in the morning and update me accordingly.

I have asked him to open the box and properly put the glasses inside so they do not get damaged during transit.

Now we will have to wait till tomorrow for the dispatch details. Will follow up again tomorrow afternoon.

Guys - This is taking too long and my idle hands did some research and found a new Panny on the block - VIERA TH-P50X30D.

http://www.panasonic.co.in/wps/portal/home/products/digitalav/tv/vieraplasmatv/xseries/p50x30d

Its not Full HD and 3D but at a price of 58K seems a good buy being a new model and all. Can the experts here do a quick comparative review of features and let me know if the product is not too way off ? And its supposed to be with a 3 year warranty as well !!

Appreciate the help as I've to take a call on this tomorrow as the local dealer who's managed to get some stock of Samsung product wants an advance since stocks are limited.

Can any body give their opinion between Pana 50U30D vs Sam 51D550. The price difference is about 3K, Pana-66k vs Sam-69K. To me samsung display looked cool. But a more technical advice on PQ difference will be appreciated.

Sorry for Off topic query.

Can any body give their opinion between Pana 50U30D vs Sam 51D550. The price difference is about 3K, Pana-66k vs Sam-69K. To me samsung display looked cool. But a more technical advice on PQ difference will be appreciated.

Sorry for Off topic query.

Sunilraj, lets keep this thread for pricing and buying decisions. Also, in Bangalore I have got the best price as 63k only for this TV and in my opinion its better placed than U30 both in terms of features and picture quality (panels are comparable, but Samsung has better picture processing and 3D as I have seen).

If you wish, you could get yourself added to the group buy list. We are hoping to get more stock later this week to clear the backlogs.

Guys - This is taking too long and my idle hands did some research and found a new Panny on the block - VIERA TH-P50X30D.

http://www.panasonic.co.in/wps/portal/home/products/digitalav/tv/vieraplasmatv/xseries/p50x30d

Its not Full HD and 3D but at a price of 58K seems a good buy being a new model and all. Can the experts here do a quick comparative review of features and let me know if the product is not too way off ? And its supposed to be with a 3 year warranty as well !!

Appreciate the help as I've to take a call on this tomorrow as the local dealer who's managed to get some stock of Samsung product wants an advance since stocks are limited.
There is no comparison between HD Ready and Full HD Plasmas. Even U30 is inferior as I have understood. Only benefit of Panasonic is 3 years panel warranty.

However a difference of 5k can not justify going for HD ready models. Infact Samsung's comparable and arguably better 51D490 should be better and much cheaper than Panasonic.

Particularly looks, picture processing and media playback functionality should be better on Samsung.

Hi guys,
just to add further to what Prankey is saying,since ,i hv been using. SAMSUNG d550 plasmafor last few days,the HD chanels thru. Tata Sky dth have an altogether new meaning.
Therefore if any member who has a decent budget for buying a TV ,should always consider buying. Full HD specification.
I also understand that this year Wimbledon final is to be telecast in 3D.
Cheers.

Guys picked up my free active 3D glasses just now.

It was a sealed box model # SSG-3100GB mrp Rs 4900.00 and i was billed for Rs 1.00 only.will review it later once i reach home.again thank you prankey and i hope all u guys get ur tv ASAP

Last edited:
Congrats on getting yr3d glasses.will look forward to the 3d review.and then I will also accordingly decide,till then enjoying D550 in 2D ver only.cheers

Congrats on getting the glasses. Is that the rechargeable one at mrp5900?
I was told glasses for the samsung will cost 3100 here for additional pieces, don't know which model no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back