Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi prankey, I have time till sunday.
monday morning my friend is again coming to mumbai. Please see if it can be delivered before that.
Yes he has the address already. Seems he is happily giving the TV to dealers who are selling at 75k and are still running out of stock so I am hoping he do not take us like second citizens after offering huge discounts (initially he thought no one will buy this TV being a lower end plasma :)). I just called him and he dint pick the phone. However as per his commitment, Manit's TV should be dispatched by tomorrow. Lets see how it goes. Sending him an SMS checking on the stock. I was surprised when he said yesterday that stocks are exhausted.

I will do my best to take additional TV for you as I have already got the payment. I will refund 1k for shipping I took from you once the item is successfully delivered at Bangalore.

Also, the TV is heavy (around 30kg) so hope your friend do not have to pay for excess luggage :)

So we have trouble of Octroi in other cities as well. Let me know if there is anyway Mumbai and Pune folks can take the delivery from Bangalore somehow if some friends and relatives are travelling. You could save Rs.2k towards transport and also save on Octroi charges (if we could not avoid it somehow).

hi,

It is very good to learn that many forum members are happy with this TV. Any one from Bangalore willing to extend an invitation to me to get a first hand experience, may send a pm or prankey may suggest, where can I get a demo of this in a show room at Bangalore.

cheers,
It was available in Bangalore for demo during last weekend. Check with Shiv if he is okay for you to peep in his home for a demo ;)

Now it seems its gone from the showrooms (I called several showrooms yesterday to see if they have in stock as advised by Samsung so they could take the stock from them and deliver to us).

what model are the 3D glasses? 3100? or something else?
Yes I believe its 3100 only, though Samsung thinks its "different" for plasmas. They were going to confirm on this today. Will update once I get the update. Once confirmed, Shiv should get one shortly.

Rest assured, I am doing my best to moderate and coordinate this GB so the Samsung Sales guy do not leave us hanging anytime.

Prankey & guys - Since this Smasung TV is taking too long to come by, I'm planning on buying a modest budget LCD/LED TV (32") immediately. I will shift the same into my kids room later. Here's the catch. I dont want to spend more than 20-22K on this. Can you guys help me with options. I'm not really worried about the brands(though don't want Videocon, Akai and the like) will stick to Toshiba, Samsung, LG. and Philips ?

I know this is wrong forum for this but this is the best place I could get knowledgeable opinions. You can PM if you don't want to mess this board. Thanks in advance. I want to make this purchase latest by tomorrow.

Prankey & guys - Since this Smasung TV is taking too long to come by, I'm planning on buying a modest budget LCD/LED TV (32") immediately. I will shift the same into my kids room later. Here's the catch. I dont want to spend more than 20-22K on this. Can you guys help me with options. I'm not really worried about the brands(though don't want Videocon, Akai and the like) will stick to Toshiba, Samsung, LG. and Philips ?

I know this is wrong forum for this but this is the best place I could get knowledgeable opinions. You can PM if you don't want to mess this board. Thanks in advance. I want to make this purchase latest by tomorrow.

Sansui is one brand which gives HD Ready 32" LCD TVs around 18k. I can check on Samsung HD Ready Model if you are interested. Or do you want Full HD 32" TV (wont make much difference in terms of Video picture quality at such size, however if you want to use as a PC Monitor, will certainly make difference.

As per my conversation yesterday - Manit's shipment was promised for Monday, however he has told to hold for more stocks to come this week (has indicated that more ample quantity is coming in 4 days). There is a lot of back orders in Bangalore and that is the reason he backed last week due to local dealer pressure. I called him twice today, no reply :(

Gigy, what time is your friend leaving tomorrow? Will he travel again in the next few days? I got info that only 2 were arriving yesterday. If the rest can give booking amount, I could raise a PARTS ORDER for us to get priority delivery as more quantity will come for us in the coming 2 weeks.

My friend will be taking the first flight at 7am. Cant say when is the next trip.

Hi prankey,
I understand both manit & gigy have transferred the sum in advance....It puzzles me why your contact is unable to processing their orders in certain terms?

Hi Prankey,

Presuming that this is still on (once stocks are received). If yes, please add me also to the 'confirmed' list. Am in Bangalore and can pay personally/CoD. Thanks much.
-------------------------------------

My other problem is what to do with existing TV? I have a 30 inch working Samsung CRT Visionplus TV, 10 years old, which this new TV will replace. Is there someone/place to sell the old TV? If buying from dealer, that problem is solved since there is generally an exchange scheme (and I guess I'll get anywhere between Rs. 1000 to Rs. 5000 on exchange scheme depending on dealer/brand). Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks much!

Hi Prankey,

Please let me know the status.....I hope it has been shipped.

Thanks!

I am told the shipment was held at Chennai and should arrive late tonight. As soon as it comes, will be shipped after getting billed through the Dealer by tomorrow. Also the lead time for shipment to Delhi is about 5 days.

I went to few Dealers to check on the stock availability and the situation is same everywhere. They got stock same time we got Shiv's TV delivered and it got exhausted within next few days when we were working on resolving Shipping issues.

They do have 64D8000 and selling them for 2.2Lac with one glass. I have got the best price of 1.93 Lac for 64D8000. I am also trying to talk with a B2B contact to get bulk 10 quantity delivered in the least time. Doing my best, but this model has become high in demand and is currently one of the most sought after model in Bangalore. Hopefully later this week we should get more ample quantity through my B2C contact as well without any Purchase Order.

Hi prankey,
I understand both manit & gigy have transferred the sum in advance....It puzzles me why your contact is unable to processing their orders in certain terms?
STOCKS is the main concern now. Rest all have got sorted. However while we were sorting Courier issues, stocks got exhausted and now waiting for the next lot to arrive tonight (it was supposed to arrive by Saturday but got delayed in Chennai).

Hi Prankey,

Presuming that this is still on (once stocks are received). If yes, please add me also to the 'confirmed' list. Am in Bangalore and can pay personally/CoD. Thanks much.
-------------------------------------

My other problem is what to do with existing TV? I have a 30 inch working Samsung CRT Visionplus TV, 10 years old, which this new TV will replace. Is there someone/place to sell the old TV? If buying from dealer, that problem is solved since there is generally an exchange scheme (and I guess I'll get anywhere between Rs. 1000 to Rs. 5000 on exchange scheme depending on dealer/brand). Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks much!
You can talk to the local dealer and take it as a regular purchase under exchange. Also, I have direct contact with the second hand buyer/dealer in Bangalore and you could talk with him directly to hopefully get better price for your TV (these days, hardly any cost for CRT TVs, better to keep it with you).

Updated queue:
1. manit_goel (Delhi) (payment received)
2. gigy (Mumbai) (payment received)
3. harsha.chelikani (Hyderabad)
4. DIVASMMM (Hyderabad)
5. pkr (Kochi)
6. dhanakm (Chennai)
7. jayan007 (Pune)
8. chetzy (Pune)
9. Karthi (Trichi)
10. dimbo_jack (Mumbai)
11. Adityap (Pune)
12. pmkpal (Thane)
13. ManiJ

Would have been interested in this. But bought the LG PK550 6 months back.. Wish I had waited for sometime. :(

hey Prankey,
hats off to you,for doing such a wonderful job for so many members at hfv.im sure you must be really going out of the way just to manage this model and that to for a excellent price,and i hope the full lists of members dont forget to thank him personally.well i too am very much interested but not as of now.but i will surely buy it from you.dont forget me & keep up the good work...:clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back