Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done the internet transfer, rest is with icici and axis as to when they will exchange.:)
Man this is the fastest AV purchase i have done. hope i get it.
I got few speakers through TNT without that thing added. He just asked me to wait for one more day , i dont know whats the logic.

Last edited:
Prankey - Base price as in BLR is available here apparently based on the price I've got. Octroi you will not be able to avoid if billing is done within Mumbai city. If you can arrange for the Samsung guy to give the glass as offer, its a done deal at around 67K in Mumbai. :yahoo:

Of course I've not checked with the dealers on stock, but if there's a Samsung commitment on the glasses, then that is a formality and I can check immediately.:)

Prankey - Base price as in BLR is available here apparently based on the price I've got. Octroi you will not be able to avoid if billing is done within Mumbai city. If you can arrange for the Samsung guy to give the glass as offer, its a done deal at around 67K in Mumbai. :yahoo:

Of course I've not checked with the dealers on stock, but if there's a Samsung commitment on the glasses, then that is a formality and I can check immediately.:)
I believe at 67k we can certainly ship and take care of octroi.

Billing will be from Bangalore, so do you mean we won't have to pay octroi as per your statement "Octroi you will not be able to avoid if billing is done within Mumbai city"? Or is it the other way round?

Please confirm as this is the first time we are doing this effort :) Appreciate your help in closing this thru.

I have done the internet transfer, rest is with icici and axis as to when they will exchange.:)
Man this is the fastest AV purchase i have done. hope i get it.
I got few speakers through TNT without that thing added. He just asked me to wait for one more day , i dont know whats the logic.
So you mean to say TNT took care of octroi and avoided it somehow? I can talk with them if that is the case.

Thanks for the transfer. I would update once I get the credit and move you up the queue accordingly. Will refund if stocks are delayed (after confirming with you).

I believe at 67k we can certainly ship and take care of octroi.

Billing will be from Bangalore, so do you mean we won't have to pay octroi as per your statement "Octroi you will not be able to avoid if billing is done within Mumbai city"? Or is it the other way round?

Please confirm as this is the first time we are doing this effort :) Appreciate your help in closing this thru.

Prankey - No. What I mean is that the 63K price translates to approx 67K with octroi in Mumbai. Billing within Mumbai means that the item will be octroi paid. So unless 63K was with octroi considered (highly unlikely) addidng 5.5% extra to that will be nearly 66.5 (round 67K) in Mumbai city

This price (67K) I'm already getting from a dealer locally(not checked on stock though). What I'm not getting however is the free specs(glass) in that price. Hence the deal is not as attractive as it is in BLR. Therefore if the free item is given locally, then the entire rigmarole of transport, insurance, breakage etc. is Samsung/dealer's probleem.

Hence if your Samsung contact can make this deal come through by providing the specs (whichever way he wants too), I for one would pay the 67K and buy this right away.:)

@dimbo_jack: I need to buy this plasma ASAP. Have been keeping a close watch on this thread for a while. BTW I am also from Mumbai but stocks for this plasma are not available anywhere, and also final price quoted is more than 70K. Can you please PM me the dealer's contact details.

Dealers closed today on account Thursday, but I gather the stock is an issue. Will get updated info tomorrow only. will keep posted.

Prankey, Whats the update. I know a guy having stock here but 66k is final rate he has come down to, without the glasses.
In case of the deal not happening i will pick up this locally.
Do let me know before he goes out of stock.

Prankey, Whats the update. I know a guy having stock here but 66k is final rate he has come down to, without the glasses.
In case of the deal not happening i will pick up this locally.
Do let me know before he goes out of stock.
I confirm your funds transfer. Trying to get the TV to Airport for tomorrow morning for your Friend to take with him.

Updated queue:
1. manit_goel (Delhi) (payment received)
2. gigy (Mumbai) (payment received)
3. harsha.chelikani (Hyderabad)
4. DIVASMMM (Hyderabad)
5. pkr (Kochi)
6. dhanakm (Chennai)
7. jayan007 (Pune)
8. chetzy (Pune)
9. Karthi (Trichi)
10. dimbo_jack (Mumbai)
11. Adityap (Pune)
12. pmkpal (Thane)

I will soon update on more stock and courier issues (almost finalized :))

Prankey - What does your Samsung guy say about stocks? why this model in such short supply?

Thats because its a new model and their manufacturing is still not at full swing. Its an issue with all manufacturers during the start of selling, really can't help much.

Also, 3D glass offer is a special deal I have worked with Samsung (dealer is NOT involved in it). So such offer can not come from other dealers.

Update:
Shipping cost is fixed at 2k for rest of India and 1k for Hyderabad and Chennai by a vendor used by Samsung and several other major TV manufacturers (http://www.vrlgroup.in/). They have assured proper shipping and delivery of product. CONFIRMED that the TV will be completely insured by Samsung locally at customer's city. Hope the shipping cost is fine with us or I can negotiate further with other vendors (DHL was asking Rs.150 per kg!) to see if they can bring the cost down (again, my priority is to ship the TVs scratchless despite insurance by Samsung).

Alternatively, cash on delivery can be taken from Bangalore address.

If I get confirmed booking amount from rest, my contact has assured to arrange the stock within next 15 days despite stock crunch.

Stocks have again got depleted in Bangalore while payment and shipment was being finalized! Fresh 3 are coming tomorrow or Saturday out of which I have got commitment for Manit's TV to be shipped on Saturday.

Gigy - I am pushing my contact to give atleast 1 more quantity for you by Saturday, however it seems that we do not have any stock right now. Please suggest if we could deliver to your Bangalore designated address by Saturday or next week or if you would like to take a refund. I am also trying to arrange the 3D glasses to be arranged at the time of delivery (they have got some and will confirm if they can be clubbed with the TVs we get).

Also, Octroi in Mumbai is still a concern. I am trying to talk with reputed movers and packers if they could take the TV with other shipments.

If the rest of folks in waiting could pay ATLEAST a booking amount (I would prefer full payment as that way whoever pays first will be brought top of the queue), I can make a parts order for the TVs to be delivered in the next 2 weeks instead of stocks to arrive on adhoc. This will also avoid further confusion about availability and delivery date now that we have sorted the shipping issue.

Also, I request members to discuss non-confidential info on this thread instead of PMs. My PM box stays full these days and have to delete msgs regularly and may miss important ones.

Shiv - you should get your 3D glasses by tomorrow. They may call you to pick it from the dealer.

Alternatively - you could email me on [email protected]

Last edited:
Please note that Octroi is applicable in Pune as well (4%).

Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, Nagpur and Aurangabad(?) are probably the only places in India where this jiziya tax is applied.

Hi Prankey,

I can wait. Let the guys who are in a hurry, get the deliveries first. Also Octroi charges at Thane are pretty high (5.5% !!!!).

Hi prankey, I have time till sunday.
monday morning my friend is again coming to mumbai. Please see if it can be delivered before that.

cant "THANK" prankey enough for the awesome Great job he is undertaking for the benefit of the HFV community!...have to honestly say someone(those interested in the tv) must b a fool,if he/she doesNOT avail this Golden opportunity here....buying this tv @63k with free 3d glasses is more than steal!

cant "THANK" prankey enough for the awesome Great job he is undertaking for the benefit of the HFV community!...have to honestly say someone(those interested in the tv) must b a fool,if he/she doesNOT avail this Golden opportunity here....buying this tv @63k with free 3d glasses is more than steal!

and i totally agree with indiglo, the tv has become a instant HIT among my friends and relatives and im basking in its glory. all thanks to prankey ,feel very proud to bag the fisrt TV in this group buy.

hi,

It is very good to learn that many forum members are happy with this TV. Any one from Bangalore willing to extend an invitation to me to get a first hand experience, may send a pm or prankey may suggest, where can I get a demo of this in a show room at Bangalore.

cheers,

and i totally agree with indiglo, the tv has become a instant HIT among my friends and relatives and im basking in its glory. all thanks to prankey ,feel very proud to bag the fisrt TV in this group buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back