Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate yr commitment and hard work , cheers to you !
I will post few pics taken of my PS51 D550 today some time, my broadband connection was out of order for last two days , so was unable to do that

Hi Praenky,

Toady ... I called the courier company again....they said that there is nothing booked against that consignment no.

Please verify

Thanks.

Hi Prankey, i have decided to pull out of this as the dealer is taking too long time.

guys,
prankeys offer is too good. there is no use blaming him, as i mentioned earlier this month samsung has not manufactured single plasma... manufacturing begins first of july and can expect delivery around 10th july.. either wait to own fresh tv.. (((((thats what iam doing unfortunately before prankeys offer i paid 63000 and booked tv last month still waiting...)) or take tv.. which is either old stock manufactured in march-april or may be imported from singapore.. my advise is wait for 10 days more..

Hey Gigy..I purchased my Samsung 51D550 from the dealer which you had referred me. I got mine for 66,250/- (3D glasses not included). TV got delivered in 1 week after I booked it and was wall mounted the very next day.

Hey Gigy..I purchased my Samsung 51D550 from the dealer which you had referred me. I got mine for 66,250/- (3D glasses not included). TV got delivered in 1 week after I booked it and was wall mounted the very next day.

Congrats on getting the TV !
i am sure you have been enjoying the quality of this TV set.
I plan to do post a full review soon, but the asli HD channels on Tata Sky are mind boggling, was watching Godzilla last night on Star HD and it was worth it .
cheers :clapping:

guys,
prankeys offer is too good. there is no use blaming him, as i mentioned earlier this month samsung has not manufactured single plasma... manufacturing begins first of july and can expect delivery around 10th july.. either wait to own fresh tv.. (((((thats what iam doing unfortunately before prankeys offer i paid 63000 and booked tv last month still waiting...)) or take tv.. which is either old stock manufactured in march-april or may be imported from singapore.. my advise is wait for 10 days more..

totally agree with drkavint ,its the best offer

Hi Praenky,

Toady ... I called the courier company again....they said that there is nothing booked against that consignment no.

Please verify

Thanks.
It was finally updated around 4PM today. Most probably it will be airlifted today or tomorrow and should be delivered by 30th or 1st. So as of now, it seems they
committed realistically.

Hi Prankey, i have decided to pull out of this as the dealer is taking too long time.
Sure, I am trying my last attempt to get 1 piece from any other dealer who may have stock or will transfer the amount. Sorry, I was using my energy in tracking Manit's shipment as that was my top priority till today.

Also, I am told the second stock which was scheduled to arrive late last week should come anytime by Friday. So let me know if you like to wait till then as it seems in Mumbai also, there is a waiting.

guys,
Thanks a ton for the update dear.

My Samsung contact has also suggested today that in the next 15 days we should be able to clear the queue!

Trouble is, EVERY YEAR, post July is the best time to buy a newer model TV as it is THEN we get ample stocks and the manufacturing begins at full swing.

Today, Samsung is shipping 39x 55D8000 so should be ample for about a week and we could expect immediate delivery of them. Currently 43D490, 51D490, and 43D450 are in stocks and we can get immediate delivery for the same.

There are several other models which are currently available without an issue, including 64D8000 when atleast 1 quantity is always available.

Samsung is distributing these TVs as per the demands in each city. We really can't highlight Bangalore to be a hub location to deliver TVs to other locations unless we agree to buy them at MOP/DP of 75K without 3D glasses.

Hope we all are understanding the constrains here.

Last edited:
Updated list:
1. harsha.chelikani (Hyderabad)
2. DIVASMMM (Hyderabad)
3. pkr (Kochi)
4. dhanakm (Chennai)
5. jayan007 (Pune)
6. Karthi (Trichi)
7. Adityap (Pune)
8. pmkpal (Thane)
9. ManiJ
10. kusal (kolkata)

Manit's TV is shipped last week. Gigy wish to come off the queue (will transfer funds tonight if I do not see any stock in Bangalore).

hi prankey,
if not paid upfront to move up the queue, i have to pay cash on delivery to the courier, i suppose

hi prankey,
if not paid upfront to move up the queue, i have to pay cash on delivery to the courier, i suppose
Kusal, COD option is available only to Bangalore customers. Rest, you would have to pay upfront to move up the queue or before the shipment.

I will work on COD option for outstation customers once we get ample stocks, till then, this is the best arrangement. Your money will be completely safe.

hi
i got my d51d550 on 25th .the t.v is really awesome
i got a price deal of 70,000 with one 3d glass
after long wait i got this monstrous plasma but their is something that i noticed on this t.v and that is brightness pop
did any of of u guys faced this problem
and to be precise i have connected this t.v on my p.c through hdmi ps3 and xbox 360
but the most brightness pop i got are mostly on my pc.
:o

hi
i got my d51d550 on 25th .the t.v is really awesome
i got a price deal of 70,000 with one 3d glass
after long wait i got this monstrous plasma but their is something that i noticed on this t.v and that is brightness pop
did any of of u guys faced this problem
and to be precise i have connected this t.v on my p.c through hdmi ps3 and xbox 360
but the most brightness pop i got are mostly on my pc.
:o
Lets discuss issues on appropriate thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/17478-2011-samsung-plasma-3d-ps51d550-42.html

Called courier today.......they said it can,t be reached today :-(

Not sure how long I've to wait.....and I m afraid I wont get it unmutilated after 6 - 7 days travel as its coming via road :-(

Hi Prankey,

I called courier guys again today....they said its has reached to the point in Delhi where it was booked to and they are saying that I'll have to come and collect it as it was not a booked as Courier but as General Parcel so it would not be delivered at my home.

There is no way I can go and collect it as its 40km far from my place and TV package is huge ....I dont have any vehicle or anything as well. :-(

Please suggest what do I do now.

Hi Prankey,

I called courier guys again today....they said its has reached to the point in Delhi where it was booked to and they are saying that I'll have to come and collect it as it was not a booked as Courier but as General Parcel so it would not be delivered at my home.

There is no way I can go and collect it as its 40km far from my place and TV package is huge ....I dont have any vehicle or anything as well. :-(

Hi Manit,
Good to read that you have yr tv in Delhi finally.
Coming to yr latest issue, in my case the TV had come to my place in a Maruti Omni van which had a roof top carriage.
One way could be to call up the same courier guys to see if they could deliver at some nominal extra cost , the TV to yr home.
Another way , is to anyway wait and see if Prankey can help you from Banagalore.
Third , if you could land up at that place and hire a suitable vehicle to personally get the TV to yr home,
But a imp issue is at what place do u actually open the TV box to see if any transit damage has happened.
tricky situation.
Hoping all goes well ,
Umesh

Hi Prankey,

I just learned from them that this is how they reduced the cost from 2k to 1k for you as they are saying that for home delivery VRL was asking for 2.25k. I still fail to understand why did they decide on their own without keeping me in loop and have bashed them for this.

I tried reaching my contact at VRL, Bangalore whom I had set the deal for 2k for home delivery and see if he could help. However for some strange reason, I could not hear his voice despite calling from multiple phones atleast 5 times!

Now as they are closed on Sundays, I may have to wait till Monday for follow-up from Bangalore.

Best approach will be to get it delivered to you at a nominal cost of around Rs.200 to 500 in a shared transport van.

Alternatively, if they can deliver on Sundays to you, ask them to send till the closest depot and you could take a public transport till there and take it in an Auto from there (I know it is very tedious and I have been in such situation before).

Apologize for the inconvenience, another learning for me and another communication gap from the dealer/Samsung :sad:

However, such experience should fix the loopholes on this shipment and it has made me firmer in believing its best to work directly with Samsung and will try to work that way as that would make me earn from these win-win deals as well without such headache of relying on others.

Hi Manit,
Good to read that you have yr tv in Delhi finally.
Coming to yr latest issue, in my case the TV had come to my place in a Maruti Omni van which had a roof top carriage.
One way could be to call up the same courier guys to see if they could deliver at some nominal extra cost , the TV to yr home.
Another way , is to anyway wait and see if Prankey can help you from Banagalore.
Third , if you could land up at that place and hire a suitable vehicle to personally get the TV to yr home,
But a imp issue is at what place do u actually open the TV box to see if any transit damage has happened.
tricky situation.
Hoping all goes well ,
Umesh

Transit damage is covered by Samsung locally, however yes, I would hate to see a TV go bunk after all these efforts and wasting such a nice TV that way. We still should ensure that the TV reaches Manit's place with minimal possibility of a damage.

I am planning to buy a D550 for delivery to Vizag. Can someone help? Is it best to get it from Bangalore or buy locally in Vizag even if it costs a few more bucks?

I am planning to buy a D550 for delivery to Vizag. Can someone help? Is it best to get it from Bangalore or buy locally in Vizag even if it costs a few more bucks?

Congrats on deciding to buy D550

What is the best price that you are getting at Vizag? It's only then one can do a comparison and decide accordingly.cheers

Hi Prankey,

I just called VRL...... They said that they can't arrange home delivery, I offered to pay for that as well but they said No

Other thing they are asking for 1000 bucks as its not prepaid and I'll have to pay for it.

I m totally confused now......I took leave for today so that I can get the TV as on week days I don't get time....I was ready to go there but now I don't know what to do as they are asking for courier charges.

Please suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back