Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
image1lz.jpg

Finally I took it home...

Registered call for installation as well....hope it will be installed tomorrow. I have not opened it as Prankey suggested so not sure about 3D glasses.

Congrats once again ,Manit on getting the TV finally to yr home.
Apparently from the pic, there doesn't seem to be any transit damage.
Based on my experience with Samsung , pl make a reminder call this eve / tues morning regarding the installation.
Looking forward to hear from you yr first hand experience after the TV is installed.
Also would like to thanks Prankey for his never ending effort to help the process of group buy thru this forumn.
Cheers

Congrats! How did u take the TV home? Did the courier fellow door delivered it?

Thanks Umesh & Karthi....

I had to hire a vehicle as I didn't have other option at that time however Prankey called me that he can get door delivery arranged but by then I had already haired vehicle.

Anyways...I m waiting to get it revealed specially for 3D Glasses :-)

I m very exited to exprience 3D

Guys - My TV has also been delivered home yesterday. The combo kit will take some more time it seems. Not opened box as I was traveling and don't expect installation to be done for some time since i'm doing some work in the installation area as well. Let's see how fast that one goes !!!

However, I had a query. Do the Samsung guys install the bracket as well or do I have to have it ready ??

Incidentally (and this is for all guys) the dealer placed a install support call yesterday itself with Samsung and I also got the ticket by SMS - BUT I have yet to receive a call from Samsung. Suits me now, but would have been MAD if my place was ready. Be warned guys !!!!

Congrats on deciding to buy D550

What is the best price that you are getting at Vizag? It's only then one can do a comparison and decide accordingly.cheers

My mom is too lazy to ask for a quote in Vizag. I wonder if I can arrange for a TV to be delivered by the end of this month online as I am in the US until then. Any help is appreciated.

My mom is too lazy to ask for a quote in Vizag. I wonder if I can arrange for a TV to be delivered by the end of this month online as I am in the US until then. Any help is appreciated.
You may choose to join the group buy. It may take time for you to get the TV though, however after shipping to Manit, I have learned more to tackle shipping issues. The courier company chosen specialize in such shipments so we can minimize transit damage. Nevertheless, if there is a damage, Samsung will handle it locally or refund the amount.

You may choose to join the group buy. It may take time for you to get the TV though, however after shipping to Manit, I have learned more to tackle shipping issues. The courier company chosen specialize in such shipments so we can minimize transit damage. Nevertheless, if there is a damage, Samsung will handle it locally or refund the amount.

Prankey, I'd be interested. I'll PM you. It might not be that difficult to ship it to Vizag. Thanks!

Registered call for installation as well....hope it will be installed tomorrow. I have not opened it as Prankey suggested so not sure about 3D glasses.

Congrats! have a great viewing time. i hope to get it now in august

image1lz.jpg

Can we have an unboxing video, youtube-style and post a link to the video? That would be wonderful!

Hi Manit,
Record the installation if possible.It will be an immensely useful exercise for the entire forum.

my tv expected to arrive next Wednesday. please wait for 15/16th july.. i will post detail...i mean complete detail review.. includes
1. pictures of front/ back input connections...
2. my wall mount kit..pic and my opinions
3. comparing pic quality with my present lg 50"
4. my favourite tv settings, including clarity with: sd pictures, 720p, 1080p, 1080i pictures...
5. experience with local cable tuning functions,timing of switch between channels, clarity issues, fine tuning ability
6.experience with asus hd2,reliance hd-dvr and onkyo 508.
7. audio out capabilities with optical out, any issue of hdmi shake....
8. just to add.. iam downloading((still underway- got bsnl 3g 4200 plan**just 5 days remaining***) 1080p rips of 3d sbs movies around 10... so will post exclusive 3d review and drawbacks.....
9. mostly i will get starter kit along with tv.. so wait for 2012 and megamovie review for clarity of bluray......
************i found a very few answers for these,,, so will post my views..... if any more any one has any more/ wants to know........ just querry me.. but have to wait for one week....***********;)

Samsung engineer came today for installation......After installation when he switched it on....it made a loud buzz and was nothing on screen.....he called another engineer as he said he only does installations so not sure about it. Another engineer came and check the TV.....He said that the panel glass is broken later we noticed little crack on screen glass as well.

He also said that for PDP Samsung doesnt provide any coverage for transit damage and I need to speak to dealer. I called dealer he said that only Samsung can provide any kind of support after sales. Not sure what would happen now.

Other thing it did not contain 3D Glasses as promised by dealer.

Unfortunately this deal was not beneficial for me. I m thankful to Prankey for all his time and efforts but its my bad luck :sad:

@manit_goel,

So sad to see your bad experience. :(
Are you aure that the person who installed the TV didn't do anything wrong as he doesn't install them usually? If you notice something, talk to Samsung cust care and ask for replacement. Dealer cannot escape if he arranged for transport. He is responsible for faulty delivery. Meet him and see if some luck is available.

Siva

Guys,

I feel, It will be a good activity if we capture the installation right from unboxing to the tuning. It'll be helpful for fellow members as well as for individual incase of any mistake they do.

Siva

.....He said that the panel glass is broken later we noticed little crack on screen glass as well.

He also said that for PDP Samsung doesnt provide any coverage for transit damage and I need to speak to dealer. I called dealer he said that only Samsung can provide any kind of support after sales. Not sure what would happen now.

Thats so sad! Hope you can get your replacement quickly.

Was it transit damage?
The unopened product with packaging atleast looked undamaged/good in the pics you had uploaded. Is the packaging not good enough? Or is it the case of some chinks in the armour for the packaging plus bad luck?

On different note, I was wondering what do I do with the packaging after getting the TV...must be quite large and may require loads of space to store such large empty cartons (just in case it is valuable to retain the old packaging). Looks like this carton can be thrown off, and it is anyway not so good.

Samsung engineer came today for installation......After installation when he switched it on....it made a loud buzz and was nothing on screen.....he called another engineer as he said he only does installations so not sure about it. Another engineer came and check the TV.....He said that the panel glass is broken later we noticed little crack on screen glass as well.

Other thing it did not contain 3D Glasses as promised by dealer.

Unfortunately this deal was not beneficial for me. I m thankful to Prankey for all his time and efforts but its my bad luck :sad:
Hey Manit, not sure why 3D glasses were not included. I tried calling Samsung guy to understand why is Samsung Delhi telling they don't cover for damage (he had assured that he will ship the glasses and any damage if there is any issue in these regards, so don't worry). I will send him a SMS to call me back. I transferred amount today morning, wish I could have waited for the installation as didn't know such issues may occur. Nevertheless, Samsung should replace the TV ASAP and I will ensure you get 3D glass if that was not included.

I will also talk with Samsung that these issues should never come again as particularly on 3D glasses, its certainly a miss by the dealer if despite sending a open boxed item (when they took permission to open), didn't put the glasses and till yesterday Samsung was claiming that they have definitely included it.

Edit - Please post as many photos of the front and back of the TV for us, also highlighting the damage. If possible, upload a video on youtube highlighting all the accessories you have got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back