Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung engineer came today for installation......After installation when he switched it on....it made a loud buzz and was nothing on screen.....he called another engineer as he said he only does installations so not sure about it. Another engineer came and check the TV.....He said that the panel glass is broken later we noticed little crack on screen glass as well.

He also said that for PDP Samsung doesnt provide any coverage for transit damage and I need to speak to dealer. I called dealer he said that only Samsung can provide any kind of support after sales. Not sure what would happen now.

Other thing it did not contain 3D Glasses as promised by dealer.

Unfortunately this deal was not beneficial for me. I m thankful to Prankey for all his time and efforts but its my bad luck :sad:

Manit, I wonder if you have anything in writing about the terms and conditions of sale and replacement.

06072011476.jpg

06072011475.jpg

06072011474.jpg

06072011473.jpg

06072011472.jpg

06072011471.jpg

06072011470.jpg

06072011462.jpg

image1zbx.jpg

06072011474.jpg

06072011467.jpg

06072011466.jpg

06072011464.jpg

06072011463.jpg

Here are pics of TV specially highlighting the damage :sad:

Not much accessories I got ...only remote controller, manual, few other papers two wire holder and one RF socket.

Hi Manit,
Indeed very sad to see the pictures where in the glass panel is cracked.Its now entirely on Samsung to replace with a brand new TV as soon as possible.
Also thanks for posting the complete set of pictures .

Sorry to see this state of the plasma.
I think its best to let Samsung handle the shipping for such huge delicate displays.

Just got a call from Samsung service center..... They said that they send report to head office regarding my issue and got reply that in this case Samsung India would not replace or repair the TV....as per company's terms and conditions.

Please suggest what should I do now?

Since the deal was coordinated by prankey. it is advisable to get it resolved through him.

I am working with Samsung to resolve this. Not sure why they are resisting in replacing specifically a Plasma TV. Plasma or LCD, they are supposed to take care of these things immediately without harassing the customer for it.

As per the information I have, all Samsung consumer products are covered from Transit damage till installation. I still prefer to get these TVs replaced by the local godown of Samsung instead of shipping and damaging the TV like this. And that is what I am working towards now after this experience.

Prankey , I feel we need to revisit this arrangement - both Delivery part & logistics part -
My suggestion is to make Samsung india directly involve in both .

Prankey , I feel we need to revisit this arrangement - both Delivery part & logistics part -
My suggestion is to make Samsung india directly involve in both .

Unfortunately that is the gray area. If we involve Samsung India, we can not get the TV for less than 75k and the 3D glasses! Its Samsung India's directive of MOP (Minimum Operating Price) below which no dealer is supposed to sell for less than the MOP or the dealership will be stripped.

That is the reason I had to step in and was trying to deal directly with Samsung rep eliminating the dealer in between as its tough for Samsung to penalize me for selling in less than the MOP.

Now I have to revisit my strategy as Samsung Service team has started playing blame games like this after the local sales team denied delivery locally at the price of 63k. This is the catching point because of which we have to build a strategy so they honor our honest request in such unfortunate situations.

Nevertheless, Samsung service team in Bangalore is working with senior officials at Delhi to get a replacement to Manit in the next few days.

Problem is most of the Samsung Sales and Service teams across India is outsourced. The contact I am working with for this sales offer is a Samsung employee. However I know the service team in Karnataka as well is completely outsource for TV products (I know the product manager of Bangalore who is in the payroll of a partner organization of Samsung). Same is with the service team in Delhi who wish to minimize loss of revenue to their team if the TV comes from outside NCR. This is the PRIME reason these service folks are talking RUBBISH (first telling they dont cover PDP and now saying its covered only till Dealer's premises when in reality its ALWAYS covered till CUSTOMER PREMISES and dealer is only the last leg in their sales network and service is completely owned by Samsung India mostly thru their partner organizations).

Worst which can happen in such situation is they recall the TV back to Bangalore and replace or refund it. But that can result in another such incident so the Samsung rep is working with Delhi office to get a replacement locally delivered (that is how it is SUPPOSED to be done). Its not a CONDITION by Samsung India that the Dealer has to be LOCAL to your city and by dealer they mean any seller who sells thru ANY Authorized Sales Distribution network ACROSS the country.

By doing such tactics the local team is trying to indirectly hint the customer that he should have bought the TV locally to avoid such issue. That is the prime reason for such harassment as I have understood.

Last edited:
Hi Prankey,
You definitely seem to have a good working knowledge on Samsung operations, but , if I can add, try and take the terms and conditions for group sales in writing and make it aware to all concerned.
Manit is going to have sleepless nights till such time he has either the replacement / refund.
Hoping all get settles down soon.
Once again appreciate yr commitment in genuinely helping the fellow members over here, both with yr time and knowledge.

Hi Prankey,
You definitely seem to have a good working knowledge on Samsung operations, but , if I can add, try and take the terms and conditions for group sales in writing and make it aware to all concerned.
Manit is going to have sleepless nights till such time he has either the replacement / refund.
Hoping all get settles down soon.
Once again appreciate yr commitment in genuinely helping the fellow members over here, both with yr time and knowledge.
I understand dude. I might well be spending more sleepless nights arranging the pricing, product and resolving issues. Hope you do realize that as well :)

From whom should I take the terms and condition in writing? ALL equipment manufacturers especially related to consumer electronics (including dealers) show resistant in honoring even the most basic claims. Even if Manit would have bought the TV for a dealership besides his house, could have faced such challenges. This is part and parcel of all the deals especially special deals we work on. People get HEARTBURNS including these Samsung Service and Sales teams when they realize that we have taken some deviation from a standard process they are more used to.

Denying of service is something they should have NEVER done so and we could take them to the court of law for such harassment. What other terms and conditions would you expect us to document? Courier folks shipped the TV for Rs.1000 from Bangalore to Delhi (when it was negotiated for Rs.2000 though it included home delivery). Shipping cost itself was renegotiated for Manit. TV do not show any dent other than the glass itself which might have got damaged even before it left Bangalore. We really can't do much in such unfortunate situation.

I am SUSPENDING SHIPPING to outstation buyers with immediate effect till Manit's issue get sorted and we know a better way of doing it. I had to chase dealer for 4 days for them to finally ship the product and now chasing Samsung for replacement like I am getting benefited out of these deals. I am spending more time particularly on this deal than probably my primary work.

Manit - Let me know if you would like to get a refund immediately so I could work with the dealer and Samsung accordingly.

Last edited:
Hi again Prankey,
I am totally aware the sort of responsibility that you have been carrying for the benefit of the fellow members , and more importantly this a lot of time consuming , not forgetting that if anything goes wrong , you end up wishing 48 hours ion a day.
Cheers for yr hard work !
Umesh

Hi Prankey,

I want the TV replaced in Delhi if possibleotherwise Ill do and will be agree to whatever you say as you know things best.

I Called Samsung helpline again today.....they said you will get a call back....Got call from Samsung service center and said they can't replace and repair as this kind of damage doesnt come under warranty and told me not to call @ helpdesk again and again as they will forward it to us and we cant help you in this case at all.

They said that the only option I have is to contact dealer and ask him regarding this and dealer might follow-up with Samsung to get this resolved.

I understand dude. I might well be spending more sleepless nights arranging the pricing, product and resolving issues. Hope you do realize that as well :)

From whom should I take the terms and condition in writing? ALL equipment manufacturers especially related to consumer electronics (including dealers) show resistant in honoring even the most basic claims. Even if Manit would have bought the TV for a dealership besides his house, could have faced such challenges. This is part and parcel of all the deals especially special deals we work on. People get HEARTBURNS including these Samsung Service and Sales teams when they realize that we have taken some deviation from a standard process they are more used to.

Denying of service is something they should have NEVER done so and we could take them to the court of law for such harassment. What other terms and conditions would you expect us to document? Courier folks shipped the TV for Rs.1000 from Bangalore to Delhi (when it was negotiated for Rs.2000 though it included home delivery). Shipping cost itself was renegotiated for Manit. TV do not show any dent other than the glass itself which might have got damaged even before it left Bangalore. We really can't do much in such unfortunate situation.

I am SUSPENDING SHIPPING to outstation buyers with immediate effect till Manit's issue get sorted and we know a better way of doing it. I had to chase dealer for 4 days for them to finally ship the product and now chasing Samsung for replacement like I am getting benefited out of these deals. I am spending more time particularly on this deal than probably my primary work.

Manit - Let me know if you would like to get a refund immediately so I could work with the dealer and Samsung accordingly.

Hi prankey,
I think the courier/shipping company have rough handled the TV, and they knew this very well. The reason why they denied home delivery. Should they not be blamed and make them pay for it?

Hi Prankey,

I want the TV replaced in Delhi if possibleotherwise Ill do and will be agree to whatever you say as you know things best.

I Called Samsung helpline again today.....they said you will get a call back....Got call from Samsung service center and said they can't replace and repair as this kind of damage doesnt come under warranty and told me not to call @ helpdesk again and again as they will forward it to us and we cant help you in this case at all.

They said that the only option I have is to contact dealer and ask him regarding this and dealer might follow-up with Samsung to get this resolved.

Don't bother calling them. As I said, they are outsourced and are hesitant to support you. And the TV is in Warranty throughout India and I am stunned they are saying its out of warranty. Let me know the name of people whom you have spoken. My Samsung contact is working from here to get the replacement done from Delhi. Samsung India products have pan India warranty, there is no way they can deny service like this.

The service contact is currently travelling to Pune so today we could not get an update on this. Will follow up tomorrow on the progress, most probably its already taken care of.

Just got a call from Samsung supervisor, She said that she had word with Samsung service center manager and he said nothing can be done and later conferenced the call with Samsung NCR area manager....He also told that in this case Samsung would not replace the TV....however it can be repaired on chargeable basis.:sad:

Only dealer can replace it on his own as it was his responsibility....however he said that he will inform karnataka area manager to contact dealer regarding this...but still Samsung India would not replace it...he said firmly. :sad:

Last edited:
Just got a call from Samsung supervisor, She said that she had word with Samsung service center manager and he said nothing can be done and later conferenced the call with Samsung NCR area manager....He also told that in this case Samsung would not replace the TV....however it can be repaired on chargeable basis.:sad:

Only dealer can replace it on his own as it was his responsibility....however he said that he will inform karnataka area manager to contact dealer regarding this...but still Samsung India would not replace it...he said firmly. :sad:
I always thought Samsung gives good support across India. Please send the name of these folks thru email and I will work with the Samsung contact here. What is the reason they are giving behind such denial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back