Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prankey,

Thanks so much for update!

Please try to get it replaced in Delhi if possible.....it will be difficult for me to ship it back and in case I'll have to do it then I dont think that I should again go through the same process and get replacement Tv shipped again from Bangalore!

Prankey I need your suggestion and other member's as well

Prankey,

Thanks so much for update!

Please try to get it replaced in Delhi if possible.....it will be difficult for me to ship it back and in case I'll have to do it then I dont think that I should again go through the same process and get replacement Tv shipped again from Bangalore!

Prankey I need your suggestion and other member's as well

Hi Manit,
It's eventually all is well that ends well,and I would suggest that take the refund from Samsung of yr TV,and in the meantime do a good negotiation of the price here in Delhi or Gurgaon,as I think that for Rs 3000 saving you hv many sleepless nights.
Most importantly ,Prankey deserves ,a truck load of thanks for getting yr replacement TV or refund.
Cheers,

Thats absolutely commendable support from prankey
Thanks Gigy.

I tried to get an update from Samsung today, however could only call at 10PM and he didn't receive. I will chase him again tomorrow for Manit and updates on more stocks arrival.

Folks, please let me know urgently who would wish to complete the transaction (particularly from Bangalore). You could go for 0% finance option if needed. I have 1 confirmed payment from Bangalore and another coming tomorrow through another member of HFV. Please confirm from the list if anyone else would like to go for the purchase. Thought stocks have started easing now, we have to coordinate with Samsung for faster delivery.

Manit's update - We have 2 options if Manit sends the TV back to Bangalore - Refund or replacement shipped from Bangalore. However he wish to try to get the TV from Delhi which may take some time. I am working with Samsung rep who is interacting with South Regional Service Head to get the TV replaced from Delhi. Trouble is transit damage is handled by logistics department (instead of service department) and they want the replacement to occur through Dealer.

Has anyone tried to hook up smart TVs to BSNL DSL Dataone internet through wifi dongle?

I am told that if you have to connect a new laptop to BSNL DSL, you will connect to wifi but to actually connect to the internet you will have to create a network connection and provide authentication credentials (for PPPoE). If this procedure is correct, then how do you create a dialup connection in a smart TV?

I have seen videos that overcome this problem while connecting IPHONE to BSNL ‪BSNL WIFI CAN BE ACCESSED USING IPHONE‬‏ - YouTube

Any help is appreciated. My goal is to connect Google TV to BSNL Internet. It has Google Chrome browser.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to hook up smart TVs to BSNL DSL Dataone internet through wifi dongle?

I am told that if you have to connect a new laptop to BSNL DSL, you will connect to wifi but to actually connect to the internet you will have to create a network connection and provide authentication credentials (for PPPoE). If this procedure is correct, then how do you create a dialup connection in a smart TV?

I have seen videos that overcome this problem while connecting IPHONE to BSNL ‪BSNL WIFI CAN BE ACCESSED USING IPHONE‬‏ - YouTube

Any help is appreciated. My goal is to connect Google TV to BSNL Internet. It has Google Chrome browser.
Lets not discuss technical things here, however to answer your question, it depends on how the DSL router is configured - Bridge or Router. If it is in bridge mode, you would need to establish a PPPoE connection from the end device and you can not share the connection even when using a wifi DSL router! Best is to configure PPPoE connection on the DSL router itself (or another wifi router if you wish that as a router, Wireless AP).

Till the router is configured well with PPPoE configuration and has DHCP server enabled with minimum number of connected clients set as per your need, you would NEVER face such issues.

Awesome. Looking forward to setting it all up at home in Vizag... in router mode. And then looking forward to Android update to Google TV in August. My folks got a quote for D550 in Vizag for 72.5k including a pair of 3d glasses.

Hi Prankey,

Please let me know if its confirmed that it can be replaced in Delhi. As I told you I m ready to wait even for about a month but maybe after that they say that its not working out and I have to sent it back.so please confirm.

Hi Prankey,

Please let me know if its confirmed that it can be replaced in Delhi. As I told you I m ready to wait even for about a month but maybe after that they say that its not working out and I have to sent it back.so please confirm.

I am SMS'ing him each day after Sunday, however no update. Also 2 TVs were to be delivered in Bangalore, need to follow up. Keeping busy and not keeping very well in the last 2 days. Don't worry I am chasing them.

That's why I thought....as they hardly respond after chasing for days and still don't give accurate information.....like about 3D glasses....they confirmed but glassed were not there.....so I dont want that we spend month chasing them in vain.

I know, thats why I thought it would be best to take a refund. 4 days and no update. Infact when I was unable to get hold of the Samsung Rep, I called the dealer contact and to my relief they have delivered the TV with glasses to that one out of HFV deal I talked with you.

Now this dealer contact was telling that the Samsung rep is telling that the glasses is not given with the TV as now Samsung has that 3D starter pack !!??? I did not understand the logic but wanted to talk with Samsung contact as he had taken an approval for atleast 8 TVs which are yet to be delivered.

I will take them to task and get back by tomorrow. If it takes more time for them to come back, its better we take a refund from them.

hey dude,,, just wait maximum 3 days,,,,tv in ur hand,,,but not sure of glasses....
one secret ....new arrivals are confirmed hdmi 1.4a version.....i doubt older ones..
so hold on...next software update may enable audioreturn via hdmi2...

hey dude,,, just wait maximum 3 days,,,,tv in ur hand,,,but not sure of glasses....
one secret ....new arrivals are confirmed hdmi 1.4a version.....i doubt older ones..
so hold on...next software update may enable audioreturn via hdmi2...

Hi,

What do you mean by "new arrivals are confirmed hdmi 1.4a version.....i doubt older ones.." ? Does specification of the TV change as and when new lots come?

^^+1, yeah most strange & surprising comment heard...how to confirmly refute older ones(the tv itself is very new launch) didn't have 1.4a HDMI..?..have u checked any older stock urself & 101% sure u speak/write the truth & only the truth?...if NOT,plz don't mislead others!

^^+1, yeah most strange & surprising comment heard...how to confirmly refute older ones(the tv itself is very new launch) didn't have 1.4a HDMI..?..have u checked any older stock urself & 101% sure u speak/write the truth & only the truth?...if NOT,plz don't mislead others!

I think he is talking more on ARC. I believe 1.4a was there right through the beginning otherwise for all the 3D TVs.

hi prankey,
pl take me out of the queue, bought it in kolkata for 67k with a pair of glasses. however thanks for ur effort.

^+1,...i need to know that as well!
specifically,how much for a pair of glasses...the basic starting model, the one which probably u got too?..& are they selling them separately...& r they in stock(3d glasses)?
Anyway Congrats for the Marvellous buy ..kusal bhai! :)
i might b going to kol this puja & purchase there if i get a good festive deal...so all the ask!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back