Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I went to BestBuy today and saw a demo of D550 along with just about every other TV possible. I must say I like D550 for the price. The guy at the store flashed a white LED light with a device at 175 degree angle at the screen. While in some models there were two reflections on the plasma screen, on the D550 there was only one reflection, which is better. Also bought Google TV box (NSZ-GT1)! Looking forward to using this one eagerly, especially for browsing the internet.

Does anyone know if any of the cable set-top-boxes contain an HDMI port? The TataSkys, etc.?

As per Samsung NCR area manager today I was supposed to get a call from Samsung Karnataka but till now no calls..... As they already said firmly that as per Samsung policies, TV would not be replaced....I've tried my best but in vain. :sad::sad::sad:

Now I'm totally dependent on Prankey..he is trying his best as well and I'll always be grateful to him.

hi manit goel,

Prankey is your SOS now and I am sure you will get a replacement or refund. Samsung should not put you in orbit. I can feel your pain, it really hurts.

cheers,

It may be worth spending on top-of-the-line couriers like FedEx and DHL if they have service among Indian cities. Do they? These TVs are so fragile that even Lufthansa Airlines declined to allow TV in luggage.

Is it possible to go to a big city, buy the TV and bring it with you, say in a train or something?

It may be worth spending on top-of-the-line couriers like FedEx and DHL if they have service among Indian cities. Do they? These TVs are so fragile that even Lufthansa Airlines declined to allow TV in luggage.

Is it possible to go to a big city, buy the TV and bring it with you, say in a train or something?
That is what I felt that going thru train should be the best option. However the main pain with that is the ensure that loading and unloading is done properly even if it goes as parcel.

We have already talked with DHL and they want us to pay around 4.5k for it. Not sure how they carry it, though it will be airlifted and delivered at home.

Samsung service sucks big time now. I am waiting since 3 weeks now to get my 51D550 replaced which went bad on 2nd day of usage. No confirmations till now..

Hi
Is this still available? I would be interested, to be shipped to Pune.
The best price I am getting in Pune is 67,500/-

--Harshad

Hi
Is this still available? I would be interested, to be shipped to Pune.
The best price I am getting in Pune is 67,500/-

--Harshad

Where in Pune are you getting this price, Harshad? Can you PM me the details?

why so much hue & cry now?..u should do ur homework b4 buying anything(particularly Plasma tv) online...as everybody correctly having the knowledge knows that Plasma tv's r much more fragile & prone to damage in transit & particularly if that transit has been done/handled most roughly by the courier guys....if u pin these courier guys down & can make them accountable(alongwith with the tv dealer) for the transit damage of a costly item it would be best!....i dont know what sort of modalities were worked out at the last stages prior purchase with the dealer or samsung & if there is feasibility of replacement in such circumstances,it's all in the best knowledge of how well & good prankey can sort it out..so,i believe,there's very GOOD chances that the tv would soon be replaced!

Also,for all those on look out after this Tv & continuously following this thread,let me re-confirm you,...that,there is Nothing wrong with samsung or for the matter.this tv the 51d550.Every other goods(including plasma tvs) can conk off at any time & more so if they r mishandled badly in transport..particularly if the consignment involves glass & the plasma tv do have glass!But to allay all meaningless fears from mind & take some common sense,do understand that these plasma tv's are never built at ur hometown but r rather transported/imported from elsewhere/foreign land & probably have travelled half the globe & survived well b4 u get them at ur home....it's Only the last mile that mainly accounts for what u receive.However there is No Safety against Deliberate Mishandling by the couriers!.......anyway..who were the couriers here?

Last edited:
This might well be the cause why manit's shipment went bonkers....
...Plasma tv's have to be face standing up when shipping........
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=957408

Will anyone enlighten what is Samsung recommended handling procedure for shipping Plasmas?
Thanks a ton Karthi, even I was wondering how only glass broke when body do not have any dent. This could well be the reason!

why so much hue & cry now?..u should do ur homework b4 buying anything(particularly Plasma tv) online...as everybody correctly having the knowledge knows that Plasma tv's r much more fragile & prone to damage in transit & particularly if that transit has been done/handled most roughly by the courier guys....if u pin these courier guys down & can make them accountable(alongwith with the tv dealer) for the transit damage of a costly item it would be best!....i dont know what sort of modalities were worked out at the last stages prior purchase with the dealer or samsung & if there is feasibility of replacement in such circumstances,it's all in the best knowledge of how well & good prankey can sort it out..so,i believe,there's very GOOD chances that the tv would soon be replaced!

Also,for all those on look out after this Tv & continuously following this thread,let me re-confirm you,...that,there is Nothing wrong with samsung or for the matter.this tv the 51d550.Every other goods(including plasma tvs) can conk off at any time & more so if they r mishandled badly in transport..particularly if the consignment involves glass & the plasma tv do have glass!But to allay all meaningless fears from mind & take some common sense,do understand that these plasma tv's are never built at ur hometown but r rather transported/imported from elsewhere/foreign land & probably have travelled half the globe & survived well b4 u get them at ur home....it's Only the last mile that mainly accounts for what u receive.However there is No Safety against Deliberate Mishandling by the couriers!.......anyway..who were the couriers here?
Yes, there is no way Manit will take a hit in this situation other than the time it is taking. I did not get reply to my SMS's I sent to Samsung rep, however will call him tomorrow to know the status. Will ask for a refund if it could not be arranged immediately. Otherwise worst which could happen in this case is Manit would have to ship the TV back to the dealer and the dealer claims for damage from Samsung as per the condition they are claiming now (first time I am witnessing such restrain from them).

VRL Logistics was the courier company. They ship LCDs regularly from major manufacturers like Samsung, LG, Onida, etc. Seems they are inexperienced in handling Plasma TVs.

Seems they did ship it lying down when I always thought it will be shipped standing up. I completely agree with Karthi this could well be the reason as the surface will witness jerks differently at different points on the glass and as glass is completely plastic (in terms of physics - no elasticity like in those fiber based panels typically on LCD TVs), there is a good chance that the glass will break even if its very thick and strong like this TV.

Only CRT screens should be shipped upside down on a soft surface as there is a risk of their yoke dismembering if its shipped upright.

Last edited:
stocks are going to be shipped on Wednesday from factory...they are packing today...so guys get ready for 3g 1080p experience............................

Manit's TV update - Samsung rep has updated that Samsung Delhi is insisting on the TV to get damage claimed from Dealer's premises instead. He is waiting for the Delhi Service Manager to see if he could claim the damage against another TV sold by a local dealer there. Else, he suggested that Manit ship it back and he will either refund the amount or try to arrange for another more reliable mode of transport.

I am told by this weekend we should have ample stocks. We might be able to clear the entire queue, however still looking for a feasible transport option outside Bangalore. Folks from Bangalore, please confirm if you would like to take immediate delivery when stocks arrive. Others, please let me know how to work the shipment.

One mode of transport was to ship it in Volvo buses or train to avoid any damage. However, while I can coordinate the shipment from Bangalore, buyers would have to arrange for a transport to pick. And if there is a damage, you may have to ship it back to Bangalore for a replacement or refund (based on our recent experience with Samsung). Let me know how to proceed.

Last edited:
stocks are going to be shipped on Wednesday from factory...they are packing today...so guys get ready for 3g 1080p experience............................

Your forecast seems to be coming true. I wonder how are you getting these info? :) Thanks for the update, really appreciate that. Gets us in-sync with what Samsung communicates to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back